SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Journalist belived to be murdered after entering Saudi consulate in Istanbul
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Journalist belived to be murdered after entering Saudi consulate in Istanbul Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
Word that I heard is that his Apple watch was recording to iCloud; he had given his girlfriend his iPhone before he went into the embassy.

Take that for what it is worth.

How does the apple watch do that without the phone? It can't. Unless it's connected to wifi along with the phone, right?

And I'll need a better source than that article to believe those horrific details.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I’ve been to Istanbul....barbaric isn’t what I would call it. Again by your statements it would totally cool if foreign embassy’s in the US went about butchering their citizens?

What is late term abortion (except no bio involvement). If you suspect your country has it out for you, it is better you do not go to the embassy.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
All these fine folks have been horrifically killing each other on a grand scale for centuries. Why are we shocked over this one guy? Seems par for the course.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I don't really understand why the great U.S. concern over this alleged assassination by foreign agents.

I am not concluding this, but it sounds a lot like Spy vs Spy to me.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Only Journalists care.

#bait

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The gory details doesn't make too much sense.. why would they torture and kill him in Ankara? Make a big mess right on the consul's nice table in a nice meeting room, by a 15 strong team including the nation's head pathologist?

Seems to me that it'd be simpler to fly in a small SF team, drugged him there, then whisk him out the back door to the airport and home in that private jet and then do your business there.. kinda weird.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I can't condone murder, but I cannot condone giving Iran and Turkey a victory.

I am looking at the bigger picture of Middle East geopolitics and alliances.

Turkey and Iran don't care one wit about this murder, it's all geopolitics and them regaining influence and power at the expense of the Saudis.

That's a bad thing for the entire world right now.

Let's not hitch our wagon to this murder and change our current policies.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
What is late term abortion (except no bio involvement)

Are you equating abortion with what happened to this journalist?

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
All the cloak and dagger stuff aside, if you have to flee your country because you pissed off the defacto dictator, probably not a good idea to go to their embassy or consulate to get paperwork.

When I heard this story, that was among my first thoughts. Especially the Saudis, who don't treat dissenters with kid gloves.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
What is late term abortion (except no bio involvement)

Are you equating abortion with what happened to this journalist?

I wouldn't. The journalist wasn't a completely innocent, helpless human being. In fact, he was a bit of a radical sympathizer.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Explain why the world cares....

A saudi muslim extremist, goes to turkey, gets killified by other muslim extremists.

He had a green card, so what....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post