SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake (job allowable that is)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake (job allowable that is) Login/Join 
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Nope. Have no urge or desire.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never tried it, but if my employer was on board with the idea of recreational, off the clock use, I'd definitely be open to trying.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
No.

Having partaken in it a few times over the years (mostly when I threw out my back), from a friend who grew very high quality I might add, all it does is make me thirsty which means I’ll be grabbing a beer. It really does dry me out that badly.

I’ll just stick with water or make myself a drink.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
If my job allowed, yes. Good way to unwind on the weekends. Edibles or vaporizer only; smoke gives me a headache and clogs my sinuses. No different to me than unwinding with a drink or two. I’ve never had a problem with addiction, not that weed is physically addictive at all.

This thread is already degrading with the usual ignorance on this issue.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, and can't stand the smell of it.

If I need an escape from reality a good book does it for me.

Medicinal aspects? Perhaps, but purely medicinal in a clinical sense.

Seen the weed ruin a lot of lives (booze abuse too; but booze is at least legal). Sure, some can handle it, but most can't and escalate to hard stuff. Not much different from booze in this sense.

Still recall my last conversation with a good HS friend who ruined his life with the weed by 18. Told me to stay away from the weed and all other drugs. I flew to Europe 3 days later for 2 months and never saw him again. He is one of the few people in life I really wanted to see again. I still feel the pain as I write this 40 years later.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Wouldn’t admitting smoking it online implicate people in false answers on 4473? Maybe I’m just paranoid. Wink

Hypothetically if I ever smoked it in my life it hypothetically makes me feel paranoid and not pleasant at all. So no desire to touch the stuff now.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Wouldn’t admitting smoking it online implicate people in false answers on 4473? Maybe I’m just paranoid. Wink

Hypothetically if I ever smoked it in my life it hypothetically makes me feel paranoid and not pleasant at all. So no desire to touch the stuff now.

Yep, but the question is WOULD you if...

Now, we could go all Minority Report. Oh shit.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Nope, for the simple reason I don't like partaking of anything that loosens my ability to think, and function under control. Same reason I don't drink anymore. Not going to condemn anyone else for their own personal decisions, but this just isn't for me.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Nope, for the simple reason I don't like partaking of anything that loosens my ability to think, and function under control. Same reason I don't drink anymore. Not going to condemn anyone else for their own personal decisions, but this just isn't for me.

+1

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve tasted the vapors of the “ Devils Lettuce.”
I used to smoke it when it was 8 bucks a bag, brown Mexican brick weed. Stopped when I got a great job that tested anytime. Fail, fired. I didn’t want to lose that job!

After 25 years, retired and tried it again. Way, way too powerful for me & expensive also. Not Mexican dirt weed anymore.

Now, I much prefer CBD flower. I vape it & make cbd oil for myself.

Ps.. I believe you must surrender your Carry License if you get a MJ med. card, I might be wrong.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are just paranoid. NICS only flags CONVICTIONS for 12 months.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
When I was young it was the thing to do, these days I don't think I'd enjoy it.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
It's actually not really legal in any state on the Federal level. Medical Marijuana has been legal only state-wide but hasn't been for some time at the Federal levels and at any time, the Fed's if they wish can go after the use of it, or businesses, in any state where you had a legal state certified doctors recommendation. Not really accepted as to get a prescription for weed, however by a doctor "recommending" it is their work-around.

I've always been for it if used on a medicinal use levels as I've had long term prescriptions of opiates 24/7 and hated them. Medical marijuana seems a better option for pain if it in fact works for you. With all the approved FDA drugs and their warning labels, I can't even imagine what that would look like...may cause dizziness, hazardous to use heavy machinery, may impair vision..yada, yada, yada.. Big Grin

I wouldn't smoke it in any event, I can see oral use if it in fact was approved and actually does work. But it's going to be a fight until pharmaceutical companies get on board too, they have a lot at stake losing $$ from the opioid users jumping ship to use marijuana in some form unless those same companies have their grow businesses up and running. Which I'm no doubt confident they already have some kind of future action plan in place to compete in this market. Maybe the State's that are currently allowing medical marijuana, those states are some form of future business models so the big-pharma's can just slip in place, who knows.

I'm kinda already messed up physically and otherwise from brain surgery stuff, I can't even imagine wanting to use it at full strengths with my balance issues, but does encourage uses for hybrids CBD/THC low ratios, or otherwise if in fact it actually works for me to reduce pain without all the "entourage effects" of the current smokable types. There is very interesting information available currently, especially coming out of Israel's ongoing testing of cannabidiols.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grew up around it. It’s always been a very low LE priority at the user level. It was easier to get than booze and booze wasn’t a difficult get. I’ve never used. It wasn’t a legality issue but rather seeing the long term effects it had on people in my life. As an adult I know their issues weren’t entirely the fault of the hippie lettuce but it certainly didn’t help. As an impressionable kid they were a far better cautionary example than anything DARE could throw at me. I know plenty of people who use it and are upstanding contributors to society. I’m curious about it but not enough to partake at this time. No interest in smoking. Edibles would be the way I’d go. I have friends in the grow business.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ya’ll with physical pain issues might do well to look at the topical CBD creams. If you use a lot of Icy Hot or Tiger Balm, use it the exact same way. Took a few separate applications before it did anything my wife or I, but once it starts working, it’s amazing. This stuff stops pain vs confusing the nerve endings with tingling sensations. There is no comparison. None. There is also no intoxication or weed smell, so some of you saying you’d use it medically but don’t want to smoke anything or be impaired can definitely benefit from muscle and joint pain relief.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
It's actually not really legal in any state on the Federal level. Medical Marijuana has been legal only state-wide but hasn't been for some time at the Federal levels and at any time, the Fed's if they wish can go after the use of it, or businesses, in any state where you had a legal state certified doctors recommendation. Not really accepted as to get a prescription for weed, however by a doctor "recommending" it is their work-around.

You realize that with this Congress, it'll pass legalization in the next two years. Only question is if the president signs off or vetoes.

All they need to think its about all the tax dollars which it'll bring through regulation and how that'll offset all the C-19 spending.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

You are just paranoid. NICS only flags CONVICTIONS for 12 months.

My point was about the question we answer that asks if we are an unlawful user. Has nothing to do with convictions. If you answer yes you fail the check right? If you say no but are found to be lying that’s a problem isn’t it?

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t really think anyone is getting busted by a post here. Just a hypothetical thing.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I didn't vote due to lack of proper answer for me.

Been there, done plenty, best with music, don't need anymore unless for medical reason. I'm sure the prices are crazy.

There was something about buying 1/4-pound for $105, selling 3 ozs for $35 each, get one free.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fuck No !

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Child of the seventies here. Unlike our former President I not only smoked it, I inhaled too Smile

Lots of homegrown and ditchweed, got to college and discovered the much better and stronger stuff. After college I used to play golf with a guy. I brought a quart, he brought a joint. Made for an enjoyable round.

Probably been 35 or more years since I've imbibed in any. Zero interest. It's legal here in Michigan. I could grow like 12 plants id I wanted or run to town and choose from several places selling it. I don't like the way it makes me feel, I don't like the way it stinks. And I like having my EMS license too much. Along with the Federal issues with firearms at least for now.

I don't care if adults smoke it. I would prefer they don't do it around me as I don't want to smell it or smell like it.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post