SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake (job allowable that is)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake (job allowable that is) Login/Join 
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolria:
I would if I hadn't lost my pipe in that boating accident!

Ha! Guess you need to switch to a water bong.

Posts: 7347 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pickle Rick:
Pass.

Nah, bro. It goes Puff, Puff... then Pass.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
One observation I've made that I've mentioned to the young people I work with who dabble w/ the satan's salad.
"Back in my day, when someone bought weed, they bought "item: bag w/ weed like substance" in it.
Ingredients: grass? stems? seeds?

Now days w/ .gov oversight (not that anyone should be for that) I think people are getting better product? One young lady I work w/ confirmed a recall on a "flower" that wasn't properly dried and had potential for mold.

Quite a difference from when I was in HS.
Now they have edibles and such that eliminate lung complications for patients that benefit from it. I'm not going stand over them and pretend I know better than them or their doctors.

Posts: 7347 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dick0550
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's going to be the end of the world if it's legalized. It makes no sense that alcohol and tobacco are legal and marijuana isn't. I don't use it, tried edibles a couple times but it wasn't for me. But I do use CBD quite a bit.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Posts: 281 | Location: Culpeper, VA | Registered: September 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Several decades ago I tried the shit since my live-in girlfriend and her friends smoked it... made my chest hurt like I was having a myocardial infarction, and I was a smoker at the time so that wasn't the issue!

Never again will I touch it, no matter what!

Edit to add: I don't mind if others do it, and I don't care if it's legalized... I just have no use for it myself. Cheers!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4573 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
No way.
I don't even drink alcohol.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
My sister was a big pothead back in HS, every time I was around it I got a massive headache. I never had the urge to try it due to that.

I went off to the Marines, wasn't around it. Married my wife, she had smoked before, but didn't while I was in.

After I got out, she smoked on occasion with friends, I didn't. Wasn't pressured to, didn't care to.

One night we were with friends, and I decided to try it. Bad mistake. I was used to room spins from alcohol, but this was different... the room spun vertically... and I was never so sick as I was that night.

After talking to other friends in the industry (growers, extractors, medical and now recreational) it was agreed that I am sensitive if not allergic to it or something in it, and I'm best to avoid. I'm allergic to Gin, so I get it, no big loss for me.

My wife continues to use on occasion, mostly high CBD/low THC strands that help with body aches and anxiety. I see the difference in her (married 24 years now) and there isn't a doubt it works as she needs it.

In all, my black/white outlook has changed on it, and in general my stance is just like anything else. Moderation and education is key.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I've noticed about people that smoke marijuana very often or daily. When they are not stoned, every single little problem is the end of the world and they freak out over the smallest little thing. Plus they're moody as hell depending on how little or how much thc they have in them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
What I've noticed about people that smoke marijuana very often or daily. When they are not stoned, every single little problem is the end of the world and they freak out over the smallest little thing. Plus they're moody as hell depending on how little or how much thc they have in them.

sounds more of a theme of your company.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'm going to open a Weed Shack, make tons of money off pot and retire to the islands....

We are going to have a sit-n-smoke area, so you can burn up the money you just dropped before leaving, maybe buy more.

Daughter is going to open a snack shop and to get out of the store you'll be forced to walk past the edibles as well as Doritos, M&M's oreos and other nice treats at 20% over normal retail...

I can see my new boat now..... Parked right next to my dentists yacht...

So legalize it,

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Maybe but probably not.

Allegedly every day of the 1980's was smokey. Eek
But at some point you have to wise up what's best for your own health.
When you are young you can take a lot more abuse although I think alcohol is worse on you health-wise.

To legalize it and tax it is a bogus argument.

From a freedom standpoint I have no issues but I have concerns with the crime it brings in (not possession or use) whether legal or not.

So ultimately I most likely would not unless at some point there was a "valid" medical need.

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I'm going to open a Weed Shack, make tons of money off pot and retire to the islands....

We are going to have a sit-n-smoke area, so you can burn up the money you just dropped before leaving, maybe buy more.

Daughter is going to open a snack shop and to get out of the store you'll be forced to walk past the edibles as well as Doritos, M&M's oreos and other nice treats at 20% over normal retail...

So legalize it,

The Girl Scouts said "hold my beer".

Posts: 3901 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can see my new boat now.....

Name it 'High Tide'.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

I can see my new boat now.....

Name it 'High Tide'.

^^^that.....right there....is fuckin funny!! Big Grin

Posts: 3118 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
No. I don't need altered states.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Not gonna happen.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5034 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
No, I don't smoke. Not against it, It's just not my thing.

My thoughts exactly.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8522 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
hilarious responses. genuinely.

Agreed. Alcohol is far worse, for your body, beatings, death, name it.

If they have some kind of "weed" that will knock me out at night so I can sleep I certainly would buy it. I'd rather do that than be on the prescription I'm on currently, to sleep. But I would not do it unless the people I work for said Ok as well as my medical insurance. Until both sign off, it's a hard no.

You can find that "weed" in aisle 9 at your hardware store. Its called gold or silver paint. Comes with a free huff bag too. Big Grin. You'll sleep for awhile.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:

So legalize it,

I know youre being faceious here but if youre not in it already it is too late. Its just as commercialized now as say wineries. Youll be choked out of even getting a license and priced out for all the start-up. Best bet is finding large swaths of land near urban centers. Its amazing how far its come along with the many different strains engineered to provide different effects.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heatinajeep:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

sounds more of a theme of your company.

If someone could deal with normal life, to begin with, they wouldn't be getting stoned 24/7 from the time they wake up until the time they go to sleep.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post