SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
The guy who should be looking over his shoulder is Shelby. There's half a million republican voters who are pretty pissed off that he started a write-in campaign, which garnered nearly 23,000 write-in ballots.

These half million voters are not happy that the write-ins gave the dems a Senate seat. They know who to thank for that. Regardless of the allegations against Moore, if Shelby had endorsed him they could not have stolen this seat.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
The guy who should be looking over his shoulder is Shelby. There's half a million republican voters who are pretty pissed off that he started a write-in campaign, which garnered nearly 23,000 write-in ballots.

These half million voters are not happy that the write-ins gave the dems a Senate seat. They know who to thank for that. Regardless of the allegations against Moore, if Shelby had endorsed him they could not have stolen this seat.

Maybe those half a million voters ought to look at themselves, how it happened that Moore got the nod anyway. Who did Shelby back in the primary?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
These half million voters are not happy that the write-ins gave the dems a Senate seat. They know who to thank for that. Regardless of the allegations against Moore, if Shelby had endorsed him they could not have stolen this seat

How was the seat stolen? Did they sneak in at night and snatch it away?

No. The primary voters selected the political hack with a wide assortment of red flags, ranging from idiotic statements to a mistaken effort to insert theology over his appointed government authorities. Then it was only made worse as the Washington Post found and released a collection of accusations that completely demolished his persona, affixing him with a stink he could not shake or plausibly explain.

There was no winning in Alabama. He takes the seat, every republican for the next decade has to explain why they don't support pedophilia, even though there's a burgeoning effort from the left that it should be destimatized. Every republican for the next decade has to explain why they won't run the government based on religious morals, though religion may inform their decision. Every Republican for the next decade has to explain that they don't hate the jews, because they have a jewish lawyer. Every republican for the next decade has to explain that they don't believe the government should regulate your sex life.

He loses the seat, we're down to a 1 vote margin, much closer to failure, and much closer to losing the senate during the next Election cycle. Then the republicans will tell us that they 'need' the senate back in order to end Obamacare.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Democrats are relentless, they come at you from all angles, they never stop, and they have absolutely no rules. For them, at least, anything goes -- lie, cheat, steal, and defame, it doesn’t matter as long as they win. Yet in the world the Democrats and the media have created, the Republicans have plenty of rules, and if they don’t abide by each one, the media tries to make it a scandal.

It doesn’t help that there are a lot of Republicans and conservatives who are just too pure to get down and dirty. Many Republicans would rather lose with dignity than win, but people who voted for Trump want to win. America wants to win. Republicans, all Republicans need to learn how to fight like the Democrats, or the nation is lost.

So far, the Democrats are one and one -- and it would have worked against Trump if their candidate didn’t have more negatives than Satan; at least he reigns in hell, Hillary merely wanted to create hell on earth and maybe unload the remaining 80% of our uranium in the process.

They’ve been coming at Trump ever since he won the nomination. Hillary threw everything she had at him, even having her lawyers, Perkins Coie, pay (breaking campaign laws to do so) almost $10 million for the ignominious Trump dossier. “Opposition research,” that even James Comey called “salacious and unverified.” Then Obama apparatchiks in the FBI and the Justice Department used the dossier to get FISA warrants to spy on members of the Trump campaign.

Ask yourself why isn’t that a bigger story? Don’t bother, it’s because the media has become an arm of the Democratic Party.

http://www.americanthinker.com...than_a_democrat.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Exactly. The republicans need to stop bringing a knife to a gun fight. The republicans treat these political "differences" like honorable duels where each side respects each other and will abide by the outcome....the democrats hire an assassin to kill you the night before AND booby trap your dueling pistol.

In a fight to the death there is no second place.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was indeed stolen. In a state where most republican candidates for state-wide office win by 20% or more, Shelby's promotion of write-in votes essentially gifted the seat to the Dems. But, then again, Shelby was a Dem until later in his political life.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
As an AL voter, or more simply an American voter in general, I simply can't remember a worse setup for an election than this one.

I was a Mo Brooks supporter in the primary and grudgingly voted for Strange in the run-off. If you know anything about AL politics, you are well aware of just how bad a candidate Roy Moore was for the state and the party. I knew the instant Moore won the run-off that the senate seat was in play, and that was BEFORE the sexual allegations shit-show. I simply CAN NOT remember having a worse choice of candidates for any national political position short of the McCain/Palin 2008 debacle, it was that bad.

The Republicans as a whole mismanaged this race as badly as earthly possible, and now we're stuck with a guy who's not only a D/Democrat, but also a D/dick head. I've met every one of these guys personally, and could barely stand Mo Brooks, let alone the rest of them. Brooks actually endorsed Moore, sigh...

This whole thing was an MCF and it makes my heart hurt for America.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
“It became necessary to destroy the town to save it,” a U.S. major said Wednesday. 1968 Quote

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

It was indeed stolen. In a state where most republican candidates for state-wide office win by 20% or more, Shelby's promotion of write-in votes essentially gifted the seat to the Dems. But, then again, Shelby was a Dem until later in his political life.
Nope. You're blaming the wrong person; the responsibility is with those that voted Moore over Strange, or didn't vote, in the Run Off. 262,204 voted for Moore, versus the 218,066 for Strange.

It isn't the write-in votes that caused Moore to lose, but the percentage of the population that were disgusted by him. Just look at the results of the 2016 election: Trump got 1,318,255 votes (62.1) to Hillary's 729,547 (34.4). In comparison, Roy Moore received 650,436 (48.4) to Jones' 671,151 (49.9). While less people voted for both Jones and Moore, Moore's decline was more significant. That is a 50% decline in voter turn out for the Republican; Moore lost because he was repugnant. He was repugnant before the claims of sexual misconduct.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
What did Sheila Jackson Lee botch in this tweet?

https://twitter.com/JacksonLee...s/940790419109105666

Lady's dumber than cow dung.

Doug Moore, eh? Idiot.

ETA: Looks like stupid deleted her tweet.

Hey now. Before you make fun of her, do you know what she got on her LSAT?

Drool.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Ol' Roy is suing all his accusers.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...oore-suing-accusers/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Here's hoping we hear something pained from Gloria Allred.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

Hey now. Before you make fun of her, do you know what she got on her LSAT?

Drool.

Well done, sir.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Ol' Roy is suing all his accusers.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...oore-suing-accusers/

Anyone can sue anyone.

I wouldn't count on this being anything but another Roy Moore move to appeal to his base. Every party has some nutjobs within their ranks.
Remember, Trump was against him until after the primary and he only supported him because he knew Moore wouldn't be supporting many Democrat causes.
Otherwise, he would have been an embarrassment and I hope the Republicans don't need that one vote.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the truth will set you free
Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:

Yeah, one of them is suing him for calling her a liar. https://www.usnews.com/news/po...-lawsuit-against-him

Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: September 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
As an AL voter, or more simply an American voter in general, I simply can't remember a worse setup for an election than this one.

I was a Mo Brooks supporter in the primary and grudgingly voted for Strange in the run-off. If you know anything about AL politics, you are well aware of just how bad a candidate Roy Moore was for the state and the party. I knew the instant Moore won the run-off that the senate seat was in play, and that was BEFORE the sexual allegations shit-show. I simply CAN NOT remember having a worse choice of candidates for any national political position short of the McCain/Palin 2008 debacle, it was that bad.

The Republicans as a whole mismanaged this race as badly as earthly possible, and now we're stuck with a guy who's not only a D/Democrat, but also a D/dick head. I've met every one of these guys personally, and could barely stand Mo Brooks, let alone the rest of them. Brooks actually endorsed Moore, sigh...

This whole thing was an MCF and it makes my heart hurt for America.

As a fellow Alabamian...I can't argue with any of this.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post