SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
How reputable is AL.com?

It's a big media conglomerate formed when the internet came about and the newspapers started dying. It's the newspapers from B'ham, Huntsville, Montgomery and Mobile, among others that came together and this is the website for all of them.
http://www.alabamamediagroup.com/

I heard another possible ploy. Have Moore step down (although his name is still on the ballot), have Richard Shelby (current Alabama senator) as a write in candidate - when he wins that seat the Al governor would appoint a replacement for his now vacated seat, ensuring Republicans retain control.

I don't see a write in candidate winning any statewide election, though. I think any such campaign or attempt would simply ensure that the democrat would be elected.

If anything, the voters need to let the Senate work it out - expel, refuse to seat - whatever they want to do AFTER the election when these claims can be properly vetted and not a rush to judgement.

Which is exactly why this was done, right out of the God Damned Commie playbook.

Go back to Illinois when Obama ran for Senate against Jack Ryan. Ryan was divorced from Seven of Nine Jeri Ryan, transcripts of rhe proceedings were sealed. A judge in L.A. unsealed them revealing her accusations of aggresive sexual practices, Ryan was forced out, and the best the GOP could do was Alan Keyes, a carpet bagger who moved from Maryland to run, lost in a landslide.

Orchestrated by that slime ball David Axelrod who believes in winning at any cost. I remember it all very well. Before that disgusting action was taken revealing very private information that they both agreed to keep sealed, Ryan was looking good to win the election.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
$10 says he's definitely into young girls (teens), and probably - maybe - *barely* avoided breaking the laws about that. And if he broke no laws in that regard, fine. But it's gross, and outlandishly hypocritical from a man that likes to flaunt morals and religion, and on that basis alone is enough to want to keep him a million miles away from law creation and law enforcement and anything of importance that affects anyone else.

Jerry Lee Lewis was a fine musician, but no one wanted to see him as a Senator.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
^^^ agreed. This guy is a fucking creep and I bet none of the people on here defending him would allow their teenage daughters within 100 yards of him. I don’t know about you guys but the last time I wrote some lovey-dovey shit in a high school girls year book I was also in high school.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
the last time I wrote some lovey-dovey shit in a high school girls year book I was also in high school.

You sure he wrote that?

I've been reading this morning. There seems to be some questions regarding the handwriting, the spelling of the name of the restaurant, his title after his signature, and the time of year it was purported to be signed.

The left is famous for this. They make determinations based on emotion and not reality.

I'll defend the guy because most of what I see him accused of doing is lawful behavior despite one's personal feelings. I don't smoke pot. I have no interest. But if a politician in Colorado was accused of wrongdoing because he smoked pot, I would defend him. Doesn't mean I would want to spend any time with him, or allow him to babysit my children. That has nothing to do with anything.

It's called liberty. We are all allowed to live our lives, within the confines of the law, however we wish. There are all sorts of legal activities that I have no interest in, or am personally against. But just as I don't want somebody expecting me to live my life to their standards, I will not impose my standards upon their lives.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I read online a few days ago that since the governor called the special election he can cancel it or postpone it.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I read online a few days ago that since the governor called the special election he can cancel it or postpone it.

If he does that he may as well delay it until the 2018 midterms and have primary elections again.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I read online a few days ago that since the governor called the special election he SHE he can cancel it or postpone it.

If he SHE does that he SHE may as well delay it until the 2018 midterms and have primary elections again.
FIFY

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
$10 says he's definitely into young girls (teens), and probably - maybe - *barely* avoided breaking the laws about that. And if he broke no laws in that regard, fine. But it's gross, and outlandishly hypocritical from a man that likes to flaunt morals and religion, and on that basis alone is enough to want to keep him a million miles away from law creation and law enforcement and anything of importance that affects anyone else.

Al Franken was a fine comedian, too, but no one wanted to see him as a Senator.... here he is!

Let he who is without sin, and all that.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
If he does that he may as well delay it until the 2018 midterms and have primary elections again.

I'd rather delay it than hand it to the Democrats for 6 years.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
You (the universal) can't utter a word about liberty and Moore in the same sentence with a straight fucking face. Whether or not he's sexually attracted to teen girls, he's all take and no give when it comes to anyone else's liberty. That motherfucker wouldn't know what liberty was if it ran his fool ass over. While a1abdj might support some weed smoking Senator from Colorado despite a disinterest in weed, Moore wouldn't, and his record demonstrates this with utter and irrefutable clarity. He is the very antithesis of liberty, unless if fits his astonishingly narrow minded vision of such things. Any true lover of liberty should be delighted to see this guy be stopped from ever reaching Congress, and anyone who thinks Moore would truly champion any progress on that front is mistaken.

liberty, indeed. you've got to be kidding me, using an argument like that about him.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Funny how he was ok a gun lover and no problem two weeks ago and
now we have such vitriol, hatred and have found out how much of an
anti freedom person Moore became over 10 to 15 days.

Which is exactly what WaPo and the left wanted, the thing about
conservatives is they will eat their own, all you have to do is
put a little twist out there about morals and it's instant death
to that persons career and many in the fold will buy it true or not hook
line and sinker.

Did he do all that has been reported? I have no idea, neither does anyone here, everything is speculation, innuindo, and multiplied with the current war on men through sexual harrassment claims.

We have several women making claims that are close to 40 years later, oddly enough its in the press just a few weeks from the vote in a special election. It adds fuel to the conspiracy of the left and press to change the election results, and frankly I"m pretty darn sure that regardless of if it's true or not WaPo and the left knew of all of this prior to him winning the R runoff, just in case he won, then use it at the right time to destroy him in the final vote.

Frankly though, unless you live in Alabama what we think doesn't matter does it...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:

Much like AL Franken?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:

Much like AL Franken?

Is that our standard now? Franken is a grotesque fool, too, who is a joke in Congress. And to combat that let's not elect our own gross fool... let's elect better folks, in every regard.

And lots of people have never been OK with Moore. WaPo/etc has nearly zero impact on my opinion of him. He was 95% a fool, to me, before this story broke, and is now 98%...

Yes, he likes guns and will surely vote our way on some things. And that's an exceedingly low bar, embarrassingly low, even, especially to elect a Senator... a 1 of 100 lawmaker?

For six years, minimum?

(shudder)

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Ive never really had a opinion of Moore one way or another. My only impression of him was a religious conservative.
I'm not about to assume his guilt now. Too much of this shit turns out to be falsehoods after the accusation is out there. Duke Lacrosse team, Tawana Brawley, Ferguson hands up don't shoot etc. etc.
It's a bad road to go down when someone can be destroyed on accusation alone.
Lets give the judge his day in court so he can face his accusers. Lets get everybody under oath. Stories have a way of changing once the pressure of consequence of not telling the truth is present.

If it proves the accusers are being truthful Moore should suffer the consequences but not before.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:

Much like AL Franken?

Is that our standard now? Franken is a grotesque fool, too, who is a joke in Congress. And to combat that let's not elect our own gross fool... let's elect better folks, in every regard.

Franken : Moore

Apples : Oranges

Franken was, at best, a third rate comedian with no experience in anything. Look into Moore's professional background. No comparison whatsoever.

And, GASP!, maybe Moore likes young gals. THE HORROR!

Our local grocery store hired a gorgeous young thing fresh out of high school awhile back. I always tend to pick her lane because I just like her. STRING ME UP!

Forty years ago, Laurie Polyjewski bent over in front of me in class with a button up shirt on and I got to see her boobies. I remember liking the view. A lot. STRING ME UP! RUIN MY LIFE AND CAREER!

Jesus. Some of you guys need to get a grip.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
So, the wild-eyed left's new destruction strategy of bringing up CLAIMS of sexual impropriety has a whole lot of people wetting their pants.

When all else fails trot out the "he touched my knee when I was only 14" BS.

Only real proof so far is where the one accuser was shown, by her mother, TO BE A LIAR.

If you do not like Moore for legitimate (in your opinion) that's fine. But I would offer that believing all these "charges" is not what I would base my opinion on.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I want to see polygraphs of all involved.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It looks like the yearbook signature is a forgery.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
It looks like the yearbook signature is a forgery.

You don't say.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Link?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post