SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bought some land in Greer, SC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought some land in Greer, SC Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I like Ga Gator's version better too!
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Greer was named for James Manning Greer, whose ancestry traces from Scotland, through Ireland. Many of his descendants still reside in the region. James Manning Greer was a descendant of John Greer, Sr. who surveyed his land in Laurens County in 1750. John and his family were already in Laurens County, prior to the Greer passengers who arrived aboard the ship The Falls in 1764. John Greer's family settled at Duncans Creek between that Creek and the Enoree River and close to Duncan's Creek Presbyterian Church. John, Sr.'s great grandson James Manning Greer settled his family near Greenville in an area that eventually became Greer's Station.

Cool story bro. Razz Big Grin Even though you speaketh the trooth, GA Gator is still plausible with "Gr-ocery n b-eer Greer ". I live at the top of the hill outside Columbia where Mr. Iredell and Mr. Moseley watered and coaled steam engines before Circle K slushied and hot-dog fed the rest of us. Iredell. Moseley. This here theme park without a theme (or a town center) is named Irmo.

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Fountain Inn.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Upstate. Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I've only been up there for the BMW driving school but it's definitely always a bit cooler than Columbia is!

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in Duncan/Moore. Welcome to the Upstate!

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
We definitely need to get a group together to go shooting.

The public range in Pickens is great, btw. Rifle, shotgun, pistol, and archery ranges. And free.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
We definitely need to get a group together to go shooting.

The public range in Pickens is great, btw. Rifle, shotgun, pistol, and archery ranges. And free.

We need to check the range in Pickens out. We like the Belfast range in Laurens County--it's also a SC DNR range. It's a little bit of a drive, but it's nice and I've never seen it crowded.

We've been to the Philson Crossroads range (also in Laurens County) twice and both times left because of unsafe behavior on the part of other shooters. It seems to attract an unsavory crowd.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Let me know. I'm up for shooting anytime.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
We just got back from Lake Keowee and decided to put a 12 month plan in place to sell our FL Keys home and buy a place on lake Keowee.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post