Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flowmax Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Been using low-dose of flowmax for maybe 18 months. No side effects that I'm aware of. Not sure how much it helps though...

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I promised to update this thread now that I have switched from Flomax to Alfuzosin/Uroxatral.

I stopped taking the Flomax for two days, then started the Alfuzosin. After stopping the Flomax, I noticed a difference after the first day - Urination was getting more difficult. I took the first Alfuzosin at about 8:00PM one evening. Had to go to the bathroom about 3:00AM that night, and I already noticed an improvement. I have now been on Alfuzosin for one full week, and urination is at least as good, if not better than the Flomax. I am happy with the new medication in that respect.

Unfortunately, the sexual side effects have been unchanged so far, after one week. The doctor told me it takes about a full week for the Flomax to get completely out of the body, so I should not be having any effects from the Flomax at this point. I am pretty disappointed that I am having the same side effect. At this point, I do not know what else to do but to continue for awhile and see what happens.

Posts: 944 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Took it about 2 years ago to help pass a massive kidney stone. Didn't help with the stone, but no side effects.

Fun fact: the stone was like 9mm. The joke around the office is that I shoot "dick bullets"

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately, the sexual side effects have been unchanged so far, after one week. The doctor told me it takes about a full week for the Flomax to get completely out of the body, so I should not be having any effects from the Flomax at this point. I am pretty disappointed that I am having the same side effect. At this point, I do not know what else to do but to continue for awhile and see what happens.

Be patient and give it a couple more weeks. Good luck.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Following-up to myself for an update...

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Last general physical, my doc informed me my prostate was mildly enlarged. Really, doc? I had no idea </sarcasm>

The effects are beginning to piss me off. I'm going to give saw palmetto a go.

I just cracked-open bottle #3 and ordered #4, so it's been about 6-1/2 months.

Verdict: It's working for me. Working quite well, in fact.

quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
So, what is a reasonably cheap and effective saw palmetto supplement ... ?

Read up on it, and some formulations work well for some men, others for others.

I started with Havasu Extra Strength Saw Palmetto Supplement. It helped, but, I wondered if another formulation might not work better, so...

I switched to Zhou Saw Palmetto Supplement and, after two-three weeks realized further improvement.

I don't have the stream of an 18-year-old young man, but there's been a definite, significant improvement. Even when I get up in the dead of the night and first thing in the morning.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update--I'll bet you have hundreds if not thousands interested--and congratulations on 12,000 posts!

I had "back-jac" and would not want to take Flomax again, nice to know there's potentially a better alternative.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ensigmatic's update made me realize I never followed up to my post back from March 26.

I am still on the Alfuzosin. Much, Much better than the Flomax. No retrograde ejaculation anymore. Plus, urination is about 75-85% of normal - not perfect, but if this is how urination will be for the rest of my life, I could live with it. And no more sexual side effects from what I can tell.

So if you're on Flomax and do not like it, ask your doctor about Alfuzosin - I love this medication.

Posts: 944 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
I have been taking Flowmax (tamsulosin) for years with no side effects of any significance. Don't be afraid to at least try it.

My doc prescribed this to me, thinking some cramping I was having may be a prostate issue. I do have an enlarged prostate. I took this as prescribed for about a week.

Then the wife and I were having sex, except there never came a time when I felt I was going to orgasm, and finally just gave up.

I also told the doc I wasn't taking that shit any more and why. A few days later "things" were back to normal with sex.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BigWhup,

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My doctor prescribed Hytrin® for me many years ago, and I've been taking it every day. It appears to remedy my BPH successfully, and the side effects are not egregious. The pharmacy name for it is Terazosin. It apparently has been used for decades with well-recognized side effects--mild ones. Like all such medicines, I think it does affect libido, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post