SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI agent indicted in Oregon refuge standoff shooting - Accused of lying about firing at Robert “LaVoy” Finicum in 2016
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FBI agent indicted in Oregon refuge standoff shooting - Accused of lying about firing at Robert “LaVoy” Finicum in 2016 Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
One or even a few individual agents aren’t the FBI, and individuals who do the wrong things are found in any organization. The US Marine Corps, for example, is evidently highly respected among members here, but does anyone recall the Marine who spied for the Soviets?

In this case, isn’t the fact that the agent who lied is being charged is a good thing we can point to about the FBI? I’m sure many people there wish it had just never happened at all, but it did and the agency acted despite the unfavorable fallout that inevitably accompanies such things.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
One or even a few individual agents aren’t the FBI, and individuals who do the wrong things are found in any organization. The US Marine Corps, for example, is evidently highly respected among members here, but does anyone recall the Marine who spied for the Soviets?

Yes, I'm sure there are still many fine individual FBI agents and employees. I'm talking about the organization as a whole. An organization I've respected my entire life that has been shattered in the past decade. With their completely politicized investigations and leadership I have no confidence in anything the agency says.

Any agency that can't figure out the motive behind all of the domestic terror attacks we've had is either completely and totally incompetent or completely and totally politicized. There's really no middle ground on that - these killers have made their motive crystal clear.

FBI and DHS says Chattanooga shooter's motive still remains unknown

Pulse gunman's motive: Plenty of theories, but few answers

Bizarre: FBI Calls Scalise Shooting 'Spontaneous,' Gunman 'Had No Target In Mind,' Motive Unclear

Those are just the first ones that popped into mind - you can go on and on with this nonsense. Coupled with stuff like listing a dozen crimes Hillary committed and then saying you're not going to prosecute - until new leadership comes on board and puts an end to nonsense like this I won't have any confidence in anything the FBI says or does. YMMV.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
All the projectiles fired or thrown at the three other people barricaded in the vehicle after Lavoy exited were less-lethal rounds, including flashbangs to distract/disorient the occupants, baton/beanbag rounds to break windows, and OC (pepper spray) capsules to force them to exit the truck. This went on for several minutes, until they eventually complied, exited, and surrendered.

I would kindly suggest that after one of their party has been shot and killed, that the police firing bean bags and flashbangs at the truck is going to convince them that they are being shot at with real bullets and real explosives. Might not someone in that situation think they need to defend themselves and their family?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
A group of armed, wanted criminals are barricaded inside a vehicle. They're ignoring repeated commands to come out with their hands up and surrender. What should the police do?

Is not using a certain amount of non-lethal force to compel them to comply reasonable?

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Stupid should hurt.

It frequently does.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
All the projectiles fired or thrown at the three other people barricaded in the vehicle after Lavoy exited were less-lethal rounds, including flashbangs to distract/disorient the occupants, baton/beanbag rounds to break windows, and OC (pepper spray) capsules to force them to exit the truck. This went on for several minutes, until they eventually complied, exited, and surrendered.

I would kindly suggest that after one of their party has been shot and killed, that the police firing bean bags and flashbangs at the truck is going to convince them that they are being shot at with real bullets and real explosives. Might not someone in that situation think they need to defend themselves and their family?

Wonderful idea. However, flawed execution. If I go into the hood, and start making fun of people living there, instigate a fight, and get my ass whipped, it is really hard for me to conclude that it is reasonable to use deadly force to defend myself and my family. In essence, this bunch had instigated a fight with police by their actions caused every bit of this. Any claims of "self defense" is bullshit, for lack of a better term. You can't instigate a fight through your actions, and then try to claim you were just defending yourself. Hence, why the guys at OSP were cleared on the actual shooting. He played stupid games, won stupid prizes.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Looks like they didn't have much of a choice. He also put other family members at risk.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
always amazed when LEO's lie about this stuff. 99% of the time they will be cleared of the shooting but its the fabrication regarding the shooting that sinks them.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
BamaJeepster,

I'm with you.

I love me some FBI.

I suppose it's my belief that they are the final line against corruption within. I have always thought that as long as the FBI was on the job, America was safe. The Constitution would remain intact and whole. Liberty was safe.

I still hope for that. But ever since the Ruby Ridge debacle, Waco and the Branch Davidians, and Hillary's obvious treason among those items you identified...something has gone wrong.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post