SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I made my own owb holster ** updated**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I made my own owb holster ** updated** Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Looks real nice, XLT. Particularly for a first attempt

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Great job!

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
You have talent.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cringed before opening this subject. Most first attempts at holster making are crude , despite a lot of effort. Your holster is NOT one of those...you did an excellent job ! I like the colors and wouldn't change a thing !! Smile

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Practice makes perfect , a few hundred more and I might get it all figured out. I could have just got in line and had one made by a professional for what I have wrapped up in them but there is no fun in that. Big Grin

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Excellent job!
Looks like we have a new SIGforum leather holster maker. So, when are you taking orders? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you enjoy doing it, keep up the great work. You can't have too many holster makers. Is there a good horse hide interior liner in any plans for the future ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Those look great!!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Wow, I wouldn't even know where to start a project like that. Well done sir.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet that others would be interested if the price was right to "help" keep your hobby going by having a holster made.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this.

I’ve got a ton of leather working tools and supplies but have not touched it since late last year.

I’ve never made a holster before, but now that I’m home all day and night I decided to order some better quality thread and needles than the stuff Tandy sells, so I just ordered Ritza Tiger thread and John James needles from Weaver Leather.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I believe there's enough SF business here to support another leather holster maker here and everyone will keep prospering.

Wishing you success.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post