SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are you doing to make the Red Wave happen in November?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you doing to make the Red Wave happen in November? Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
Glenn Reynold (Instapundit) has good advice for those conservatives worried about the midterms:
--Donate and work for a local election.

I've donated money and signed up to walk precincts and make calls for Diane Harkey, GOP candidate for CA-49 (Darrell Issa's seat). Our local district is going Dem as always, but 49 is a tossup, and Harkey a decent candidate.

I have donated to Ted Cruz (before the polls showed him up 9%).

I am thinking about donating to Martha McSally's campaign. RealClearPolitics calls the race a toss-up, with Sinema ahead by 1.5%. Sinema would be a disaster for Arizona and the Senate, led anti-war protests in 2003 depicting US soldiers as terrorists.

How about you? Where are you putting your money and time to give President Trump the Red Wave he needs to carry out his agenda?

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm going to vote.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I along with my wife are going to vote.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2570 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
While pointless in commie WA state, I will still vote.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

VA was a nice shade of Red when I moved here. Now it is also becoming firmly blue. Yet still, I will vote. Early and often. It's the Chicago way.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same here, though it will hopefully be my last in this state.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same here and will donate again before November. Will donate to NRA ILA again before November.

When conversing with acquaintances that I know voted for President Trump I remind them a lot that they need to vote this November and why including that the democrats want to take power so they can impeach him.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's discouraging sometimes, living in this lib state. I vote every election, hoping common sense will prevail at least occasionally. Ha! Fat chance.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I can't understand not voting. Anywhere, anytime.

Of course, I tell my fellow employees, repubs vote on the 6th, Dems, on the 7th.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I've given to the NRA's PVF. I doubt I'll ever give directly to another campaign after my experience in 2010 of donating to a handful of US Senate campaigns in close races.

On FB, I'm exposing the hypocrisy of that POS Beto O'rourke in his senate campaign against Ted Cruz.

Every time Beto O'rourke's campaign texts me, I respond in a manner so a real person has to respond then I try to get them to #WalkAway.

I'm going to vote.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I’ve slipped a few bucks to Sen. Cruz, and will be getting an early ballot just to be on the safe side.

If I wake up dead before election day, I don’t want the God Damned Commies slipping in an absentee ballot on me.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
quote:

It's discouraging sometimes, living in this lib state. I vote every election, hoping common sense will prevail at least occasionally. Ha! Fat chance.

It's definitely discouraging regarding the Senate races for sure but I live in the red part of the state and we continue to vote in Republican congressman/women. This time around Cathy McMorris Rogers is in a tough fight against a commie so I'm doing what I can to help with the battle.

I vote in all elections so that I've earned the right to bitch if nothing else.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are you doing to make the Red Wave happen in November?

Vote.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Donated money, posting signs in my yard and will vote straight down the line "R"... won't even look at the names.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:

Same here and will donate again before November. Will donate to NRA ILA again before November.

Not to tell you what to do with your money, but ... the NRA-ILA is the lobbying wing of the NRA (Institute for Legislative Action). If you want to contribute to their election efforts, you should donate to the NRA-PVF (Political Victory Fund). That's the branch that runs political ads and contributes to candidate's campaigns.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I’ve slipped a few bucks to Sen. Cruz, and will be getting an early ballot just to be on the safe side.

If I wake up dead before election day, I don’t want the God Damned Commies slipping in an absentee ballot on me.

Attaboy!

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:

Not to tell you what to do with your money, but ... the NRA-ILA is the lobbying wing of the NRA (Institute for Legislative Action). If you want to contribute to their election efforts, you should donate to the NRA-PVF (Political Victory Fund). That's the branch that runs political ads and contributes to candidate's campaigns.

Thanks for that!

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Sir, you win SF today. A funny and serious post at once.

I will mail $50 to Ted, $50 to the TX Repubs, $50 to the RNC. And join Judicial Watch. The GDCs have pissed me off to the max.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Voting, and reminding people to vote is key.

That said, the other side is awash in cash, if also awash with their usual bad ideas/candidates, and has the media giving them free favorable publicity 24x7.

So next month I will chip in to a few campaigns in races that are tight in the home stretch. Probably also to the NRA orgs suggested above as well. The Judicial Watch idea is a good one also.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gonna vote early, push the "R" button, come home and have a beer and wait for more winning.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post