SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pole winner Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti robbed at gunpoint in Taco Bell drive-thru
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pole winner Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti robbed at gunpoint in Taco Bell drive-thru Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
Happens every day but not with players at this level. Out for well earned celebration, late night snack time.
HERE

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
It just shows, nothing good happens out on the street after 10 PM.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:

In the Army they taught me the 'magic hour' was midnight!

Have we moved the time to 10pm now?? Nobody told me! Big Grin

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Not a great area but glad nothing worse happened.
Sounds like a couple of young teenage punks. Sounds like they caught them shortly after.
They should have ordered a pizza.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
You win the pole for the Indy 500 and you go to Taco Bell to celebrate?!?!?!?!?!

What do the guys who start at the back of the field eat? Two-week old 7-11 burritos?

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do the guys who start at the back of the field eat? Two-week old 7-11 burritos?

Gas station nachos...

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
You win the pole for the Indy 500 and you go to Taco Bell to celebrate?!?!?!?!?!

The story is that he promised to buy the crew dinner if they won the pole. They ended up having to stay around so late with all the celebrations that nothing was open so they hit the drive through instead.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:

It's Indy! Spend some time in Indy during May you'll come to know it's the thing to do. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That isn't exactly the best part of Indy...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
We lived in Speedway for a year while I was completing my fellowship. We were in a nicer community but it still wasn't ideal. The track sits a few blocks from a pretty rough area. I was returning home one evening and the wife was visiting family so I decided to try Popeyes chicken. Rather than eat alone at home I went in to eat. It's like the music almost stopped when I walked in. No trouble but definitely a little uncomfortable. Popeyes and Taco Bell were in close proximity to one another.
I just wonder if they were driving their provided car. Last year I was there they had convertible camaros with Indy badging.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:

In the Army they taught me the 'magic hour' was midnight!

Have we moved the time to 10pm now?? Nobody told me! Big Grin

-----------------------------------

10 is what I used to tell my kids Wink

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post