SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Here's something for the folks afraid of heights....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's something for the folks afraid of heights.... Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
Entertaining for everyone, really. You have to feel for some of these people! Looks like a cool place, aside from the fear factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...5qEP7JVJGYE&index=11

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
THat's some funny stuff.....except that I'm sure I wouldn't do much better. I hate heights.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If the dog says: "NOPE!!!", who am I to argue?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
They do not appreciate the gravity of their situation.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Some folks need to get new friends and family!

Yeesh that creeps me out just thinking about it!!

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
If the dog says: "NOPE!!!", who am I to argue?

I'm stealing that for my signature.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Nope, nope, nope.

If Jennifer Anniston was doing nude yoga out there, I'd pray for a telephoto lens and call it good...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Nope, nope, nope.

If Jennifer Anniston was doing nude yoga out there, I'd pray for a telephoto lens and call it good...

I saw a downward facing dog in the video at least.....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess they've heard about Chinese construction quality as well.

Posts: 143 | Location: San Diego, California | Registered: May 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Someone try to drag me out on that would have a fight on their hands!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess they've heard about Chinese construction quality as well.

That's where I'm at. If this was in the US, I'd have no problem walking out on it.

In China? Not so much.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Somewhere there's a Guy looking up skirts, I just couldn't find him...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, from a height perspective I wouldn't care that much. I would be concerned about the safety of the structure from a build quality standpoint.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
No thanks.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
PASS!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
Someone try to drag me out on that would have a fight on their hands!

Yeah, whoever tried to drag me out there damn well better be able to fly.

I don't find that stuff funny at all. Some folks don't understand that those people are truly in terror and they are trying to pull them out anyway.

My father tried hauling me up a tall lookout tower when I was about six years old and I was terrified. I was able to lock my arms around the rail and he'd have had to break bones to get me to let go. He tried, and I remember it like it happened yesterday. You don't fuck with peoples' fears like that.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
When I was very young 4 or 5 I remember my dad lifting me on his shoulders on the observation deck of the empire state building.

This was a long time ago when the barrier was only about 6' high.

To this day, when I am on my roof which is 23:12 cleaning my chimney, I always seem to remember that time.

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Fuck's sake, why don't they just water board those poor folks instead? They'd scream less.

Most people have some sort of major fear. To take obvious advantage of it is just plain mean.

On the other hand, hats off to those that braved it on their own. That takes sack whatever the circumstance.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
In the Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco, there's a bridge similar to that except it's only 6 stories up and made of perforated grating. If you look down while walking over it, it definitely gives you a bit of vertigo.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
If the structure failed, there'd be a lot of people spending eternity saying, "See?! I told you so!"

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post