SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake (job allowable that is)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marijuana - If it Were Legal, Would You Partake (job allowable that is) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Never cared for it, don't like the smell. That said, I've got no problem with anybody looking to partake, provided they're considerate to those around and, like alcohol & other drugs, aren't operating any equipment where focus is necessary.

I'm good with legalizing it, particularly with its development into various CBD alternatives, doesn't need to be smoked/inhaled. Having seen enough friends return from deployment with broken bodies due to parachute jumps, bouncing around a falling helicopter, TBI problems from shooting too many Carl Gustaf's/AT4/LAAWs and setting off all manor of explosive charges...its the only thing that helps with the inflammation in their nerves and their insides. Mary Jane isn't addictive and is a whole lot safer than alcohol or, all manor of opiate based drugs that the VA likes to load-up its patients with.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Mine was no. Heart doctor made me give up cigars August 2019 so no smoke for me.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Wouldn’t admitting smoking it online implicate people in false answers on 4473? Maybe I’m just paranoid. Wink

You are just paranoid. NICS only flags CONVICTIONS for 12 months.

My point was about the question we answer that asks if we are an unlawful user. Has nothing to do with convictions. If you answer yes you fail the check right? If you say no but are found to be lying that’s a problem isn’t it?

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t really think anyone is getting busted by a post here. Just a hypothetical thing.

Well, are you? If you are addicted to and you lie on the form, yes. If you are a current user, and you lie on the form, yes. If you used last week, and are no longer a user of, you are not lying.

Convictions are what gets people arrested, not wether or not they used weed here or there. The federal statute is too vague, and I’m sure there are state statutes that cover it better. Kentucky’s state statute is far better than the federal law.

I’ll stop harshing the mellow of the thread which technical talk.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I'd only do mj if it helped for some medical problem I may develop...and only in edibles form.

I've never ever had a desire to get high, but I did drink alcohol in excess in my yute to be able to not be so shy around the women-folk. I absolutely LOVE the taste of beer, though, but I just don't care one bit for the alcohol.

My son-in-law sells the schtuff at a store in Portland, OR, and I'm sure he could direct me to the 'good stuff' if I were to get to that point where conventional drugs don't work or are cost prohibitive.

To add, I can't stand the smell of unburned and burning mj. I had to deal with that while dealing with it on the job.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1171 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Mine was no. Heart doctor made me give up cigars August 2019 so no smoke for me.

Just eat a little gummy. They make those along with cookies and other edible types.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wouldn’t admitting smoking it online implicate people in false answers on 4473? Maybe I’m just paranoid. Wink

You are just paranoid. NICS only flags CONVICTIONS for 12 months.

My point was about the question we answer that asks if we are an unlawful user. Has nothing to do with convictions. If you answer yes you fail the check right? If you say no but are found to be lying that’s a problem isn’t it?

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t really think anyone is getting busted by a post here. Just a hypothetical thing.

Well, are you? If you are addicted to and you lie on the form, yes. If you are a current user, and you lie on the form, yes. If you used last week, and are no longer a user of, you are not lying.

Convictions are what gets people arrested, not wether or not they used weed here or there.

Gents, let it go.

When Congress passes legalization, it'll be treated like alcohol and regulated the same (by FACT (Firearms, Alcohol, Cannabis, and Tobacco)).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting. My current Medicare Advantage Plan cover Marinol a legal pill form using man-made cannabis, with a small or zero co-pay, but my Doctor won't prescribe it. Though he is certified to "recommend" medical marijuana. I wanted to try it for pain instead of the opiates.

If it does go legal on the Federal level, I sure hope medical cannabis product prices drop, or some insurance intervention. That would help those who need it medically on fixed incomes. Oral, tinctures, oils and edible pricing are currently high (no pun intended) and I'd certainly be encouraged to use it for my kind of neurologic pain, not recreationally.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Prolly not. I don’t enjoy not being in control of my faculties.

When I drink I stop at two drinks because I want to be able to the ER if needed.

I was in some kind of law enforcement since 1988, I recovered literally tons of it and other drugs while in the CG and when I was a cop I dealt with it at the street level.

I’m not against it being used medicinally. My little bro uses it because the meds he takes diminish his food drive...the MJ makes him want to eat...don’t know if he abuses it or not cause we don’t talk for other reasons.

I think that it can be regulated just like alcohol, and I know it will be abused just as it is now....but during my police career I never had to fight with someone who was high on MJ and I didn’t see many drivers who were high on MJ...I can only think of two Dwi arrests,.and they were both so high they were driving at less than 20 mph and couldn’t even stand when I got them out of the car....otoh I arrested hundreds of drunk drivers over 18 years.

Bus drivers, airplane pilots, truck drivers etc can be dealt with at the employer level...no TCH whatsoever allowed in your bloodstream...my wife works for a nationwide food trucking company and their company policy is if you test hot-you’re gone...doesn’t matter what the law says where you live or are....and it works for them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Nope. Waste of time, brain cells, and money. And it won’t be like alcohol in one major respect- legal or not, employers will still be able to make it a condition of employment to prohibit use, and I have no problem with that.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
It is, and I have (retired, no job hassles) but I quickly found myself headed down the same rabbit hole that got me in so much trouble with alcohol.

Quit, won't be going there again.

Bingo. You nailed it for me. I wasted a lot of money smoking a lot if weed when I was younger. When I say a lot, I mean it. It’s an amount most wouldn’t fathom.

I quit smoking weed, and at some point started drinking. That got out of hand more often than it should. Four weeks ago, I quit drinking alcohol. So far not a drop.

I think I will live a happier, more enjoyable life if I do it sober. I don’t have enough self control to enjoy substances that increase my serotonin levels.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
Throughout my life, I’ve had friends try to convince me to partake. It never interested me. The only circumstance that I could see myself using it would be for some medicinal or pain management reason.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I would not smoke it but, I would like to try the edibles.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

Just eat a little gummy. They make those along with cookies and other edible types.

I might be open to that. Out of curiosity if no other reason.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Nope, that cotton mouth pisses me off, it also messes with my equillibrium. I think it should be as legal as alcohol tho.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Nope

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Never tried it before. Might try an edible just to see what it's like. YOLO

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still illegal here and my doctor does unannounced checks for it and other illegal drugs. One yes test and I lose my arthritis meds. So no until approved!

It puts me to sleep, always has, when I it tried it 40 years ago.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up in the 60s. Pot was hip and everywhere. One of my contemporary HS buddies sold pot and drove a new Mercedes. While he attended HS. Most of my friends were stoners and at the time I just thought it made them.... Stupid. But because I was around it so much as a kid, I just did not think it was that big a deal. As a cop, I did not really arrest most people who had minor amounts of pot on them, I just dumped it out in front of them. Which irritated them more than being arrested for it. If I caught someone with a large amount or a large amount packaged for sale, I confiscated it all and kicked it to the dope unit to follow up on. My own brother became a pot dealer and sold a key to one of our dope guys and my own department sent him up for 2 years when he refused to give up his customers. My real complaint with pot is that people steal to get money for it, same as they do with other other more harmful and addicting drugs.
Based on all my experiences with it, I wont partake. And I dont care to hang out with those who do. I dont drink and dont hang out with drunks so its all same, same to me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
It can have its time and place.

Legal here in Illinois, I had the chance to take a hit off a Pritzker-weed pre-roll last Summer, incapacitating. One hit. Max stoned, hard edged, paranoid, whoopee. I'm good, thanks.

With that in mind, it's my understanding the gummies and edibles can be stronger and much longer lasting, dunno, but double whoopee.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post