SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    List things from your Youth that do not exist in today's world
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List things from your Youth that do not exist in today's world Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
Pencil boxes with a built in ruler and pencil sharpener.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Pencil boxes with a built in ruler and pencil sharpener.

Whoa...flashback!

Only the really cool kids had those in the 5th grade.

How about ball point pens with 3 or 4 tips in different colors. Red, Blue, Green and Black IIRC.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roy Rogers metal lunchbox.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Loading the Little League Baseball team in the bed of my pickup and taking them to Dairy Queen for ice cream after the game - Win or Loose.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drive in movies.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Vent windows in cars and trucks. Frown

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Paint can shaking machine.
(self serve)

I dared my older sister to put her head in one, she did an I tighten it up and hit the switch. She survived, I got the strap.

Posts: 1555 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Winky Dink Crayons

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andcommande:
Many people mentioned phone related things, but no mention of the

Phonebook

Big, heavy, yellow, dropped off at your door. So very necessary.

We still get phone books dropped off on our driveway every year.

I work for the Printing company that made the AT&T Yellow Pages. Our plant phased out of making them maybe 8 years ago, but somewhere out there, phone books are still being produced.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Wrapping a piece of aluminum foil around the cable wire and sliding it along until the HBO signal was unscrambled.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Newsboys on the corner shouting "Extra Extra read all about it!"

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Blue Horse notebook paper (we could buy it in class)...cut out and saved many of those blue horse heads to turn in for prizes Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the car/truck related items have been mentioned but here's a few.
Floor vents, actually located below dash board, "flow thru ventilation".
Radios AM only and often without pushbuttons.
Manual Chokes on the dash board.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hand-crank telephones

quote:
Coca Cola with codeine

quote:
Kerosene pumps at the gas stations

quote:
Newsboys on the corner shouting "Extra Extra read all about it!"

Thanks you guys! I don’t feel so old at all...you guys, on the other hand, whoa!

I’ll add baseball cards (and football) bought in packs of 5 with bubble gum. Triples of Marv Throneberry of the NY Mets. No Mickey Mantle, maybe a Warren Spahn, a Willie Mays, Lou Burdette, Luis Aparicio, Roger Maris

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Bubble gum cigars
8 track tapes
8 track tape players
boom boxes(big portable radios)

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Dirt clod battles.
Service merchandise.
Makeshift club houses.
Payphones.
Pagers.
Love letters.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Floppy disks

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
mimeograph machines! We used to sniff the sheets as the teacher handed them out.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are my items. God Bless Smile

• Respect for one another
  • Accountability and responsibility of your own actions
  • Fear of the consequences of ones bad actions/decisions
  • Morals
  • Modesty
  • Creativity/Imagination
  • Patience

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smudge pot flares around roadwork overnight. When they were working on the road by my house we would sneak out and play with them.

And another thing that I’d rather forget - “Whites Only” signs on business doors Frown

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 1107 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post