SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake (job allowable that is)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake (job allowable that is) Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I am amused by the vehemence of the "no" answers from some posters. Not just a "no, not for me", but like a visceral reaction, like instead of pot, the OP was asking if you'd ever smoke crack while you fucked your brother. It's marijuana, guys, stop thinking Reefer Madness was full of facts. You're probably gonna giggle and really want Doritos, not try and kill and rape your neighbor (in that order).

Anyway, no, probably not, would I do it. I might give it another try, some other strain, maybe edibles, but generally I don't like the buzz it gives me. I'm more of a drinker.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be too afraid of looking like a square for not knowing how to hold the marijuana cigarette correctly. But I don't need it. I've heard people smoke the devil's lettuce because it makes music sounds better, but in my humble opinion the music of Pat Boone can't be improved upon.

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 280 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
I am amused by the vehemence of the "no" answers from some posters. Not just a "no, not for me", but like a visceral reaction, like instead of pot, the OP was asking if you'd ever smoke crack while you fucked your brother. It's marijuana, guys, stop thinking Reefer Madness was full of facts. You're probably gonna giggle and really want Doritos, not try and kill and rape your neighbor (in that order).

Anyway, no, probably not, would I do it. I might give it another try, some other strain, maybe edibles, but generally I don't like the buzz it gives me. I'm more of a drinker.

^ This response nailed this thread..

Against the popular theme of responses here, I partook a bit for 15 years, late teens and 20s.
Drank very little in those days.

Toking motivated me; to work out, clean the house, mow the yard, and be able to tolerate my first wife.
Three hits of skunk weed in 1985 was all I need to chill out or work out.
When we had kids, I quit smoking pot, got divorced 4 years later.
Also when I got divorced, I changed employment classification and was under regulation of DOT laws and random drug testing.
I quit for my kids first, and my job second.

But when I quit pot, I drank more, because it was legal.
When I drank more, I gained weight.
More weight that I ever gained from getting the Maryjane munchies.

I like a buzz sometimes at the end of the day, not everyday, but at times.
I guess I'm not as straight laced, prudish, and a control freak as some that posted in this thread.
I like to loosen up at bit...

There are several strains of Marijuana.
Some make you tired, mellow, and sleepy.
Some can motivate you to get off your ass.
Neither have ever made me as inebriated as alcohol, ever.
I don't drink liquor and get shitfaced, I just enjoy an occasional beer or 3.

If it was legal in Texas, I might look into it, but I doubt the DOT will ever allow it.
Although I enjoyed the act of smoking it back in the day (inhale and exhale), the weed is far more potent now.
I'd more likely look into edibles or maybe buy another 1-hitter dugout.
Points for those who know what that is... Big Grin

Probably have to wait until I retire in 4 to 5 years to check it out if it does indeed become federally legal.

If I could partake a hit, or edible, of ganja from time to time, I'd never drink again... Wink

Don't freak the fuck out on me.
I don't drink and be around firearm related activities (range, cleaning, buying, selling, carrying) the same would go for the cannabis..

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake

MJ smells like death to me, so, I'll never be able to "partake", thank you very much.

Q

Posts: 26321 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I smoked plenty back in the day. Some of us grew it, so called UW strain it was really good.
It’s legal here, I went in a pot store to get some CBD for the dogs on New Year’s Eve a couple years ago.
Looking around in there I thought it was pretty cool seeing the big selection.
I have friends who still do it. My sister smokes it for her migraines.
My wife and I don’t smoke it, haven’t done any for 20 years. I won’t go back to it.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
No, I am a grown ass man, not a careless teenager.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
hilarious responses. genuinely.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Yes, no booze for me at all, I do enjoy some back pain relief from the “tree”. I do appreciate its potential.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried it for a short time when I was young and dumb. I must have an addictive nature as I started craving it like a kid and candy. So I stopped immediately.

Then I heard of a local fellow who was high at work and a machine ripped his arm off at his shoulder. NOPE! AIN'T GONNA DO IT!

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Zero interest.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I don't care at all. Smoke, shoot up, snort. I don't care.

I'm all about true freedom. Choice and consequences.

However, I am a total authoritarian when it comes to fucking up someone else's lives. Harm someone while driving incapacitated, fuck you, everything you got is gone and you get to live your life digging coal or whatever resource is needed for free market capitalism. You kill them? Goodbye, you get to contribute by becoming fertilizer. Choices, you could have stayed home to fuck yourself up.

Some folks just have to stay high all the time to numb the reality they are too stupid to do any better in life.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34104 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I have no interest at all for recreational purposes. If I ever tried it for medical reasons, I wouldn't smoke it. I don't think inhaling any type of smoke is good for your lungs and see no need to risk even minimal lung damage.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Agreed with Airsoftguy. The replies here are pretty interesting.

There are a few things that some people may not know about the marijuana nowadays. Back when you were buying your $5 lid in the 60’s it was trash weed. The percentage of THC (the psychoactive chemical in marijuana that gets you high) in the weed if the past was in the single digits. If you were scoring 7%-9% THC weed, you had your hands on some super killer weed.

Fast forward 40-60 years.

Botany and science. Plants nowadays are high yield in weight, the plants grow more flower buds, and larger buds. That is not the important factor though. The percentage of THC produced is quite high. There are strains of pot you can buy that are up to 28% THC. That’s the highest percentage “flower”, or “bud” I have seen. This is three to four times more potent than the weed of yesteryear. So the weed they are smoking now, is as potent as the hash we used to score.

Wait, there’s more. Now, there is wax and shatter. These are concentrates of marijuana. So when we were young, you might get some hash, and that was really potent. Now if you want potent, the concentrates are where it is, yielding between 70%-90% THC.

Let’s do a little math here.
An ounce of old school pot. 28 grams x 5% THC = 1.4 grams of THC. This is in an entire ounce.
One gram of shatter. 1 gram x 90% = .9 gram of THC. This is in one GRAM
Using a dab rig (bong) with a titanium or crystal nail, you can burn up a 1/4 gram in a single hit. (The kid referenced below, bragged about taking multiple gram dabs, so a 1/4 gram dab isn’t really huge).
Old school weed hit .0125 gram of THC. (Based off smoking 1/4 gram of weed which is at least half a joint).
One hit of shatter = .225 gram of THC.

So we are talking about smoking a substance that is 18 times stronger than what we smoked in many years past. So basically one hit of the current concentrates are the equivalent of smoking nine joints back in the day, or 4.5 grams of weed.

I had a young man working for me that would dab before work. He was working on a career as a dabster. (Yes, people now get employed by pot companies to smoke their products and review them). He would show up at work and would be so completely baked it was impossible to communicate. The kid was so stoned that when speaking with him, it was like talking to a wall. At best it would be a five second delay in any response from him.
When he quit (court ordered) he never snapped completely out of it. He literally smoked himself stupid.

Now I know this post sounds like I am against smoking weed. I’m not. To each their own. I really don’t have a problem with it. With that said, taking a couple tokes long ago, and taking a hit of concentrate nowadays is the same as comparing taking shots of a Minnesota 3.2 beer vs taking shots of Everclear (95% grain alcohol).

I thought some here in this thread might enjoy these facts.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No interest. None at all.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I outgrew it in 1977.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3443 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I smoked some during college, got away from it in law school, quit well before I entered the Army and never went back.

I won't go back now. I don't like the smell, I have asthma so I don't want to irritate my lungs, can't stand dry mouth, and don't have anyone in my social circle who is a smoker. Generally, my middle aged friends enjoy a beer together, and that's about it.

So long as our cops are trained to spot the impaired on the roads, and the impaired are treated like drunks, then I'm fine with it.

Kind of to Marzy's point, do it if it's your thing, but negatively affect others because you are irresponsible, then the gloves come off.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
My main thing against it, is it stinks so dang bad. I swear, every hotel I stayed in, on the east coast of FL, stunk of it.

Posts: 5722 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Given the odd info we received, when we considered making CBD products (for any Feds reading, we didn't even bring in samples for trial, as instructed.), I think there's a "crack" form of THC, as well.

We received rather specific, and complicated instructions, on what not to do to the CBD with traces of THC, lest we make it intoxicating.

Posts: 5722 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
My main thing against it, is it stinks so dang bad.

Yep. But there are ways around that, like with pills or edibles.

As stated, if I were to give it a try, I'd want to do it through some means other than smoking, partly due to lung health, and partly because of the rank smell.

Kinda like with cigarettes, users get numb to the smell. It's comical at times. Johnny Stoner thinks he's being so sly, but everyone around him clearly knows that he smokes weed just based off the distinctive smell permeating his clothes/skin/hair/car/house/etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I think there's a "crack" form of THC, as well.

We received rather specific, and complicated instructions, on what not to do to the CBD with traces of THC, lest we make it intoxicating.

There are various means to concentrate THC into a higher potency liquid or solid form, as mentioned above by Beancooker. This is typically done using high THC "real" marijuana from the start, to more easily produce very highly concentrated THC substances like "wax"/"shatter"/"oil"/etc.

But even if the CBD only contained traces of THC small enough to be unable to cause a high, it could potentially be chemically manipulated into a format concentrated enough to cause a high. It would just take a while and require a very large amount of CBD, due to the very low THC content of the original CBD substance. So it probably wouldn't be worth the effort.

(Similar concept to something like boiling or evaporating salt water to produce salt. If you start out with just mildly salty water, you'll only end up with a little salt, and it would take a lot of that mildly salty water to produce a usable amount of salt. But if you start off with really salty water, you end up with more salt more quickly.)

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
No.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post