SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake (job allowable that is)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake (job allowable that is) Login/Join 
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
For 24 years I worked in the oil business which had random drug tests as part of the employment guidelines. After retiring from that I have no desire to start.

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by heatinajeep:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
What I've noticed about people that smoke marijuana very often or daily. When they are not stoned, every single little problem is the end of the world and they freak out over the smallest little thing. Plus they're moody as hell depending on how little or how much thc they have in them.

sounds more of a theme of your company.

If someone could deal with normal life, to begin with, they wouldn't be getting stoned 24/7 from the time they wake up until the time they go to sleep.

That’s not my experience at all. I agree that perhaps it’s simply the people you are around and the drugs simply highlight an existing problem.

I personally do not smoke weed. But virtually everyone I worked with at my last two jobs smoked openly and often. I was working in the live events/entertainment industry and weed is used almost as much as alcohol. Despite this they all operate at a high level and are able to do so under pressure. Anyone who can’t solve problems very quickly and remain calm doesn’t last long at all.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own and buy guns, so I won't touch the stuff. If its legal use becomes the law of the land and it no longer is part of the 4473, I still won't go down that sinkhole.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with it being legalized... but have no desire to smoke or eat it again.... I would never use it while at work or before going to work.. same with alcohol or any other mood altering substance. Just stupid.

Oh, I have certified government paperwork that says I know how to grow it. from 1978....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
I used to work where we were tested a minimum of twice a year for illegal drugs PLUS unannounced tests, so I never even tried it. Once I retired I was offered a couple of tokes (drags, Huffs,,whatever) I got so sick for three days that my wife took me to the emergency room. Basically after a bunch of tests, I'm allergic to THC, so that blows that out of the water.

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Oh, I have certified government paperwork that says I know how to grow it. from 1978....

What if they didn't give you the paperwork. Would you still know how?

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. It is definitely addictive and mood altering.

I know three people that use daily, all are lazy. They do not contribute to society in any meaningful way, just leaches on the system.

And one tried to quit cold turkey after two years of using last week. Couldn't make it half a day, physically ill and throwing up. And was craving it bad.

I do think it effects pepole differently, some can handle it, some can't. I think it magnifies the problems that the three I know that use have.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe123:
No. It is definitely addictive and mood altering.

I know three people that use daily, all are lazy. They do not contribute to society in any meaningful way, just leaches on the system.

And one tried to quit cold turkey after two years of using last week. Couldn't make it half a day, physically ill and throwing up. And was craving it bad.

I do think it effects pepole differently, some can handle it, some can't. I think it magnifies the problems that the three I know that use have.

A three point data set is more than enough to draw such conclusions. Roll Eyes

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Red. No.

Flesheating, Well it's the only three that I know of that use. Maybe others do- but not that I know of. So it is just my experience with pepole that I know well enough. No it's not a poll, or a scientific study, just my personal experience.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe123:
Dr. Red. No.

Flesheating, Well it's the only three that I know of that use. Maybe others do- but not that I know of. So it is just my experience with pepole that I know well enough. No it's not a poll, or a scientific study, just my personal experience.

Fair enough. I have seen both sides- folks going to college and working full time making 4.0s who get fried on the weekends and lazy-ass potheads who amount to jack shit. It’s pretty much the same with booze. Some are drunks, some are functioning drunks. Smile

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

Fair enough. I have seen both sides- folks going to college and working full time making 4.0s who get fried on the weekends and lazy-ass potheads who amount to jack shit. It’s pretty much the same with booze. Some are drunks, some are functioning drunks. Smile
My guess is that the people who don't abuse it have friends who don't even know that they use it at all. It's the people who abuse anything that get all the attention on them about it.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t use it either way but it should at the least be de-scheduled so it can be researched.

Black markets will always exist but it it were federally legal it would reduce cartel involvement.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post