SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What magazines do you subscribe to or regularly read/buy?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What magazines do you subscribe to or regularly read/buy? Login/Join 
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
American Rifleman
Backwoods Home
Mother Earth News

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
American Rifleman, Muzzle Blasts, both come with memberships; Primitive Archer; and Missouri Conservationist.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to the obligatory American Rifelman, the only gun mag I read is Hanloader.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Janes defense weekly
The Economist

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chesapeake Bay Magazine
Soundings
Virginia Business

I buy an occasional copy of Wooden Boat.

I like pictures of pretty boats!

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I don't subscribe to anything anymore but I do pick up a copy of the Economist when I fly. Great source of international info and good for at least 3 hours reading.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
American Rifleman & Consumer Reports.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Garden & Gun
American Rifleman with my Life membership.

Same here, wife and I both read G&G, easy read, interesting reviews of places all over the south and good recipes

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
American Rifleman, National Geographic, The Week, TV Guide, Cooks Illustrated, Guideposts, Consumer Reports.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Used to subscribe to a lot of magazines. None now.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have subscriptions to: BMW Owners News, BMW Motorcycle Magazine, American Rifleman, Car & Driver, Road & Track, 8-Lug, Blade, Knives, Cycle World and Motorcyclist.

I usually end up buying Recoil, Concealed Carry Handguns and any of the AR-15 issues that have rifles that attract my attention.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Ah, a magazine question where the answer isn't Mec-Gar. Cool. Smile

I think IFR is the only non-membership magazine I get. America's 1st Freedom, American Rifleman, and American Hunter all come through lifetime memberships (we're all lifetime members). AOPA Magazine, Water Flying, Sport Aviation, and Sport Aerobatics come through various aviation related memberships. Ag Alert comes through Farm Bureau membership. Westways comes through AAA membership (and never gets read. Haven't used the roadside service since I was a kid driving whatever junk I could afford. I'd drop it if it weren't for that SOB Murphy...). Don't manage to get through all of them. Too much to do to read full time, and SF is more interesting than most of them anyway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slosig,

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nada

That's right, Nada, the magazine about nothing at all. On newstands now!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get American Rifleman, my wife gets American Freedom-but we rarely "read" them.

While they are so much better than the sorry stuff they put out in the late 80s and the 90s, they still are pretty weak.

We'll glance through them to see if anything catches our attention, then toss 'em.

That's sad, to me, as I remember the Rifleman of the late 50s and early 60s. Great content, great writers. I really looked forward to Rifleman's arrival every month.

Actually, most all the gun mags were quality mags during those years.

We also get Guns and American Handgunner, though I am on the fence about resubscribing to them.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
American Rifleman, came with Life membership
The Blue Press, comes because I order stuff now & then;

these,
and Beer Advocate,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smithsonian
Tennessee Conservationist
American Rifleman

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Art of the West and American Association of Individual Investors. I subscribed to The New Yorker and Harper's for decades for the quality of the writing. About three years ago I tumbled to the fact that they hadn't written a non-fiction article that appealed to me in years and the fiction had taken the hard left turn to the point that every story had one or more features of American life that I find repugnant.

They missed me for about a year, or at least their renewal computer did. We're done now.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
And another journal for an organization I belong to.

So what's AARP's magazine called?

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Several of my professional memberships include magazine subscriptions. The only one I read is the Alaska Business Journal. The aviation stuff I give to an old-time mechanic who lives mostly off-grid and loves them. The gun related NRA crap gets tossed into the trash. The veteran organization ones get donated to the local vet center I help support.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post