SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
The Fox polls, don't exactly surprise me...their coverage of Moore has been very negative and they keep spouting the dem's child molester line...I've seen it on The Five, Gutfeld's show, Fox & Friends, etc. Mad

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Well, Moore might as well give up and go home now Roll Eyes

Rosie O’Donnell Maxes Out Donations for Democratic Alabama Senate Candidate Doug Jones

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...date-dem-doug-jones/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It is not the first time O’Donnell has tried to wield her celebrity status to elect a Democrat in a state election. She also donated the maximum to Democrat Jon Ossoff, who ran unsuccessfully for Georgia’s U.S. House of Representatives seat this year. Ossoff lost to Karen Handel, despite raising $30 million in donations.

Republican opponent Judge Roy Moore leads Jones by 3.8 percentage points, according to an average of the latest polls.

... probably on WAY less money.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24065 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Polls

Mean

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who doesn't know this by now? Come on. How can you NOT know this???

Posts: 107492 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
It is not the first time O’Donnell has tried to wield her celebrity status to elect a Democrat in a state election. She also donated the maximum to Democrat Jon Ossoff, who ran unsuccessfully for Georgia’s U.S. House of Representatives seat this year.
Yeah, but in Alabama? I don't think Rosie's 'kind' (i.e. mouthy, liberal, Hollywood, bull dike) would be overwhelmingly embraced by a majority of Alabama residents. Regardless the dollar amount, I would think the effect(s) of her contributions, if any, would benefit Moore on election day.

And Para's post is the most relevant. We should all know by now that media polling is worthless.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Well, it's now time for Alabamans to do their thing. Please get out there and vote!

Here's hoping we do NOT add to the Trump opponents in the Senate. Even if there is some substance to the charges swirling around Mr. Moore, there would be time to run them to ground while he is a sitting Senator. To keep it in context, even if they were all true, none approach the issues that did not result in Bill Clinton's being found unfit for an even higher office than Senator.

Any more Democrats in the Senate, and we become even more dependent on the delicate sensibilities of Mr. McCain, Ms. Collins, Ms. Murkowski and other pseudo-Republicans to get things done.

We pivot around the RINOs enough already - with fewer votes, the Senate would become a RINO playground.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Typically all of the MSM coverage of the election on TV is Democratic talking points and rather biased. Did anyone else catch Jones' wife defending him against allegations that he was anti Semitic? It was comedy gold, she said it can't be true because one of his attorneys is a Jew. Now, one can only imagine the outcry from the press if something like this had been uttered by Melania, but in this instance the reporters just nod in agreement.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1493 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if there would have been any good answer that would satisfy everyone.

quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
Typically all of the MSM coverage of the election on TV is Democratic talking points and rather biased. Did anyone else catch Jones' wife defending him against allegations that he was anti Semitic? It was comedy gold, she said it can't be true because one of his attorneys is a Jew. Now, one can only imagine the outcry from the press if something like this had been uttered by Melania, but in this instance the reporters just nod in agreement.

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
She wasn't asked a question, she decided to comment on something she had heard.
A better course of action would likely have been to ignore it, but I guess it helps with the press running interference.
By the way, she also complained about fake news and pointed out the reporters in the back,
just like Trump. Amazingly enough the press had no complaints to make about their safety afterwards.
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
I'm not sure if there would have been any good answer that would satisfy everyone.

quote:
Originally posted by TSE:

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1493 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what time the polls close this evening?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Open from 7am to 7pm central time.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Well, I did my part.

One political writer said he couldn't/didn't vote for Roy Moore. He, instead, voted a straight Republican ticket which, of course, gave his vote to Moore.

Whatever makes you comfortable I guess.

It will be interesting to see just how much influence the outsiders and their money make in AL. Hopefully they will have wasted their money as they did in the GA congressional election.

Jone's stance on abortion might be the thing that kills him. People here are not fond of killing babies in utero .

We will know soon enough.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Open from 7am to 7pm central time.

And what is the assessment of how safe the Alabama election is from leftist manipulation/fraud, such as we have seen in, for example, Minnesota, Illinois, etc.?

The left sees vote fraud, counting fraud, electioneering in general as their insurance against the greater numbers of us deplorables.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It will not be long and numbers should start rolling in.

I really think Moore gets the win.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Stupid question. Will the results only start to show after polls close?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Yes^^

I showed up to see if anyone had updated this. We'll know soon.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Whoa....it's a 1-1 tie so far Wink

quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
I am watching here - https://ballotpedia.org/United...cember_12.2C_2017.29

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I stumbled onto this results site and like it on first impression. Youtube channel and they are hustling to make a buck by doing a better job with results coverage. We shall see. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSqJDuTJUSE

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
I am watching here - https://ballotpedia.org/United...cember_12.2C_2017.29

I scrolled down and noticed the voter turnouts in the primaries.
Republican primary voters 423,282
Democratic primary voters 165,006

I wonder what sequence the precincts will report in? Surely not in a way that would raise news ratings/revenues.

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post