SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake (job allowable that is)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake (job allowable that is) Login/Join 
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
It's not legal here and hasn't stopped me for last 20+ years lol. I work in IT, random drug testing has never been a thing in this industry in my experience.

Very easy to obtain via internet/shipped to your door. growing outdoors here seasonally was a thing as a youth.

for less than 1k you can have a very discreet indoor grow. you can grow more than enough than one person could use. Very low risk, high output.

Extract/vaporizing deals alot with those that can't stand taste/smell.

Edibles is a different experience vs. intake via lungs as well.

As a society, we've way bigger problems that resources spent on weed enforcement and ruining lives over it. Gotta get those legal fees i guess..keep pharma cash in pockets.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Given the odd info we received, when we considered making CBD products (for any Feds reading, we didn't even bring in samples for trial, as instructed.), I think there's a "crack" form of THC, as well.

We received rather specific, and complicated instructions, on what not to do to the CBD with traces of THC, lest we make it intoxicating.

crack form of the weed....

sir, please.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I’m with Mars - do what you want. Myself, think should be legal at Federal level. I don’t like smoke, learned early on I prefer a drink or two. Might try it again as an edible if ever legal but not in my top 50 things to do.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Nope. Waste of time, brain cells, and money. And it won’t be like alcohol in one major respect- legal or not, employers will still be able to make it a condition of employment to prohibit use, and I have no problem with that.

An employer could make teatotalling a condition of employment too, if it wanted. Nothing prevents an employer from requiring an employee refrain from drinking entirely. I imagine there are some who do just that, in fact.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
No way. Made it 52 years without the need for intoxication or getting high.

Same here. Never have NEVER will.

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Nope. Know too many potheads. the current hybridized strains are so far from any "natural" plant that they're potentially very dangerous IMO. I have several family members in the legal weed business.

If you read the studies there is a strong correlation between regular pot use and increased paranoia and suicide, FWIW. Nobody likes to talk about it.

There are cannabinoids that have potential to be very helpful for medicinal use for various ailments. But nobody wants to actually perform a legitimate trial.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heatinajeep:

crack form of the weed....

sir, please.

As I intimated, the FDA came down like a ton of bricks, and it we dropped all thoughts of making products with CBD.

As I understood it, if we had subjected the CBD to the process, we were so stridently told to avoid, the THC was no longer THC. It was converted into a different, vastly more intoxicating, compound.

Posts: 5736 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. I also don't like taking medications (like the Oxy's, etc.) I just don't like being out of it in any way. I also don't wish to give anyone any reason to further infringe on my 2nd Ad. rights.

I can see the governments hesitance in legalizing it across the board. When I was on the job, people would ask my opinion on legalization before the vote here in WA. I'd explain that I could see the reluctance on the governments part, comparing it to alcohol. When you look at the societal/family issues surrounding alcohol abuse, you can see why they would think 'Don't want to let that cat out of the bag again.'

Tony

Posts: 314 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I should add to my earlier post on this subject.
Back in the day there was too much “we have to find some weed before we go do anything”.
Concerts, a hike, fishing, a hunting trip.
Now it’s easy to get, but it sure doesn’t change the mindset that you need some weed to have fun.
When I worked construction everyone would sit down at lunch and have a “pow wow”.
I have a friend who worked for a big HVAC company and he smoked from morning until bedtime. I remember someone asking him how do you work like that, stoned all the time.
He said “the problem would be if I wasn’t stoned”. He’d be moody and no patience if he didn’t have it.
I’m not saying it’s that way for everyone, but there can be that element to it.
I do everything stone cold sober now and I’m not going to change that.
But I am with the to each his own bunch.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Nope for me, legal or otherwise.

I drink to moderation, like two or three drinks at a single sitting at most. I've only ever been drunk drunk like five times in my whole life, and it's not a feeling I relish or seek. I also avoid prescription meds. After an operation they gave me oxy. Never took a single one.

I enjoy the taste of many alcohols, be it beer, wine or spirits, so I derive pleasure from them that way.

I see no reason to do pot because I sure as shit won't smoke it, because it's one of the most offensive smells I've ever smelt, and if you consume a "flavorless" variety via edibles or whatnot, what's the point other than intoxication?

Furthermore, I am entirely unconvinced that the long term side effects of habitual use--akin to drinking heavily every day--have been adequately studied.

We know for sure that drinking has negative effects on the body, but that's been well studied because it's legal. Give me decades of data of habitual heavy weed use first.

My anecdotal evidence tells me that every person I've ever known who was a habitual heavy pot smoker actually became dumber. Guys I went to school with (like PhD school, so over 7 years of knowing them) who were amazingly bright but were stoned out of their gourds every day clearly showed signs of diminished capacity years later. And I'm not talking about one or two people.

So count me out, short of some actual, real and pressing medical condition that actually has clinical evidence of the benefits of marijuana (glaucoma, chemo, epilepsy, etc.). That is the only conceivable circumstance I could see myself taking it.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do these threads always go from would you try it? To everyone I know who takes massive amounts every day for years has an issue.

What can you put into your body in massive quantities every day other than maybe water, isn't bad for you. I think we all know abusing anything is going to be bad for you long term.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Why do these threads always go from would you try it? To everyone I know who takes massive amounts every day for years has an issue.

What can you put into your body in massive quantities every day other than maybe water, isn't bad for you. I think we all know abusing anything is going to be bad for you long term.

Pretty much all that needs to be said. Many people like to pop a few edibles late at night, get a high, and go to bed. They wake up with a dry mouth instead of a hangover. Just like alcohol, anything done to excess is bad for you. But the government doesn’t care, as long as the tax dollars keep pumping in.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
If it were legal in Georgia I'd participate recreationally.

I smoked some in high school and college, quit while I was in the Air National Guard and when I worked for companies who tested.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
Well I guess there should just be a poll and no place for comments.
I’m just a talker I guess, but I sure read more than I post.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Legalize it, tax it, and be sure the taxes are high enough to cover the expenses of medical, insurance, law enforcement etc, yes its costing a lot now to enforce the laws, so we have an opportunity to have the users pay to cover the total costs associated with it... Since they've paid no taxes on it for decades because it's illegal.

Don't know how many arrests are made because of possession any more, but it will eliminate that, you can't get arrested for having a 12 pack unopened in your car on the way home from the store, so having a bag of weed shouldn't get you popped. Same for larger quantities, if I have 4 kegs of beer am I now potentially an unlicensed distributor of alcohol? of course not.

There will still be street sales of pot, not everyone can afford the special brands of higher THC pot and the taxes it will require of the Rec Pot Stores, don't think cartels and street vendors of pot will go away, they still have to supply crack, meth, heroin, cocaine, and other drugs, they will still have pot, cartels are not going to give up that cash flow.

Guessing legally to buy it will have an age requirement, 21, 24 whatever, so kids will need to buy, so it's going to be sold in schools, streets, alleyways, back yards.....

Heck maybe the cartels will buy up land, open up processors, hire people at $15 an hour and legally grow and sell pot. Who knows, might be cheaper than slave labor and mules....

But the big reason for legalization, to get it off the political agenda, once it's legal, boom no longer will it be used on ballots for constitutional amendments, like FL AZ CA etc... that issue will be settled and done.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a kid on the farm and my neighbor friends we smoked dried corn silk when it was in season Wink,but not too much,you could get a bad headache.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Nope. Waste of time, brain cells, and money. And it won’t be like alcohol in one major respect- legal or not, employers will still be able to make it a condition of employment to prohibit use, and I have no problem with that.

An employer could make teatotalling a condition of employment too, if it wanted. Nothing prevents an employer from requiring an employee refrain from drinking entirely. I imagine there are some who do just that, in fact.

I imagine they would orders of magnitude less employers doing that with alcohol. Law enforcement, public and private transportation, security, etc...basically anyone that could be held responsible for the safety of others would be far easier to identify from drug tests than someone drinking up to 5 days prior to testing. And that’s for heavy drinkers. Far more employers would, rightly, restrict their employees from smoking weed than alcohol consumption.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
hilarious responses. genuinely.

Agreed. Alcohol is far worse, for your body, beatings, death, name it.

If they have some kind of "weed" that will knock me out at night so I can sleep I certainly would buy it. I'd rather do that than be on the prescription I'm on currently, to sleep. But I would not do it unless the people I work for said Ok as well as my medical insurance. Until both sign off, it's a hard no.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I would if I hadn't lost my pipe in that boating accident!

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Pass.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post