SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just How Many Member Do You Have On Your Ignore List?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just How Many Member Do You Have On Your Ignore List? Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
I’ve just realized that I don’t have anyone in my ignore list. I guess I believe everyone should have their say, even if they don’t get their way. I kinda’ view not using the Ignore feature as a courtesy, even to those more eccentric posters I don’t really like. So how about you?

Question:
Just how many members do you have in your Ignore list?

Choices:
Zero. Just what is this Ignore List of which you speak???
1-3. Me likes me edutainment, but I’m not letting a few dorks ruin it for me.
4-7. Damn trolls are ruining this place.
7-15. I Ignore at will. I have at it with the Ignore feature at every opportunity there is, to block the demon hordes from stealing my mindshare.
15+. What? There are ‘other’ members on SigForum???

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Although there are names on ignore, I read their posts anyway more often or not.

El Jefe does a great job keeping the riffraff out and the membership does the rest by being respectful of each other.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31440 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Nobody is on my ignore list because I don't use it. Even when somebody makes a post, even multiple times, that irks me, it would be a mistake to ignore them altogether. Only rarely does anybody have nothing worthwhile to say. Really obnoxious ones (for example, the multiple incarnations of IndyFFL) have a way of getting weeded out, so they don't last long. I also don't believe it works when somebody else quotes something the ignored person posts.

Posts: 27952 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Over the years maybe 1 or 2 but now zero. Guys who who are obnoxious enough to offend me on the internet are usually so offensive that they end up getting banned by the boss anyway. Problem solved!

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Zero.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
No one,I read most ,some times I will not open a post if it does not peak my interest.
There was one member I detested and jacked him sometimes.
Lobersterman I still think you are a damn idiot.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Zero...I don’t use it...however I often think of ignoring myself sometimes after I have made some asinine comment Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Zero. I think we should allow the Para and the other mods to do their jobs (which they do exceedingly well here). Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on particular matters and it's not a bad idea to try and learn how oppositions thinks.

Really though, these things seem to sort themselves out. Idiot posters will typically be called out and either back down or go out guns ablazin'!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the communists on my ignore list.

I hear enough of their crap at work in person, I don't need to read about it in my favorite gun forum.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I use my phone to visit the forum. Some members have a lengthy signature line that makes all the other posts in the thread too small to read. Those guys get put on ignore.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
One. I just removed him though. Due for a second chance. He'd shown a real mean streak toward fellow members. Nearly hateful. If he pops up again like that, I'll know I was right to do so in the first place. People can change. It's been a while. We'll see...

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
None. Everyone has something to contribute. Even the commies, idiots,trolls & assholes.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
zero.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I have none on the list.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Only one: H&K-Guy

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
None. "Know your enemy." Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
None, never used it.

Hate to miss out on the meltdowns and eventual bans when Para enters the fray Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Only 1, and I always read the post anyway UNLESS it is in a thread about one particular subject, then I don’t.

But usually I just stay out of those threads these days. They always grt taken in a certain direction by somebody or another and I don’t need the aggravation anymore.

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
Only one: H&K-Guy
Damn! You beat me to it. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30664 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I learn and benefit from just about everyone on this forum, even those that eventually get booted. Just because I find someone obnoxious doesn't meant their wrong. I just gotta choke back and think about it sometimes.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post