SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Black Rifle Coffee varieties
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Rifle Coffee varieties Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
How would you describe the flavor of the varieties you have tried?

I grabbed a local bag of Gunship. I’ve been curious about the brand ever since they put a plant back home.

I’d say Gunship is fresh and smooth almost to the point of being too weak, even loading up the basket.

Zero bitterness. Minimal roasted flavor.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Following, been meaning to order some singles for the Keurig.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Offhand, not sure I've had "Gunship" but I've had "Silencer Smooth" which is similar, very good flavor but weaker. Those are their light roasts so what you are describing makes sense.

I like darker roasts anyway; try Just Black, Beyond Black, CAF, Murdered Out etc.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
An interesting (to me, anyway) trivial side note: lighter roasts have more caffeine than darker. I learned that in Hawaii at the Kauai Coffee Company. The longer a bean (cherry, actually) roasts the more caffeine is roasted out of it.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gunship is what my wife started on and it's definitely one of the lightest roasts they have.

Then she moved in to the limted edition combat fuel which was a medium roast. Once that got discontinued she went to CAF.

She tried Just Black but didn't like it. Too dark/strong for her.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife likes Silencer Smooth, which I've tried but I definitely prefer Murdered Out. Two cups a day, morning & evening.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I just tried a box each of their Kuerig cups. CAF and Just Black. One is a little stronger than the other but both medium. Compared to my go to, Caribou Blend, it is excellent with a little more bite

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Silencer Smooth. I enjoy breakfast blends and the such so.... it makes sense.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Been a Black Rifle Coffee drinker for quite some time now. Tried them all, settled on the Silencer Smooth, though I will drink whatever is in front of me. As to the weakness you speak of, I think it's just the absence of bitterness most have become accustomed to with coffee. BRCC does a good job sourcing their beans. The roasting operation I think is where they shine. Evan and his crew have it down to a science because from batch to batch, month to month, it's the same great taste. The quality shines through compared to others such as Starbucks, Folgers, Maxwell House and others. Only Lavazza and Maromas come close to the rich taste without the bitterness, but they are spendy compared to BRCC. I've been trying some of the Kirkland stuff lately trying to save a buck, but it falls a bit behind too. Takes more to make the same great tasting coffee, so the cost differential is negated. Will be trying the dark roast Major Dickinson's soon. SMELLS SO GOOD!

As for kick: This is the telling thing for me. Most folks that try my Black Rifle Coffee complain of a slight "buzz" after drinking it the first time. That's how coffee is supposed to be. That's the caffeine kicking in. Sometimes when someone isn't used to a good coffee with some kick, it gives them a headache for a few minutes while their body processes what's happening. My dad, a lifelong Folgers Instant coffee guy, squeals like a middle school girl when he drinks my coffee. He's not used to it. He likes the taste quite a bit, but he can't handle the rush after he drinks it. I told him to try it for a few days straight, but he won't pony up for the good stuff and has settled on forever drinking brown shitwater.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using the Just Black k-cups for about six months now. Very good coffee. And I’m a coffee snob (using a Keurig brewer because of my office situation).

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I started with Gunship and still drink that. I’m not a huge coffee aficionado so for me it works. If something is too dark I tend not to be a huge fan.

I did grab a bag of Silencer Smooth at a local 5.11 store one time. It gave me the worst heartburn; which makes no sense, but still.

I’m on the one-bag-a-month plan, which isn’t quite enough, but two would be too much. Luckily H-E-B house branded coffee is excellent and a great value. This fills in the gap when the BRCC gets low between shipments.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Murdered Out. Dark, strong.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite is their Blackbeard's Delight. Dark, roasty, without the excessive bitterness that I find in many heavy roasts.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I’m a decaf drinker and the BRCC Decaf is actually very good. Highly recommend it!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I wish there was a chart on the BRCC website that listed their coffee from light to dark, so I'd know where to start, as not knowing where to begin has prevented my from ordering. Sooo, a little help requested from those in the know...

I drink (almost exclusively) Peet's Major Dickason's Blend, and I'm somewhat generous with it when I'm setting up the coffee maker (11 well rounded scoops of coffee to 40 oz. of filtered water). Which Black Rifle Coffee blend would be the closest to my current roast?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I'm a member of their coffee club. I regularly drink beyond black and murdered out, but I also like Blackbeard's delight, thin blue line, freedom roast etc.. I really enjoyed the limited Flying Elk they just released...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
I wish there was a chart on the BRCC website that listed their coffee from light to dark, so I'd know where to start, as not knowing where to begin has prevented my from ordering. Sooo, a little help requested from those in the know...

I drink (almost exclusively) Peet's Major Dickason's Blend, and I'm somewhat generous with it when I'm setting up the coffee maker (11 well rounded scoops of coffee to 40 oz. of filtered water). Which Black Rifle Coffee blend would be the closest to my current roast?

Just click here and you can select from the roast chart on the top left.

I drink exclusively Silencer Smooth. I tried gunship and it was really smooth as well. We started out when they had "Sniper's Hide" but they eventually discontinued that brand. I think they should go back to naming their decaf "Inert."

I'm sipping SS right now. [Ahhhhh.....]

I also noticed the increased caffeine buzz when I first started drinking BRCC light roast. It took me a while to get used to it.

My wife can't do without it. We're going on a 2-week Disney trip over Thanksgiving and we're packing our own coffee on our trip. I've got a french press that I pack on camping and hunting trips.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Light roasts:
-Gunship
-Silencer Smooth

Medium Roasts:
-AK-47 Espresso Blend
-CAF
-Thin Blue Line
-Fit Fuel Blend
-Just Black
-Coffee Or Die
-Just Decaf
-Hazelnut Roast
-Vanilla Roast
-Freedom Roast

Dark Roasts:
-Beyond Black
-Blackbeard's Delight
-Freedom Fuel

Extra Dark Roasts:
-Murdered Out Roast

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Their 'Supply Drop' box has four of my favorites, AK, BB, JB, and SS. Kind of a light to dark roast sampling.

My favorite coffee, which BRCC doesn't offer, is Keurig's French Market 'Creole' with chicory. Love that stuff!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I've tried most and we settled on Just Black for the coffee club. It was a nice compromise for my wife and I, she likes lighter roasts and I like the darker.

I drink it just black with no added BS. Wink

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post