SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I made my own owb holster ** updated**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I made my own owb holster ** updated** Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
First attempt at making a 43x owb holster, and I have to say it fits better then anything I have tried, I like how it hugs my side, nice and tight and it's canted a little bit.

I had one small piece of veg tanned leather along with the very basic tools. I dont have any way to put a finish on it as all the leather stores are closed, I'm starting to like the colors anyway so I might just leave it alone.

I have been watching some holster making videos after I did this one, kind of wished I watched before but it was fun. lots of room for improvement so I'm going to make another as soon as I can find some more leather.

The people who makes these for a living are true craftsman and make it look easy. watching some of these videos then going to their websites and checking out their prices they simply don't charge enough for all the work that goes into them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Nicely done.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
For your first attempt, you did a damn fine job. Nice work brother.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice job! Keep it up and we be sending some business your way.
How long did it take you to do this masterpiece?

Posts: 466 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
very nice work. I learned early on that it isnt as easy as it looks. People who make leather holsters earn their money!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Very nice job!

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very well done. Is there metal between the holster and the reinforcement leather at the top of the holster?

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Very nice, taking orders yet. Big Grin

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Nice job and congrats!!!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang dude, very nice job!

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

randyman it took about three hours from design to finished product, evening project. sewing was time consuming I need a sewing machine. Smile

BGULL There is not any reinforcement metal between the two, might do that next time thanks for the idea.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Impressive! Let us know if you go into the business. You will have plenty of work.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will need to see it in both ox blood and cordovan prior to sending you an order and cash , but the style and workmanship look very nice.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54630 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
That looks great!

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Wow. Nice job. If I thought I could do half as good as you did, I’d make one.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Very nice; I've made my own internal holsters for Velcro attachment to body armor before we switched to external carriers. They were functional but looked as pretty as a homemade shoe or a mud fence Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Excellent job! It looks great as well as functional. I like the ride height and cant.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I started doing my own a awhile ago as well. It's nice not needing to wait for holster moulds for new guns or odd combos. Do you have any neatsfoot oil in the garage? It'll darken everything and don't use more than a light coat.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post