SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just How Many Member Do You Have On Your Ignore List?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just How Many Member Do You Have On Your Ignore List? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
None. I ignored Test Pilot and missed the implosion. Learned my lesson. :-)

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
None. Pretty dang weak sauce if you are afraid your eyeballs will see something you don't like. This is the stuff of snowflakes on campus who are afraid they will hear an idea they disagree with, so they try to silence anyone with different ideas. Weak. Weak. Weak.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I had quite a few on ignore, but one day, I took a look and all of them had been banned, so I had to start over.

It does little good. A guy on ignore posts something and it is not showing, but then another guy comes along and quotes the ignored post so it is inflicted on me anyway.

I’ve never been one to suffer fools gladly, or at all. Unthinking, mindless vitriol is especially offensive.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I had someone on ignore once, can’t recall who. I realized that all I was doing was giving that person power over me, and they never knew it. I have my own ignore feature of simply not opening threads started by some people and scrolling past their comments posted in other threads.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
I put myself on ignore. I'm getting real sick of my shit.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
...so they try to silence anyone with different ideas. Weak. Weak. Weak.

Big difference in 'silencing' and 'ignoring'. I happily ignore but I wouldn't silence.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
None. I just don’t think anyone’s ever annoyed me to that extent, and I pretty much refuse to engage. Also, as others mentioned, Para seems to clean up regularly.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Zero.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Big Grin I haven't seen a post yet in this thread Big Grin

In all seriousness, Zero. I've used it in the past as I don't suffer fools, but it doesn't do much good as:
  • Para runs a tight ship and it's not long before the ban hammer swings.
  • Y'all quote them constantly and I ended up seeing it anyway.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I believe in the
    principle of
    Due Process
    Picture of JALLEN
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
    None. Pretty dang weak sauce if you are afraid your eyeballs will see something you don't like. This is the stuff of snowflakes on campus who are afraid they will hear an idea they disagree with, so they try to silence anyone with different ideas. Weak. Weak. Weak.

Not all ideas are created equal. The right to speak doesn’t inflict a duty to listen, by happy coincidence.

“Let blockheads read what blockheads wrote.” — Lord Chesterfield

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Alienator
    Picture of SIG4EVA
    posted Hide Post
    None. Para and the mods keep things nice a tidy. It's actually fun to see someone flame out every one in a while.

SIG556 Classic
    P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
    SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
    P938 SAS
    P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    None. I just don’t take it that serious.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Experienced Slacker
    posted Hide Post
    One from years ago.
    Got sick of their personal attacks in a thread.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Zero, unless I put someone unknowingly.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    10mm is The
    Boom of Doom
    Picture of Fenris
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by LBAR15:
    Over the years maybe 1 or 2 but now zero. Guys who who are obnoxious enough to offend me on the internet are usually so offensive that they end up getting banned by the boss anyway. Problem solved!

^^^ This.

Zero now. Occasionally in the past there were one or two.

Remember the guy who put Para on his Ignore List, and then bragged to Para about it?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
    Picture of TKO
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Fenris:
    quote:
    Originally posted by LBAR15:
    Over the years maybe 1 or 2 but now zero. Guys who who are obnoxious enough to offend me on the internet are usually so offensive that they end up getting banned by the boss anyway. Problem solved!

^^^ This.

Zero now. Occasionally in the past there were one or two.

Remember the guy who put Para on his Ignore List, and then bragged to Para about it?

I've been accused of stupid, but damn... that is a whole new level right there.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    10mm is The
    Boom of Doom
    Picture of Fenris
    posted Hide Post
    Years ago, someone went to the trouble of PMing me to tell me that I was a "retarded ass" and that he was putting me on his Ignore List.

For some reason, the phrase "retarded ass" amused me.

No I didn't poke him.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Coin Sniper
    Picture of Rightwire
    posted Hide Post
    I have zero members on my ignore list. A few have been headed there but Para always managed to do a a permanent ignore before I had to click he button.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Crusty old
    curmudgeon
    Picture of Jimbo54
    posted Hide Post
    Zero. There was a member who said he was going to put me in his ignore list over some trivial disagreement he had with me. Ironically he responded to a post I made after that and no rancor showed up. Go figure.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Oh stewardess,
    I speak jive.
    Picture of 46and2
    posted Hide Post
    I had to double check to be certain, but yep - none.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post