SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No more new threads on coranavirus
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No more new threads on coranavirus Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Q has it right. Time to break out the Mace and bear repellent! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Months ago is some thread I typed out a word describing a white powdery substance that Pablo Escobar made a lot of money selling.
That word caused my reply to go somewhere in limbo land.

Para needs a corona moderator. If a thread is started and anywhere in the subject or body it contains corona, it’s stuck in limbo waiting for approval.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do we really need an app for a behavior problem?

The problem is the new threads don't specifically mention it by name.

How is shoplifting- https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2500006864
Apple to deliver 1M face masks a week for health care officials- https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1160085864

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Corona is a big topic. I’m not sure that one thread is appropriate for all the different aspects of it, especially when THE thread got so bogged down with stats and members throwing mud pies at each other. It’s hard to discuss one particular sub topic when a thread is adding 50 pages a day. It’s like trying to discuss WW2 in one thread in real time. There would be multiple sub topics interleaving.

I agree that the corona thread diarrhea needed reigning in, but I won’t be triggered every time I see the word Corona outside of the anointed thread. Para knows what he’s doing, and he will create the right balance.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Corona is a big topic. I’m not sure that one thread is appropriate for all the different aspects of it, especially when THE thread got so bogged down with stats and members throwing mud pies at each other. It’s hard to discuss one particular sub topic when a thread is adding 50 pages a day.

Yeah, that thing's a dumpster fire, but at least it's a well-contained dumpster fire.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Zero. No more coronavirus threads in this forum. None.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
TTT

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just don't post a response in them.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
It angers, and maybe even sadden me, that this edict would even have to be issued...but thank you.

I see. Your point. But, if a new thread was started, sure you somehow forced to read it? If yes, then I understand the need for Mr Bellum's declaration.
Be well

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thread w/ 300 pages of quoted conjecture is more than enough for any forum.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Corona is a big topic. I’m not sure that one thread is appropriate for all the different aspects of it, especially when THE thread got so bogged down with stats and members throwing mud pies at each other. It’s hard to discuss one particular sub topic when a thread is adding 50 pages a day. It’s like trying to discuss WW2 in one thread in real time. There would be multiple sub topics interleaving.

I agree that the corona thread diarrhea needed reigning in, but I won’t be triggered every time I see the word Corona outside of the anointed thread. Para knows what he’s doing, and he will create the right balance.

Agreed, the one main thread can get rolling in one direction and anyone stepping in just gets bowled over...

Inevitable that other threads will pop up for many reasons, some that folks just don't want to get into the well described mud pie tossing contest...

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Agreed, the one main thread can get rolling in one direction and anyone stepping in just gets bowled over...

Inevitable that other threads will pop up for many reasons, some that folks just don't want to get into the well described mud pie tossing contest...

here you go :
https://www.google.com/search?...4vCU0Q4dUDCAs&uact=5

Let it bleed

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Ahem ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I wish my co-worker would stop talking about it:

-"the meat packing plants, 75% of the workers were tested positive"

-speaking to trades: "I drink enough Corona beer to not get the virus..."

No, he's not 15 years old, this guy is 60 Roll Eyes

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
The Japanese for the wuhan crud is:

Shingata corona virus

Our TV is on almost all day long. It used to be TV Japan channel, but they had to suspend operations and so we're stuck with their replacement, NHK World Premium.

It's almost all news, all the time.

Every story seems to be about this or related to it.

That effin phrase is repeated hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times a day.

It's torture.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Btt

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shingata corona virus

Ah..."new form" corona virus.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16354 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Bump.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
bumping this again because people apparently can’t remember.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post