SIGforum
Taking down Annoying Prey at Home!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7580099764

March 24, 2020, 02:37 PM
pulicords
Taking down Annoying Prey at Home!
During our self-imposed quarantine at home, I've really appreciated the fact that months prior to the issue, I'd purchased a Bug-A-Salt gun. Not only does it provide needed recreation, the thing works great at reducing the annoying flying insects that have invaded our living space, and (using the special "Gluten Free!" salt), does so without messy sprays or impact weapons (regular flyswatters)! Like having a safari at home and your invited!!! Big Grin

https://www.bugasalt.com/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
March 24, 2020, 02:47 PM
Hound Dog
Those are oddly satisfying. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher
March 24, 2020, 02:55 PM
sig operator
If you get the camo model, put on your hunting clothes. It can feel really authentic as you creep around the house on this big game hunt. Smile
March 24, 2020, 03:28 PM
Hobbs
Guess it improves accuracy too if you can't shoot annoying prey critters in the face or eyes !!! Shoot
March 24, 2020, 03:34 PM
CPD SIG
Pulli, please describe the "annoying flying insects".

From your previous pictures, I'm expecting pterodactyls, or something else from Jurrasic Park. Some sort of winged predator with a stinger the size of Louisville Slugger, something that sprays acid. Something that can pick up a F-250 and fly away with it....

Still not gonna go for a walk in the woods with ya! Big Grin

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
March 24, 2020, 03:40 PM
Jeff Yarchin
I could replace my salt shaker on the table with one of these. :+)
March 24, 2020, 06:48 PM
egregore

March 24, 2020, 06:50 PM
dewhorse
Be careful with wasps...it takes a couple hits to keep 'em down

And do not shoot yourself in the foot, my buddy who gave me mine felt the need to warn me
March 24, 2020, 07:16 PM
SigM4
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

And do not shoot yourself in the foot, my buddy who gave me mine felt the need to warn me

Yeah, it stings like an SOB, I mean, so I’ve been told...

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…
March 24, 2020, 07:32 PM
LS1 GTO
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

I think I read a story somewhere about you buying a personal Taser for your wife. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

March 24, 2020, 07:34 PM
wreckdiver
I've got one of those, thought it would entertain the nieces & nephews. I was right Big Grin

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton
March 24, 2020, 07:54 PM
Rick Lee
This how I hunt scorpions in the yard at night. They show up great under a black light.

March 24, 2020, 07:55 PM
DrDan

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/BHBbJAIcnBI

This space intentionally left blank.
March 24, 2020, 09:05 PM
pulicords
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Pulli, please describe the "annoying flying insects".

From your previous pictures, I'm expecting pterodactyls, or something else from Jurrasic Park. Some sort of winged predator with a stinger the size of Louisville Slugger, something that sprays acid. Something that can pick up a F-250 and fly away with it....

Still not gonna go for a walk in the woods with ya! Big Grin

Houseflies are a given, but right now the freaking crane flies are EVERYWHERE! If the doors open for just a moment, they charge inside like a Cape buffalo on meth!! Mosquitos are showing up too and when our AZ weather warms up, the scorpions show (but hopefully only outside).

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
March 24, 2020, 09:22 PM
doublesharp
Bet rburg already has two. Cool

March 24, 2020, 10:28 PM
RHINOWSO
Yup, I bought one then the company bought one for everyone, so now I have 2! Big Grin
March 24, 2020, 11:27 PM
YooperSigs
No need to purchase specialized weaponry to engage the common house fly. I have a cat.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
March 24, 2020, 11:30 PM
midwest guy
I was looking at one of those and I got distracted by looking to see if “Boober Eats” food delivery had come to the Chi area.
March 25, 2020, 01:27 AM
Fenris
quote:
Bug-A-Salt gun

I wonder if those would discourage pigeons (or squirrels) from camping on bird feeders.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
March 25, 2020, 03:51 AM
C-Dubs
A coworker of mine brought one on our last fishing charter.
The black flies, in the dog days of summer on Lake Michigan, are enough to drive you bonkers when you're trolling around.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”