SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Toronto Advice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toronto Advice Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted
I'm looking at taking a weekend trip to Toronto before Christmas, looking for locations (not so much hotel brands) where I should book. My priorities are good food and good drinking, maybe some scenery. This is my first time in Canada other than going to Niagara falls so I'll want to see some touristy shit but I don't want to monopolize my free time. I don't intend to rent a car.

Thank you.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The CN Tower is worth the time to take in.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
If you like hockey, their hockey arena is a great place to watch a NHL game. Actually, my boss doesn't like hockey but he still had a great time looking at the roof structure (he's a civil engineer).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
The top touristy stop with scenery is of course the CN Tower. Probably takes an hour or three depending how jammed up with visitors the place is. Outside of kitchen knives and fishing gear at Canadian Tire, the CN Tower gift shop offers some of the most deadly items available to tourists. That would be replicas of the CN Tower. I've got bayonets with less point than the CN Tower models they sell ... to kids.

Sorry I can't help with places to stay. My visits have been limited to day trips to see the Blue Jays or business trips where I never got outside Mississauga and the Pearson airport area.

I don't think the Leafs play in town that weekend either. Zoos and parks are probably no fun in December, eh? The hockey and science museums might be an option. The various tourist sites list some culinary tours and Christmas-themed venues that might be a fit for the time of year.

I dunno. I am interested in what others might offer as well.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
The NHL Hall of Fame is cool.

Posts: 3250 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I used to live there for a while. Go to the Royal York hotel, go in the basement and follow the underground shopping mall for a while. Go to Sai Woo Chinese eatery, the oldest Chinese restaurant in N America. If you feel like a nice lunch, go to Ginsburg and Wong, a deli on Spadia St, on the edge of chinatown. Later take in Eaton shopping center in Younge St. I always like the Art Museum too. You’ll have a great time no matter what. I was wandering the streets one day and had breakfast at the counter with Elton John for company. Go to the El Macambo for live music... saw The Rolling Stones there; they were recording an album in town. Just be loose and have fun. And use public transportation to get around since parking is tight.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Royal York hotel. It's downtown near the hockey hall of fame and Union Station. If you like hockey history also go to Wayne Gretzky's restaurant. It's a museum to the 'great one'. Some of the best street dogs I've ever had were from the carts outside Union Station, and the station itself is an historic building. Go see the old Maple Leaf Gardens. Just walk around, Toronto is a great town.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post