SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just How Many Member Do You Have On Your Ignore List?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just How Many Member Do You Have On Your Ignore List? Login/Join 
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
Only one: H&K-Guy
Damn! You beat me to it. Wink

Big Grin

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I use my phone to visit the forum. Some members have a lengthy signature line that makes all the other posts in the thread too small to read. Those guys get put on ignore.
You might already be aware of this: In your "preferences" there is a setting to ignore avatars and signatures.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I know what the list is, but I don’t use it.

I do, however, ignore any number of people in practice by just not reading their posts in detail, if at all. Are everyone’s posts and opinions worth reading and considering? Nope and nope. I’m not going to go diving for diamonds in a cesspit even if there is some faint chance of finding one there. I spend an inordinate amount of time here, but I want it to be for a purpose other than killing time. Fortunately, when I see posts by certain members, I know that the diamonds will be lying in plain sight accompanied by good Scotch and plenty of bacon. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
One, and he's "that guy"..knows everything and has been repeatedly wrong but he's too arrogant to admit it; so I ignore his comments

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
None.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one on my list. On the rare occasion that I find someone on here to be an asshole, I just move on to another post and disregard that individual.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Just 1 member. Sadly he is good at walking the line and staying just on the right side of it. Sooner or later....

Unfortunately his statements are usually so ludicrous that lots of members respond and quote him when they do, so the net effect is I still see his posts.

In all the years Ive been here, he is the only one that has ever been on it, and this after more than a few sparring sessions.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The only reason I even know about the ignore list is from accidentally putting myself on it many times. Only me.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Is there supposed to be something in this thread?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9158 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
No one on my list. Did not realize this option existed.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The Ignore function is just plain silly, imo. I got to ask, why? Why do you need to use it? If you want to ignore someone for whatever reasons, just don't even pay attention to their posting. But, you have no will power to resist on your own. You're afraid that if you peek, your BP will go through the roof, and you'll stroke out. So, you have to use this imaginative force field to help you resist. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I read the ignored posts but use the list to remind me who's acted like a jerk in past threads.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
one

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
If one ignores Karl, how can one win Karlma?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Fortunately, when I see posts by certain members, I know that the diamonds will be lying in plain sight accompanied by good Scotch and plenty of bacon. Smile

That's really beautiful, man! Big Grin

Prolly shouldn't add it to my Sig line, though Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Ok, I just went through mine. I thought there was one that wasn't banned. I cleared out everyone that was banned and everyone that hasn't posted in over a year and there are two left.

I forget why I ignore one of them though.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
None.
There are a few who I will just skip reading their posts or, read them and just shake my head and feel bad for them.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Zero. I'm a big boy and can read/hear what others have to say even if I disagree with them. And even if it's somebody I disagree with one one topic, there are several others where we share common ground or I can learn from their experience.

It would be a pretty boring place if we all thought the exact same way about every single thing.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I use my phone to visit the forum. Some members have a lengthy signature line that makes all the other posts in the thread too small to read. Those guys get put on ignore.

I thought I was the only one. I’ll read anyone’s opinion...at least once. But never-ending signature lines and huge pictures fuck up the screen.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
None.
I can go past any on my own and the powers that be handle the rest.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post