SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Here's something for the folks afraid of heights....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's something for the folks afraid of heights.... Login/Join 
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Obviously a gun free zone.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The CN Tower has glass floor up very high. It's quite freaky. Somewhere I have a pic of my feet on one.

Now they offer THIS!

http://www.cntower.ca/en-ca/pl...gewalk-overview.html

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Nope, nope, nope.

If Jennifer Anniston was doing nude yoga out there, I'd pray for a telephoto lens and call it good...

If that happened my focus wouldn't be towards the ground, that I can assure you. Smile

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
If the structure failed, there'd be a lot of people spending eternity saying, "See?! I told you so!"

I was thinking the same thing while watching.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
similar structure built at the Grand Canyon years ago

better built, and less trauma

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't bother me a bit.

Now all those assholes dragging folks who are obviously scared to death bother me quite a lot.

I hope they get dragged into their worst fear someday.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ohh and I hope that dog bit the hell out of somebody and shits on their floor from this point forward.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
Someone try to drag me out on that would have a fight on their hands!

Yeah, whoever tried to drag me out there damn well better be able to fly.

I don't find that stuff funny at all. Some folks don't understand that those people are truly in terror and they are trying to pull them out anyway.

My father tried hauling me up a tall lookout tower when I was about six years old and I was terrified. I was able to lock my arms around the rail and he'd have had to break bones to get me to let go. He tried, and I remember it like it happened yesterday. You don't fuck with peoples' fears like that.

I can't believe anyone thinks that's funny. Those people are screaming in terror. Disgusting.

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
If the dog says: "NOPE!!!", who am I to argue?

Looked to me like the dog was saying "someone is about to get chewed on".

As for me, anyone trying to drag me out on that is either getting throat punched during their attempt, or the silent treatment for a very long time thereafter if successful.

Oddly enough, I don't mind a window seat when flying. Can't explain it. Confused

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Apparently at some point it cracked: https://www.bing.com/videos/se...B0DB907C77&FORM=VIRE

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
similar structure built at the Grand Canyon years ago

better built, and less trauma
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Canyon_Skywalk

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
Someone try to drag me out on that would have a fight on their hands!

Yeah, whoever tried to drag me out there damn well better be able to fly.

I don't find that stuff funny at all. Some folks don't understand that those people are truly in terror and they are trying to pull them out anyway.

My father tried hauling me up a tall lookout tower when I was about six years old and I was terrified. I was able to lock my arms around the rail and he'd have had to break bones to get me to let go. He tried, and I remember it like it happened yesterday. You don't fuck with peoples' fears like that.

I can't believe anyone thinks that's funny. Those people are screaming in terror. Disgusting.

I was thinking the same thing until it occurred to me: Maybe they were frozen in fear and their loved ones were trying to drag them back OFF the structure.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
The.glass is real clear. I can see someone someday taking out a piece of glass for repair and falling through the hole.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3864 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post