SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What magazines do you subscribe to or regularly read/buy?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What magazines do you subscribe to or regularly read/buy? Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted
No, not that kind of magazine Razz --- the type made out of paper, you know, that you read.

20 years ago, I had TV Guide, Popular Mechanics, Popular Science, American Rifleman, National Geographic, Solider of Fortune, National Review, a Travel magazine, Guns and Ammo, 3 amateur radio magazines, and EDN an engineering journal. I also subscribed to 2 newspapers: The Wall Street Journal and our local paper which is out of print now.

Now I'm down to just American Rifleman, and one of the amateur radio magazines. And I can't say I really sit and read either one of these. It's just that they come with membership in their respective organizations. Although getting them is optional I still choose to.

My mailman has a much lighter load than 20 years ago.

How about you guys?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10900 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
American Rifleman, Lake Erie Living, Recoil.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I only get American RiflemanI subscribed to Guns and Ammo for years, but let it drop about 5 years ago.

Posts: 2224 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Money
Kiplinger's
Men's Journal
American HandGunner
Hand Guns
American Rifleman (NRA)
Shooting Illustrated (NRA)
Wired
Smithsonian
Car & Driver

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I get a car magazine, started a few months ago. Car and Driver I think.
I Didn't order it and I don't pay for it that I know of.
Could have gotten scammed I guess. But I would rather think maybe it was an anonymous Karma! IDK.
I should probably look into it...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Analog. Science Fiction and a few fact articles. I'm WAAAAAAAAAAAAY behind in my reading, got three double issues stacked on the shelf waiting to be read.

Been taking Analog since 1972.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I get a few hunting and fishing magazines and Four Wheeler magazine. I can't remember the names of all the hunting magazines I get. It's enough that my wife fusses about them piling up on the end table.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to buy these every month/or every other month:

Now that they have become so expensive I try to hit the used book stores or get them from the library.

Military History
International Affairs
World War 2
Vietnam
Military Heritage
Archaeology
Muscle and Fitness
SWAT
Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement
Modern Warfare
Runners World
Law Enforcement Technology

Growing up---> Soldier of Fortune. Very rarely missed an issue.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
American Rifleman, Guns&Ammo, TSRA Sportsman

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
The only print magazines that come to the house...

American Rifleman
The Blue Press
The Lutheran Witness
Tennessee Home And Farm

These come because I am a member or make purchases...I do read them though...

I truthfully can't remember the last time I purchased any magazine.

I do visit the local library from time to time and read what interests me.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Currently Card & Driver and Sports Illustrated. But only because each (even SI) was purchased with some promotion @ $2 for the year.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I believe we still get Readers Digest. We get several Cat magazines. I still get boat and yacht magazines although I sold my yacht years ago and have not subscribed since.

I've been a life member of ARRL for nearly 50 years, so still receive QST.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
American Rifleman and once in a while I buy a copy of American Handgunner.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
None.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to get all the mags -- G&A, ST, American Handgunner, R&T, C&D, Competition Press and Autoweek, SOF, a couple bicycling mags, three or four motorcycle mags, two or three aviation mags...

American Rifleman is all that I see now. Tried Flying Magazine a couple years ago, and it was too boring. Same with Readers Digest.

At least I'm only a couple months behind, usually.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
American Rifleman
Nature
(science journal)
Military Officer
QST
(ham radio)

And another journal for an organization I belong to.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
My wife has a few, but I personally read and subscribe to Our State (NC magazine) and Garden and Gun. Love them both.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Just American Rifleman, which, like most of the others I used to buy, seems to have more pages of advertising than actual articles. Come to think of it, most of the articles are essentially ads for stuff, too.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
American Rifleman, the local bar rag, and a couple of archaeology magazines.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I don't subscribe to many, but read a good number at my local public library.

I've stopped reading some lately because they're just regurgitated.

I do like The Backwoodsman.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post