SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted
I just wanted to be the first to break the news that Moore won.
Ha Ha I called it before the media did.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I just wanted to be the first to break the news that Moore won.

He might, but I wouldn't count on it. It will all come down to turnout. Projections are for turnout to be very low.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I would think a low turnout would mean the enthused vote, which favors Moore.

I think Moore wins by ten.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Anybody who scares Mitch McConnell into sending the kind of funding he did to Luther Strange must be alright. Go Moore!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Polls close at 7PM Eastern, so not long from now.

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
We've got the guy Trump campaigned for vs. the guy who would be a better supporter for Trump's agenda.

So, either way Trump wins.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Anybody who scares Mitch McConnell into sending the kind of funding he did to Luther Strange must be alright. Go Moore!

exactly. my questions was going to be "who does mcconnell like?"

I like the other one.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Groovy. Then it costs nothing to have Alabama give McConnell a good hosing.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
From what I've read, McConnell and his ilk have spent around $30 mil against Moore's $3 or 4 million in support of Strange.

Stranger Danger Wink

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Strange supporters include:
- Trump
- Pence
- McConnell
- NRA

Moore supporters include:
- Bannon
- Hannity
- Palin
- Carson
- Mo Brooks
- Levin
- James Dobson
- Huckabee
- Coulter
- etc.

Pretty clear who's considered establishment and who's not.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
We've got the guy Trump campaigned for vs. the guy who would be a better supporter for Trump's agenda.

I'd say that's a pretty accurate assessment.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
From what I've read, McConnell and his ilk have spent around $30 mil against Moore's $3 or 4 million in support of Strange.
Stranger Danger Wink

Groovy. Then it costs nothing to have Alabama give McConnell a good hosing....

Yep. Without knowing a whole lot about the candidates.... I know enough about McConnell to hope Moore wins.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Only about an hour left before results begin to come in.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
LTR from Alabama Sec of State (today)

September 26, 2017 MONTGOMERY – This morning, reports from several voting locations have indicated that poll workers have been identified assisting or allowing voters, which were marked as having cast a ballot for a democratic candidate in the primary on August 15th, to vote a Republican ballot. This letter is intended to serve as a reminder that this is voter fraud.

The Alabama Legislature prescribed this process when they passed Act No. 2017-340 which prescribed into law procedures to limit cross party candidate selection. Specifically the law states:

“If an elector votes in a primary election, he or she may vote in a subsequent primary runoff election only if he or she voted in the primary election of the same political party for which the runoff election is being held.”

Any person who votes or knowingly attempts to vote or assists another person in voting when they when not entitled to do so shall be guilty upon conviction of a Class C felony. A class C felony carries a sentence of not less than one year and one day and not more than ten years imprisonment, and may include a fine not to exceed $15,000

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...able-class-c-felony/

and, Sen Corker (R, TN) has announced his retirement. He will not run in 2018

There were reports that Corker had urged President Trump to campaign for Strange

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/J4o14NnEfZU

short video of Roy Moore

interesting

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
and, Sen Corker (R, TN) has announced his retirement. He will not run in 2018
There were reports that Corker had urged President Trump to campaign for Strange

Excellent!

Bob Corker, Obama's co-pilot in inflicting the Iran "Deal" on the US and helping their nuclear program to fission fruition, says he's not going to seek re-election as a Democrat Senator running on the Republican line. He says he has thought the matter over, and will instead spend more time with his donors and corporate stooges.

Now if only he can convince McCain and Collins to resign in solidarity with him.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and, Sen Corker (R, TN) has announced his retirement. He will not run in 2018

After openly speculating about Trump's mental fitness for office, I've been wondering if he (Corker) could win if someone ran a highly-qualified challenge. I haven't trusted him for a while, his litter mate even less.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Sen Corker (R, TN) has announced his retirement. He will not run in 2018

Follow the money:

Sen. Luther Strange’s (R-AL) swamp pal, Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN), is set to receive more money each year from Alabama taxpayers from the sweetheart deal in an Alabama retail development arranged by a law firm that is a big donor to Strange’s Senate campaign than he receives from his salary as a United States senator.
Under the terms of that sweetheart deal signed off on by the Mobile City Council and the Mobile County Commission, Corker, as a 13 percent owner of McGowin Park Incentive, LLC, a Delaware Corporation, receives a prorated split of that entity’s hefty sales tax rebate from retail purchases made at stores in McGowin Park retail center in Mobile Alabama. The center is a huge development opened in 2015 of more than 24 stores, including “Dick’s Sporting Goods, Field & Stream, HomeGoods, Ross Dress for Less, Hobby Lobby, Best Buy, Old Navy, Petco, Ashley Furniture HomeStore and Dollar Tree,” as one publication noted, strategically located right off heavily traveled I-65.

That rebate is substantial; 28 percent of all city sales tax collected and 30 percent of all county sales tax collected from stores in the center is paid out to McGowin Park Incentive, LLC, in two securities known as City of Mobile Limited Obligation Project Revenue Warrants, Series 2013 and Mobile County Limited Obligation Project Revenue Warrants, Series 2013.

Corker received $40,459 in 2015 and $108,682 in income from City of Mobile Limited Obligation Project Revenue Warrants, Series 2013, and Mobile County Limited Obligation Project Revenue Warrants, Series 2013, according to financial reports he filed with the United States Senate. He is scheduled to receive $155,500 in income from those warrants in 2017; $168,808 in 2018; $192,000 in 2019; and $192,000 a year for the next 15-and-a-half years.

During the twenty years in which he receives money from this deal, Corker is expected to receive more than $3 million of the Mobile, Alabama, city and county sales tax revenue paid by customers who make purchases at the McGowin Park retail center in Mobile.

Corker’s current annual salary as a United States senator is $174,000 per year. If Corker were to win a third term in the United States Senate, his salary in 2019–the first year of that third term–is currently anticipated to be the same: $174,000 per year, or $18,000 less than he will receive from the City of Mobile and Mobile County.

Corker was part of the Republican establishment chorus that persuaded President Trump to rally in Huntsville, Alabama, Friday night with Sen. Luther Strange (R-AL) tonight, according to multiple press reports. Strange trails conservative grassroots champion Judge Roy Moore in the Alabama Republican primary runoff election to be held next Tuesday by more than 8 points, according to the latest Real Clear Politics average of polls.

Corker’s affinity for his establishment Republican allies in Alabama is understandable given the role played by the Alabama law firm that donated $28,000 to Strange’s Senate campaign in setting up the sweetheart deal in the Mobile, Alabama, McGowin Park retail development.

Mobile’s 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report does not show how much the city paid in Limited Obligation Project Revenue Warrants, Series 2013, issued to McGowin Park, LLC, in 2013 and subsequently assigned to McGowin Park Incentive, LLC, in 2014, in FY 2016.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ma-taxpayers-salary/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange

Oh boy, from your lips to God's ears.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Sen Corker (R, TN) has announced his retirement. He will not run in 2018

Follow the money:

Sen. Luther Strange’s (R-AL) swamp pal, Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN), is set to receive more money each year from Alabama taxpayers from the sweetheart deal in an Alabama retail development arranged by a law firm that is a big donor to Strange’s Senate campaign than he receives from his salary as a United States senator.
Under the terms of that sweetheart deal signed off on by the Mobile City Council and the Mobile County Commission, Corker, as a 13 percent owner of McGowin Park Incentive, LLC, a Delaware Corporation, receives a prorated split of that entity’s hefty sales tax rebate from retail purchases made at stores in McGowin Park retail center in Mobile Alabama. The center is a huge development opened in 2015 of more than 24 stores, including “Dick’s Sporting Goods, Field & Stream, HomeGoods, Ross Dress for Less, Hobby Lobby, Best Buy, Old Navy, Petco, Ashley Furniture HomeStore and Dollar Tree,” as one publication noted, strategically located right off heavily traveled I-65.

That rebate is substantial; 28 percent of all city sales tax collected and 30 percent of all county sales tax collected from stores in the center is paid out to McGowin Park Incentive, LLC, in two securities known as City of Mobile Limited Obligation Project Revenue Warrants, Series 2013 and Mobile County Limited Obligation Project Revenue Warrants, Series 2013.

Corker received $40,459 in 2015 and $108,682 in income from City of Mobile Limited Obligation Project Revenue Warrants, Series 2013, and Mobile County Limited Obligation Project Revenue Warrants, Series 2013, according to financial reports he filed with the United States Senate. He is scheduled to receive $155,500 in income from those warrants in 2017; $168,808 in 2018; $192,000 in 2019; and $192,000 a year for the next 15-and-a-half years.

During the twenty years in which he receives money from this deal, Corker is expected to receive more than $3 million of the Mobile, Alabama, city and county sales tax revenue paid by customers who make purchases at the McGowin Park retail center in Mobile.

Corker’s current annual salary as a United States senator is $174,000 per year. If Corker were to win a third term in the United States Senate, his salary in 2019–the first year of that third term–is currently anticipated to be the same: $174,000 per year, or $18,000 less than he will receive from the City of Mobile and Mobile County.

Corker was part of the Republican establishment chorus that persuaded President Trump to rally in Huntsville, Alabama, Friday night with Sen. Luther Strange (R-AL) tonight, according to multiple press reports. Strange trails conservative grassroots champion Judge Roy Moore in the Alabama Republican primary runoff election to be held next Tuesday by more than 8 points, according to the latest Real Clear Politics average of polls.

Corker’s affinity for his establishment Republican allies in Alabama is understandable given the role played by the Alabama law firm that donated $28,000 to Strange’s Senate campaign in setting up the sweetheart deal in the Mobile, Alabama, McGowin Park retail development.

Mobile’s 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report does not show how much the city paid in Limited Obligation Project Revenue Warrants, Series 2013, issued to McGowin Park, LLC, in 2013 and subsequently assigned to McGowin Park Incentive, LLC, in 2014, in FY 2016.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ma-taxpayers-salary/

What's the diff between this and office holders receiving very substantial incomes from investments in real estate ventures, petroleum pipelines, assuming they made investments, not merely recipients of payoffs?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post