SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ford F350 fans updated with BedRug
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford F350 fans updated with BedRug Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I am guessing you must have a bigger garage somewhere??

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Sweet!!

Color me jealous! Smile

I hope that my F150 eats its vegetables and someday grows up to be a F350...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I am guessing you must have a bigger garage somewhere??
3 stall, one side has single 10 x 12 door and is 56 feet deep. I'm spoiled.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
2010 F250 6.4 here, my second Ford diesel. Yours is a beaut.

Definitely have a professional shop delete and tune it. You will thank yourself in 150k miles when you don't need to completely overhaul your motor.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend an aftermarket intercooler pipe (think that's what its called) coming off the turbo unit.

Mine blew out yesterday ('12 F250). I was able to limp it into the shop at about 10MPH, but it was a real PITA driving when you can't get it over about 1000RPM.

The folks in the shop told me that mine was the third one they've had to replace in as many weeks. Apparently its a fairly common defect in the 6.7s.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm still poking around in my '01 F250. It ain't quiet, nor does it smell good. ;-) I keep it clean and maintained; no plans to retire it.

I've got the same year truck. Bought it new in late 2000 and it only has about 90,000 miles on it. Love the 7.3 motor.

Great looking truck and your pup looks like a quality beast! I hope he enjoys riding "shotgun" on bird hunting trips in his fancy new ride! Cool

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I sure like the color

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
spray in bed coating.
my neighbor drives his pick up every 4-6 days ,
he got these and loves them
http://www.weathertech.com/techshade/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Nice truck.
Smile
I just picked up a new 350 super duty last night after regretting selling mine back in February.

Window tint, Weather Tech mats, spray bed-liner and mud flaps and window tint are about all I would do cosmetically.
Other more knowledgeable members have submitted their thoughts on ride improvement related items.

Best of luck.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Looks like we have the same color! I didn't get a choice when I bought mine, but the red has grown on me.

I have a '16 F250 platinum (diesel, 4x4, crew cab, long bed).

I've installed these:

Husky Liners (molded to fit)
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/pr...ilpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I love them. A lot.

RollBak retractable hard cover

I'm just coming up on 1 year since installation, and it's not going well. The latches broke right away. It doesn't like snow and ice. Basically....it's a large waste of money. I couldn't get the diamondHD cover guys to ship me one of their products, so I ended up with the RollBak (it still cost nearly $2K to purchase & ship). No warranty support.

Other than those things...it's just been tire purchases and a lightbar. The Randy Ellis Design lightbar mount is junk, rusted within 2 months of install. The Rigid Industries E2 LED Light Bar is awesome.

I've purchased and need to install these still:

Husky Liners Front Mud Guards
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/pr...ilpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The platinum step is getting trashed from being covered in dirt/grime/road gunk all the time. I've noticed that the chrome is corroding pretty quickly also. I should have yanked the step the day I got it home....I'm not a fan of this step. It's the one that looks like this:

I've also downloaded the software and bought an interface plug to "adjust" settings on the truck...but I haven't spent any time figuring it out yet. I really want to change the seatbelt chimes, other chimes, and change the setting that keeps my foglights on with the bright lights.

Congratulations on the new truck. I've got about 21K miles on mine now, and just passed 2 years since the purchase. I'm very, very happy.

Tires.... I've got 3 sets now. The stock ones, a winter studded, and a summer mud terrain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Definitely have a professional shop delete and tune it. You will thank yourself in 150k miles when you don't need to completely overhaul your motor.

This is getting closer and closer on my list of things to spend money on soon.

The hardest part I've found is finding a professional shop with a solid reputation. Every place willing to do it that I can find are staffed by unqualified/uncertified "mechanics" working in "performance" chop shops. They open and close around here every 6-18 months. Same guys working in them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
Been busy, but found time to put on the front set of mud flaps. Sorry the pics just didn't come out that well.

Supposed to get a Bedrug for it tomorrow. That'll e fun to install. Rear mud-flaps next time I get to drive by the parts store. I appreciate all the ideas and comments folks..Thanks!!

Anyone seen one of these installed, or better yet installed one? I'm really contemplating one, after a few paychecks, but not sure of the quaility and such

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Looks good! So that's how I can keep my nerf bars from getting caked with slush!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Very nice. I've always preferred a SRW in a 1 ton, unless you have a specific towing need, like a 5th wheel trailer.

quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
When not loaded, run 70 psi of air in the back tires instead of the 80 called for on the door sticker. Doing this smooths out the ride. I actually run 65, but sometimes it sets off the low pressure warning on the TPMS.

Don't know about Fords, but my 2010 Tacoma has a hidden button (under the steering wheel column) that makes the TPMS system "relearn" a new pressure setting.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
I'm still poking around in my '01 F250. It ain't quiet, nor does it smell good. ;-) I keep it clean and maintained; no plans to retire it.

I've got the same year truck. Bought it new in late 2000 and it only has about 90,000 miles on it. Love the 7.3 motor.

Great looking truck and your pup looks like a quality beast! I hope he enjoys riding "shotgun" on bird hunting trips in his fancy new ride! Cool

I have an ‘01 F250 Lariat CCSWB 4x4 SRW with 7.3 and only 64K miles. Bought it from original owner 5yrs ago and then it only had 34K miles. Love the truck, but I’m a Jeep guy and might sell it for the right Jeep.

Nice looking new truck you have there. The 6.7 is the modern day version of the 7.3. The 6.0 and 6.4 were big fails but they did prove to Ford what not to do in the 6.7. Enjoy that one and drive it. They best thing you can do is add filters to the oil system, transmission, coolant and fuel. Filteration is a diesels friend and the answer to longevity. Do an external bypass oil filter, external transmission filter, external coolant system filter and an external fuel filter/water separator system. Leave it as stock as possible drivetrain wise. Don’t add tuners or power adders. All they do is shorten the life of the power train and cause more maintenance. Filters Filters Filters.

Quality fluids also, synthetic if it’s in the budget.

Window tint to save interior. Looks like you have the mats, steps and mud flaps going.

Enjoy it and plan on it being around for at least a solid 10 years or more.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangeme101:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

I have an ‘01 F250 Lariat CCSWB 4x4 SRW with 7.3 and only 64K miles. Bought it from original owner 5yrs ago and then it only had 34K miles. Love the truck, but I’m a Jeep guy and might sell it for the right Jeep.

Nice looking new truck you have there. The 6.7 is the modern day version of the 7.3. The 6.0 and 6.4 were big fails but they did prove to Ford what not to do in the 6.7. Enjoy that one and drive it. They best thing you can do is add filters to the oil system, transmission, coolant and fuel. Filteration is a diesels friend and the answer to longevity. Do an external bypass oil filter, external transmission filter, external coolant system filter and an external fuel filter/water separator system. Leave it as stock as possible drivetrain wise. Don’t add tuners or power adders. All they do is shorten the life of the power train and cause more maintenance. Filters Filters Filters.

Quality fluids also, synthetic if it’s in the budget.

Window tint to save interior. Looks like you have the mats, steps and mud flaps going.

Enjoy it and plan on it being around for at least a solid 10 years or more.

Good advice. Thanks. I’ll check into the filters you mentioned.

Finished the install of the BedRug today. I baby my trucks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: coloradohunter44,

FBLM LGB!

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
Bump looking for more ideas and input.

FBLM LGB!

Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Hard to tell from the pics, but what sort of wheel well protection does it come with.

My F150 is now 10 years old, and the only rust on it is around the wheel wells. Wish I would've put some sort of fender flares or wheel well mud guards on there years ago

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Bump looking for more ideas and input.

I will humbly submit a recommendation for a Peragon tonneau cover. I just put one on my Titan and really like it.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Truck looks great!
I'm jealous that beast fits in your garage!
That looks like a pretty nice garage.
Congrats on both counts.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post