SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's your impression of this "death threat"?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your impression of this "death threat"? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
My impression is that this was not written by some whose first language is English. It's not the broken syntax. It's the flowery language- "Death is waiting for you". People from the Middle East use language like this.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/loca...cal-mosque/499855600

Looks to me like another hoax.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Hoax...Like all the others.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He went to the trouble of using lined paper but couldn't write on the lines?

Death is waiting for this guy if he ever runs into his 2nd Grade Teacher.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9153 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Someone in the mosques stirring the pot?

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
My guess would be hoax as well. Hard to take it too seriously.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Because it looks like it was written/drawn by an 8 year old?

Or someone with a 3rd grade education maybe?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Its meh as a death threat. I take a few of these reports, never had one actually play out. THe writing is poor, the plot unspecific, and the picture lame. If I was going to do something my picture would have been better and the threat would be far more descriptive and use a few words for a thesaurus. The person took more time putting the letter in an envelope than they did making the threat.

one of the ten stars, and two thumbs down is my impression.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Or someone who's read too many comic books?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you know you cannot imitate the syntax of someone whose first language is English, you won't even try, and that's what I see in that note.

This is not a note written by somone who knows they have only this one chance to convey their threats. This is a note written by someone on the spur of the moment, no planning, no calculation, no measurement of the words being used in the threat.

Hoax

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
Someone in the mosques stirring the pot?

In the letter it said ". . .MUZLIMS MEXICANS BLACKS WE WILL HUNTED NATION WIDE UNTIL ARE ARE DEAD OR GONE. . .PLAN TO RUN OR DIE, THIS IS A KINDNESS THAT WE GIVE YOU ALL WARNING, TAKE IT AND GO."

The "author" made the mistake of using a comma correctly after 'die', but does not use them to separate "MUZLIMS MEXICANS BLACKS"?

Also, anyone who would spell Muslims with a "z", would spell Mexicans incorrectly. To add...anyone who would write this and mean it, would not use the word "blacks". They would use a much more offense word.

In the picture the writing on the knife says "Muslim Slayer". Muslim is spelled correctly this time around.

Based only on what's presented in this article, I have no doubt it is either dumb ass kids trying to be funny, or more likely someone from CAIR, the mosque, and or a dumb ass SJW trying to stir up shit.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12322 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
...THIS IS A KINDNESS THAT WE GIVE YOU ALL WARNING...

Another tell.

It's like the Nigerian email scams.

If you fall for it, you earned it.

Who talks like that? The guys from the ME culture.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, we American right-wing radicals do not speak that way.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
And it depicts a beheading. Hmm, who does that kind of thing?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I would've been scared if it had said "death awaits you all with nasty big pointy teeth!"

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
It seems that about 99% of these hate crimes and threats turn out to be hoaxes. Wouldn't be surprised if this one turned out to be one as well. Don't know too many right wingers, rednecks or skinheads that talk like that.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
When you know your ESL teacher failed.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
He went to the trouble of using lined paper but couldn't write on the lines?

Death is waiting for this guy if he ever runs into his 2nd Grade Teacher.

Especially if his teacher was Sister Mary Elephant!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15220 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Probably written by CAIR.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
And it depicts a beheading. Hmm, who does that kind of thing?

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
quote:
...THIS IS A KINDNESS THAT WE GIVE YOU ALL WARNING...

Another tell.

It's like the Nigerian email scams.

If you fall for it, you earned it.

Who talks like that? The guys from the ME culture.

I think these two posts nail it.

Also, this was suppose to have occurred in Atlanta, GA? "Death is waiting for you and your kind." If it was genuine, it would have said, "Death is waiting for all y'all."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoax

That is what happens when you're only allowed to read one book your entire life.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post