SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New F250/350 and stowing a rifle in a CC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New F250/350 and stowing a rifle in a CC Login/Join 
posted
I recently got rid of my horrible 2006 6.0 F350 CC and got a 2018 CC. I really like it and Ford did some nice stuff. But I need to have the rear seats up generally. On the old one my rifle fit aft of the seats which folded down. No longer possible. Does anyone have a workable suggestion on where they put one?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Take a look at this, it may be similar on your truck for getting the rear seat down. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=...Ib8&feature=youtu.be

My 16 F250 has seats that are probably similar to your old truck.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I can definitely fold the back seats down on my '16 F150 SCrew. The passenger side has a release for access to the back & tire wrench.
The drivers seat, is a bit more difficult. Have to reach behind for it. There's a few solutions to make it simpler from DIY to aftermarket.

Also, something like a lockable tuffy box that fits under the seat could work.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
As posted in the YouTube video above, Builtright makes a release for the driver's side rea setback. I've got one on my 2015 F-150.

https://www.builtrightind.com/...50-rear-seat-release

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the metal lock boxes that go under the rear seats myself. More secure storage than just tossing it behind the seat.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Obviously too late now, but that is the main reason I have been looking at Dodge Mega Cabs. The mega cab is a crew cab, plus an additional 6" - 8" of room behind the rear seat. Unfortunately, only available on 3/4 ton starting in 2009 model year.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Ram Mega Cabs started in 2005 or 2006.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post