SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any real world experience with the Oregon chain sharpeners?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any real world experience with the Oregon chain sharpeners? Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I don't cut enough wood to sharpen chain. I just bought a replacement chain that comes witout some type of built-in "safety" tooth geometry that the saw originally came with from the factory, that supposed to cut better because of the safety tooth geometry, and it cuts better. So my advice, buy a new chain, but it sounds like this is not your situation obviously.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Save yourself about $600 and get one of these.

Stihl sharpener

Wranglerstar (Youtube) has a good review on it.

Quick, easy, much better on the pocketbook, and does a great job.

I second that.

I sharpened free-hand for years, did a great job once I really learned how to do it. This tool takes the guesswork out of it.

My advice is to really understand how the chain actually cuts and works before you invest in any tool.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post