SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    GM's Active Fuel Management and Engine Tuning
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GM's Active Fuel Management and Engine Tuning Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had it turned off using a Black Bear tune on my 2011 Silverado. That also made it require premium gas or E85 (which was readily available in Michigan). Truck was a beast with that tune. The AFM was annoying and worse is the terrible, laggy throttle and sloppy shifts that GM allowed. The tune fixed all that. When I went to trade it (the first time it was flashed back to stock), it seemed like something was broken.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sold my '09 GMC Sierra and it had pretty bad oil consumption from the AFM. At least that's the only factor I could attribute it to.

I was using about 1 quart every 2000 miles or so. I looked into an ODB2 module that turned off the AFM, and could be removed when taken to the dealer with no record of the change apparent. I never pursued it as the truck was already at 150k miles.

My brother had sent me a link to it. I'll see if I still have it.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this is it.

https://rangetechnology.com/

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post