SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Laugh At The Democrats As They Die On Amnesty Hill
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laugh At The Democrats As They Die On Amnesty Hill Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Townhall.com
Kurt Schlichting
January 25, 2018

Well, that whole government shutdown thing didn't work out real well for the genius Democrats, did it? Nothing seems to be working out for them lately. The stock market is going gangbusters. The House GOP are becoming gangbusters – and the gang that is about to be busted is the coterie of evidence deleting Obama cronies who so brazenly politicized the government to help their political puppetmasters that even Zombie Richard Nixon is appalled. ISIS is dead - rest in pieces, you Seventh Century pederast cowards. And thanks to tax reform, everyone else is dead too, but is also getting more money in their paychecks.

There's finally optimism and hope out there again. The #Winning USA - the one no one under 40 has experienced in his/her/xer adult life - is back in black and on the attack. It's everything we normal Americans love, and it’s everything the Democrats hate.

So, thought the Democrats, how do we turn these terrible trends around and get back to malaise, where we liberals can really shine?

Just a couple weeks ago, the Dems were giddy about how they were totally going to ride a tsunami into the midterms and take back the House and maybe even the Senate. The ballot preference numbers for the GOP were uglier than an unshaven Womyn’s Studies professor in a V-hat.

But then America’s success intervened.

See, that's the problem when you're invested in America’s failure. When America succeeds, you fail. And America has not yet been sufficiently fundamentally transformed onto one of those Third World Schumerholes that it defaults to failure.

So, up until their inevitable humiliating capitulation, the Dems were stuck swimming upstream against the current of prosperity – they are the tactically incompetent salmon of American politics – when they had a brainstorm. Even as they valiantly raged against Trump’s success, they managed to find a way to fail even more hilariously. They decided that this was just the right time to shut down the government because the GOP refused to give amnesty millions of foreigners/potential new Democrat voters.

Good plan.

It sure worked out great.

For Normal Americans

Sure, window-licking scold Nancy Pelosi thought it was a great idea – blue America has some very diffrent ideas of what’s a good idea than Normal America. But Chuck Schumer – who is a lot of things, nd none of them are “dumb” – clearly saw this was a disaster in the making. But he had no good choices. He could rev-up his Zero for the shutdown kamikaze suicide mission, or strap on the dynamite vest and blow up his causus by surrendering on what his base demanded. Both would end badly.

Wait, are we not allowed to make shutdown/terrorist analogies anymore since the Dems were doing the shut- downing? Oh well, I missed that memo.

I keep telling the libs that they are going to hate the new rules.

So, the Democrat Party, faced with the existential threat of American prosperity and a successful Trump administration, decided to go with the dumbest possible strategy. Let’s review:

·The economy is cooking and people are becoming aware of how much tax reform is going to help them if they aren’t lawyers living in blue states.

·Bradley Manning has just announced he’s going to be running for Senate in Maryland as a Democrat and a girl, making the Democrat’s TRUMP TREASON IMPEACH! platform super awkward.

·The midterm numbers have changed – they are still not great for the GOP, but the pinko advantage has been cut in half in a matter of weeks.

And with this background, the Dems decided that what they needed to do right now, this minute, is fight to the death on Amnesty Hill.

With their sorta-Republican co-conspirators Sailor Suit Lindsey Graham and Jeff “18% Approval” Flake, they insisted that the GOP alienate its own base in order to swell the Democrats’ base. No wall, no E-Verify, and no end to chain migration (which is now a racist term because of course now it is a racist term). Plus the people who broke our laws would get to be citizens since citizenship is the appropriate reward for breaking our laws when you’re liberal and when doing so will replace the electorate that detests you.

But they were mightily miffed whenTrump refused to take the worst deal since Burt Reynolds convinced Ned Beatty to trade places with him in Jon Voight’s canoe.

Then when the liberals actually shut down the government, despite some attempts at compromise by the GOP, they were stunned when their media pals went off narrative and pointed out that the reason the government shutdown was precisely what the Democrats were telling their base was the reason for the government shutdown – that the Dems refused to rustle up sufficient votes to hit 60 unless they got their amnesty.

GOP Briar Patch Status: Thrown in.

The GOP had hours of footage of Democrats bemoaning how zillions were going to die of Shutdown Ebola from back when the GOP last closed the government down over stuff unrelated to the budget. In fact, the most powerful and memorable arguments against the shutdown came from archived video of Dem senators bleating about OH THE HUMANITY! in 2013.

Plus Trump demonstrated the true potnetial and power of Twitter by bypassing any potential media gatekeepers and asking the simplest, most devastating question imaginable – Why were the Democrats shafting our military and Americans in need in order to score some votes from a bunch of illegal aliens?

Why indeed? Schumer knew this inevitable message was a disaster going in even if Pelosi didn’t – gosh, everyone she knew back in ‘Frisco was onboard! The framing was obvious to anyone not drunk on the leftist purple drank of the Democrat base.

Almost in spite of itself, the Republicans have a winning issue here, assuming they don’t revert to form and let the Squish Caucus weasel them into squandering it. Next November, the GOP is going to carpet bomb the Dems with ads asking voters to choose either the party that doubled their 401(k) or the party that wants to raise their taxes and that closes down the government to extort citizenship for illegal aliens.

Ouch.

If you are a red state Democrat senator up in 2018, you gotta be sweating. And if your name is Manchin or Heidekamp, you gotta be looking at your cell phone and thinking about giving Mitch McConnell a call about transitioning to GOP. Identifying as a Republican sure beats figuratively dying on Amnesty Hill.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Kurt is quite the wordsmith. Not quite on the level of Faulkner or Hemingway, but his prose has a good beat and you can dance to it. Big Grin

Just wish he could have inserted a "Felonia von Pantsuit" reference.

Posts: 2939 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
But they were mightily miffed whenTrump refused to take the worst deal since Burt Reynolds convinced Ned Beatty to trade places with him in Jon Voight’s canoe.

Big Grin

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Next November, the GOP is going to carpet bomb the Dems with ads asking voters to choose either the party that doubled their 401(k) or the party that wants to raise their taxes and that closes down the government to extort citizenship for illegal aliens.

Yup, pretty simple if you ask me!
Dem shit don't mean shit.

Posts: 5763 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What the hell?

Trump offers amnesty.......

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20828 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Yet the media has not yet figured it out....

Americans are loving the economic gains

Kinda liked the larger chunk in my pay check now that the new tax laws are applied

Oprah isn't going to be President

The Hillary machine is unraveling

Yet.... they still don't get it and are pushing the same BS from a year ago.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37977 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What the hell?

In exchange for the wall - which is the one thing Dems just can't seem to stomach - as part of a $25 billion package. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this just yet.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yup, DACA was his bargaining chip for the wall all along. Get the wall first, then we can start to sort out who's here that shouldn't be. And from all the panicky news here in Libtard Land, ICE and USBP are already spooled up and rockin' along at what they should have been allowed to do for the last thirty years.

Posts: 17157 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
What the hell?

In exchange for the wall - which is the one thing Dems just can't seem to stomach - as part of a $25 billion package. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this just yet.

I want a fully funded wall if we are making that deal. Maybe some fidy cals on turrets every 200 yards just for shits and grins too. I also want merit based immigration. And make it illegaler to hire illegals, with e-verify and compliance enforcement. How did it go from 700,000 to 1.8 million?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20828 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
Kurt is quite the wordsmith. Not quite on the level of Faulkner or Hemingway, but his prose has a good beat and you can dance to it. Big Grin

Just wish he could have inserted a "Felonia von Pantsuit" reference.
Wish I could write like that.. Big Grin. By golly.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe some fidy cals on turrets every 200 yards just for shits and grins too.

Connected robotically to motion sensing cameras. Any that moves gets wasted. Add in a 200 meter wide minefield along the entire length and we'd be good.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Damn. Another good one from Kurt.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7657 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skins2881:
What the hell?
I want a fully funded wall if we are making that deal. Maybe some fidy cals on turrets every 200 yards just for shits and grins too. I also want merit based immigration. And make it illegaler to hire illegals, with e-verify and compliance enforcement. How did it go from 700,000 to 1.8 million?

The Washington Post, believe it or not, explained why the 1986 Immigration Reform Act failed:

"Why were the employer restrictions so ineffective? During the debate in Congress, the bill's sponsors ended up watering down the sanctions on employers to attract support from the business community, explains Wayne Cornelius of the Center for Comparative Immigration Studies at U.C. San Diego. "The end result was that they essentially gutted the employer sanctions," he says.

Under the final law, all employers had to do to avoid sanctions was to make sure their workers had paperwork that "reasonably appears on its face to be genuine." If the documents were decent fakes, that wasn't the boss's problem. In fact, employers were actually penalized if they scrutinized a worker's nationality too aggressively.

What's more, industries such as agriculture, construction and landscaping often skirted the paperwork rules by relying on contractors and subcontractors. That made it easier for companies to maintain plausible deniability. In California, up to 80 percent of seasonal harvesting is done through contractors — and unauthorized immigrants are thought to make up a massive portion of the workforce."

Then the illegals left after the amnesty:

"How many immigrants took advantage of amnesty? The law awarded green cards to about 2.7 million immigrants, all told — including about 1 million farm workers. It was the largest legalization program in U.S. history.

But, importantly, that still left at least 2 million unauthorized immigrants untouched. Many of those people didn't qualify for legal status under the law because they had arrived in the United States after 1982. Others simply didn't know about the amnesty, in part because outreach and publicity was often patchy in many communities.

And there was no real plan for this large pool of remaining immigrants. "Everyone assumed they would just leave, that the new employer restrictions would push them out," says Doris Meissner of the Migration Policy Institute. As it turns out, that didn't happen."

Then there was border security:

"Why were the border restrictions ineffective? Poor funding, for one. Congress didn't provide enough money to ramp up Border Patrol hiring until the mid 1990s

As a a result, a New York Times article from 1989 found that illegal border crossings actually appeared to be increasing in the early years after the law had passed:

And when Congress finally did start funding border security, there were some unintended consequences. As Princeton sociologist Douglas Massey has explained (pdf), the beefed-up Border Patrol ended up driving immigrants away from their traditional crossing spots near El Paso and San Diego. Unauthorized immigrants began moving to all parts of the country, rather than staying concentrated in California, Texas and Illinois. (Another effect: The number of border-crossing deaths rose dramatically.)"
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.3341ecad7df8

Notice why the 1986 act failed. There was no plan to deal with companies that tried to evade the law. Lobbiests gutted it. Congress never allocated money for security. Last, there was no action taken to deport illegals.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I wonder if contractors are equal to todays temporary job services? I have seen temp services filling hundreds of positions with people from South America. Some I have seen could not even show ID. The companies here in northern Kentucky are filled with these people. I cant quite grasp this when I also see Americans on the streets who dont have employment. What is wrong with my Country ?

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I wonder if contractors are equal to todays temporary job services? I have seen temp services filling hundreds of positions with people from South America. Some I have seen could not even show ID. The companies here in northern Kentucky are filled with these people. I cant quite grasp this when I also see Americans on the streets who dont have employment. What is wrong with my Country ?

You want to stop illegal immigration? This is how.

Zero benefits without citizenship and prosecute severely employers who hire them.

Problem solved.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Zero benefits without citizenship and prosecute severely employers who hire them.

Problem solved.

This is the "virtual" wall. We don't need a real wall.

Damn the OP article was well written and funny.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Not gonna believe they're dead until they've stopped twitching. You sure can't tell by the smell.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Problem solved.

Therein lies the problem. It's way too easy to be an illegal alien in this country. If we made it impossible to find work and didn't give handouts to non-citizens the problem would solve itself. Problem is we are addicted to cheap labor so no matter what we will never have enforcement on a large scale of labor and immigration laws.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Another form of lib hypocrisy is that they probably think that E-Verify for employment not Constitutional and an affront to liberty, but consider all firearm sales requiring a background check to be "reasonable" My tolerance for leftys and lefty thought has degraded in the last few months.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Therein lies the problem. It's way too easy to be an illegal alien in this country. If we made it impossible to find work and didn't give handouts to non-citizens the problem would solve itself. Problem is we are addicted to cheap labor so no matter what we will never have enforcement on a large scale of labor and immigration laws.

If we stopped the handouts altogether the problem would solve itself. The reason we have to import cheap labor is because far too many folks would rather sit on their ass and cash them government handout. If the choice was work or starve we’d have plenty of domestic labor.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post