SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Android phone hotspot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Android phone hotspot Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted
Will a phone hotspot work like a router to link cpu(s) & printer?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I don't think it works that way on my Galaxy s7. If I recall from the few times I've used it, it only allows access to the mobile internet, and won't allow access between devices.

That also might be the security settings, as I always lock it down pretty tight (scary how many unsecured hotspots you can pick up form the parking lot of a strip mall!)

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
Will a phone hotspot work like a router to link cpu(s) & printer?
Depends on the hotspot software.

Those built into CyanogenMod et. al. certainly will work that way, I have used these myself. Those "Apps" available in the Play Store, I have my doubts.

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I've used my S6 as a hotspot for my tablet in the past. If that helps at all?

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
In a word...Nope.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post