SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You’re either innocent until proven guilty or you’re not. It ain’t pick and choose. Regardless of what anyone thinks of him or his beliefs is no reason to over turn the will of the people voting for him.

Maybe you will be next. Should your employer fire you over an allegation made about something supposedly done 10, 20 years ago?

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:...Should your employer fire you over an allegation made about something supposedly done 10, 20 years ago?

Was the "something done" 20 years ago, running a red light, or smoking weed, or trying to have sex with a 14 year old?

That is why crimes have classifications, some are worse than others. And yes, some will get you fired even after 20 years, even if they are only an allegation.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Cowger Nation posted a link claiming deleted FB posts that show 'likes' to Democrat politicians. I am not sure of the authenticity so I edited this post. I do think the signature is fake. It looks to be carefully drawn out rather than written of habit.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
This is so obviously a Mitch McConnell dirty trick that I'm surprised so many are taking the bait. Moore all the way.

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
some will get you fired even after 20 years, even if they are only an allegation.

Well, post up your employer's phone number so we can call and make an allegation.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Only in a criminal court. The court of public opinion has no such rule (or, really, any rules.)

quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
You’re either innocent until proven guilty or you’re not. It ain’t pick and choose. Regardless of what anyone thinks of him or his beliefs is no reason to over turn the will of the people voting for him.

Maybe you will be next. Should your employer fire you over an allegation made about something supposedly done 10, 20 years ago?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I have to say is "Ted Kennedy".

Posts: 1101 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
This is so obviously a Mitch McConnell dirty trick that I'm surprised so many are taking the bait. Moore all the way.

I thought the consensus was that McConnell is a dufus, fearful, timid, incompetent, etc. How could he pull off something like this?

No, these Senate seats are going to vote on Justice Kennedy’s and Justice Ginsburg’s replacements, so every one is precious beyond price. The libtards have to get back the Senate or lose the Court for generations, and America will be great again. Extreme hardball is authorized.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
rinos and rats are both against Moore and rats perfected honeypot dirty tricks. McConnell wants to quash Bannon and he thinks he can shepherd an overthrow of Moore and still retain the seat so it's about like they are allies.

McConnell is far from a political doofus. I've watched him work since his defeat of Lee Huddleston back in the 80s and he's as devious, ruthless and self serving as a politician can be.

Every time I watch the ending of the Wahlberg Sniper movie that sleazeball congressman at the end reminds me of our man Mitch.

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Is it true that the accuser says in 1977 she was locked in the car but that child safety locks on rear doors were not around until the 1980s?

There are some weird things going on in this fiasco.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That's what makes McConnell and Co.'s behavior more than a little weird. They've really been in a hurry to toss Moore overboard. The WaPo article came out on, what, Friday?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Only in a criminal court. The court of public opinion has no such rule (or, really, any rules.)

quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:

Agree about the court of public opinion. But that isn’t the senate. Lawmakers
Should uphold the law.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:...Should your employer fire you over an allegation made about something supposedly done 10, 20 years ago?

Was the "something done" 20 years ago, running a red light, or smoking weed, or trying to have sex with a 14 year old?

That is why crimes have classifications, some are worse than others. And yes, some will get you fired even after 20 years, even if they are only an allegation.

Isn’t one reason for the statute of limitations on many crimes because the credibility of evidence and witnesses, some whom may be dead, is not as reliable after so many years have passed? 37 years is a long damn time.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:

I thought the consensus was that McConnell is a dufus, fearful, timid, incompetent, etc. How could he pull off something like this?

No, these Senate seats are going to vote on Justice Kennedy’s and Justice Ginsburg’s replacements, so every one is precious beyond price. The libtards have to get back the Senate or lose the Court for generations, and America will be great again. Extreme hardball is authorized.

Limbaugh made the point on his show today that McConnell may look like a turtle and sound like a turtle but he's a scorpion and what you are seeing now is the McConnell scorpion sting.

It's going to be interesting to see how Trump weighs in on this as I'm sure he will.
I was at first astonished that McConnell would say he outright believes the women.
That's a huge political risk to take should this prove to be a fairy tale. That's a lot of egg on one face.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

It's going to be interesting to see how Trump weighs in on this as I'm sure he will.
I was at first astonished that McConnell would say he outright believes the women.
That's a huge political risk to take should this prove to be a fairy tale. That's a lot of egg on one face.

McConnell isn't worried. If the allegations turn out to be false, he knows the Leftist media will provide cover and concealment.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Hannity has flipped and given Moore 24 hours to respond:

Hannity gives Moore '24 hours'

Fox News host Sean Hannity walked back Tuesday night his original remarks insinuating that the five women accusing Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore of sexual assault when they were teenagers might be lying.

"For me, the judge has 24 hours," Hannity said. "You must immediately and fully come up with a satisfactory explanation for your inconsistencies that I just showed."

Hannity's break with his original comments follows a cascade of Republican figures distancing themselves from the GOP candidate, including the Republican National Committee.

Hannity on Friday defended Moore after an interview where he stopped short of flatly denying allegations that he sexually assaulted teen girls when he was the Etowah County district attorney. "How do you know if it's true? How do we — what's true? What's not true? How do you ascertain the truth? What happens when it's 38 years later?" Hannity asked.

When asked in that interview if he ever dated teen girls, Moore replied, "Not generally, no."

On Tuesday, Hannity altered his position.

"Between this interview that I did and the inconsistent answers. Between him saying 'I never knew this girl,' and then that yearbook comes out," Hannity said. "You must remove any doubt. If you can't do this, then Judge Moore needs to get out of this race."

Hannity was referring to the disclosure of the 1977 high school yearbook of Brenda Young Nelson, the fifth woman to come forward accusing Moore of sexual assault. Despite Moore's insistence that he does not know Nelson, her yearbook displays his signature; Nelson showed it during a press conference Monday in New York City with attorney Gloria Allred.

On Monday, Moore freshly denied the allegations, calling them "absolutely false" and a "political maneuver."

Of the five women who have come forth, Leigh Corfman was the youngest at the time she says Moore pursued her, age 14.

Hannity's defense of Moore spiraled into a bizarre feud with Keurig, the coffee machine company, which dropped their ads from the Hannity program after his Friday defense of Moore. The company sent a tweet Saturday announcing that it would be pulling its ads from Hannity's show. But after videos and images of Hannity supporters destroying Keurig machines went viral, Keurig Chief Executive Bob Gamgort wrote an internal email apologizing for the manner in which it announced its decision and for appearing to "take sides."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has said he believes Moore should step out of the race. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who formerly held the Senate seat, said Monday during a hearing with the House Judiciary Committee that he has no reason not to believe Moore's accusers. President Donald Trump has yet to make a statement on the matter.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One thing the world doesn't have a shortage of, and that's fools.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Man posing as Washington Post reporter offered reward for dirt on Roy Moore, Alabama pastor says

http://www.al.com/news/index.s...ml#incart_river_home

A pastor in Alabama said he received a voice mail Tuesday from an individual falsely claimed to be a reporter with The Washington Post and seeking women "willing to make damaging remarks" about Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore in exchange for money. The call comes days after The Post reported on allegations that 70-year-old Moore initiated a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old girl nearly four decades ago, sparking calls by some Republicans for him to abandon his campaign for the U.S. Senate in a special election to be held Dec. 12.

Pastor Al Moore of Creola, Alabama, said that he received the call on his cellphone a little after 7 a.m. Tuesday from a private number, which he did not answer. The caller, claiming to be "Bernie Bernstein," left a 27-second voicemail, which Moore played for local CBS-affiliate WKRG.

"I'm a reporter for the Washington Post calling to find out if anyone at this address is a female between the ages of 54 to 57 years old, willing to make damaging remarks about candidate Roy Moore for a reward of between 5,000 and 7,000 dollars," the caller said in the voice mail.

The caller said he would not be "fully investigating these claims" but would make a written report. He said he could be reached by email at albernstein@washingtonpost.com.

Moore said he mentioned the call to a couple of members of the church and quickly realized that it didn't add up. The caller first referred to himself as "Bernie" and then later gave his name as "Al." Moore also sent an email to the address left in the voice mail, which bounced back.

His church, the Fountain Of Faith Baptist Church, posted on Facebook Tuesday morning about a call from an "Al Bernstein at the Washington Post. Hmmmm."

Marty Baron, executive editor of the The Washington Post, said that the caller's reporting methods bear "no relationship to reality."

"The Post has just learned that at least one person in Alabama has received a call from someone falsely claiming to be from The Washington Post," Baron said in a statement to WKRG. "The call's description of our reporting methods bears no relationship to reality. We are shocked and appalled that anyone would stoop to this level to discredit real journalism."

John Rogers, a spokesman for the Roy Moore campaign, could not be immediately reached by The Post. He told WKRG reporter Bill Riales that he hadn't previously heard about the call.

Al Moore told Riales that he is in no way related to Roy Moore, even though they share the same last name. The pastor said he thought the voice mail was from a robocall meant to stir up an already divisive race, and he reached out to WKRG because "people are just going crazy with this."

"Let's let the people who are investigating do their job and expose it if it's real, and shut it if it's not," he said.

In The Post's investigation published last week, Leigh Corfman alleged that Roy Moore initiated a sexual encounter with her in 1979, when she was 14 years old and he was 32. Three other women, all on the record, have said that Roy Moore pursued them when they were between 16 and 18 years old. A fifth woman came forward on Monday, saying Roy Moore sexually assaulted her in the 1970s when she was 16.

Since The Post's report, the fact-checking site Snopes debunked unsubstantiated rumors that The Post had paid Corfman to go on the record and accuse Roy Moore of sexual misconduct. Post spokeswoman Molly Gannon Conway called the accusation "categorically false," adding that The Post has "an explicit policy that prohibits paying sources."

Neither Corfman nor any of the other women sought out The Post. While reporting a story in Alabama about supporters of Roy Moore's Senate campaign, a Post reporter heard that Moore allegedly had sought relationships with teenage girls. Over the ensuing three weeks, two Post reporters contacted and interviewed the four women. All were initially reluctant to speak publicly but chose to do so after multiple interviews, saying they thought it was important for people to know about their interactions with Moore. The women say they don't know one another.

Roy Moore has denied the allegations, and has showed no indication that he intends to bow out of the race. Speaking at Walker Springs Road Baptist Church in rural south Alabama Tuesday evening, the senate candidate said he knows he has "made a few people mad."

"I'm the only one who can unite Democrats and Republicans, because I'm opposed by both. They've done everything they could, and now they are together to try to keep me from going to Washington," Moore said.

Voters in Alabama told The Post that they feel torn about the allegations. Some evangelicals in Alabama still consider Moore a champion of their faith - a politician willing to stand up for Christian values. But other evangelicals feel the allegations force them to make an uncomfortable decision.

Al Moore, the pastor, said he's on the fence about whether to vote for Roy Moore.

"I'm a pastor and I'm conservative, and so is Roy Moore, but I'm not dumb," he said. "I don't know whether the guy is guilty or not. I'm on the fence until we know more."

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Moore will be victorious. The election is mid-December. People are now realizing the falsity of these allegations. The leftists shot their wad too early with this, suffering from premature electjulation.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
OAN is carrying a story just now eroding the credibility of the women accusers.

The stakes are so high that anything is possible.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post