SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
If state legislatures still chose U.S. senators, as they did for most of our history, Alabama might not be having her Moore problems. America should repeal the 17th Amendment and go back to having state legislatures choose U.S. senators. Not only that, the repeal should stipulate that senators hold their jobs only at the pleasure of their state legislatures. In other words, state legislatures could sack senators at any time. U.S. senators should be seen as ambassadors of states to the central government in D.C. But with the 17th Amendment, they’ve gone rogue, and have forgotten why they’re in D.C., which is to represent the states.

The great state of Alabama is one of the reddest of red states. It would be a pity if she were represented by someone as out of step with Alabama’s culture as Doug Jones, who would immediately become a lackey of “Cryin’ Chuck” Schumer.

http://www.americanthinker.com...ands_of_alabama.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
^^^Precisely the reason that I will vote for Moore, or any other name on the ballot representing the Republican party.

I'm not a fan of Moore, nor have I ever been. He reminds me of a TV preacher, and not in a good way. But I will vote for ANYONE other than a Dem. If for no other reason, for the Supreme Court nominees sure to come up in the next few years.

I have no problem if Moore is recalled immediately after the election. In fact, I would support such a recall. The Republican Governor can then appoint another temporary Senator until another special election can be held.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
OAN is carrying a story just now eroding the credibility of the women accusers.

The stakes are so high that anything is possible.

Yes, and while I saw only part of it, that part showed that the year book thing was phony! Not written by Moore at all. Thorough analysis of it appears to discredit the whole damned thing.

But then, why would I be surprised that the libtard democraPs would resort to such tactics?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thorough analysis of it appears to discredit the whole damned thing.

But then, why would I be surprised that the libtard democraPs would resort to such tactics?

Well... they got away with it when they created a fake .pdf and released it as Obama's birth certificate.... Eek

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
If state legislatures still chose U.S. senators, as they did for most of our history, Alabama might not be having her Moore problems.

Some people need to get some sleep - this has gotten to the point where they're clutching at absurd straws.

After all, what happens when "get along/go along/shut up and submit" type Republicans get control of a state legislature? What happens if there's a Dem legislature and the voters decide they want to send a conservative to DC?

Let dead horses rot in peace.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Check out the photo of the yearbook thing.
Why is part of it black and part of it blue?
If you are going to accuse, have proof that looks believable.
The year is either fake or has been altered or both.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co.../DOjAmMWX4AAKs0H.jpg

The accusers stepson says she is lying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAzrDo5bIxY

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Forgeries, yearbooks, "victim" collusion, car door safety locks, diner parking lots, etc. -- I'm surprised none of the radio talkers are spending any time on this stuff, in fact, they're pointedly avoiding it.

Listening to a bunch of these folks at this time, on the mend from surgery so not that mobile. Frown

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Bear in mind that this all blew up rather recently. Some commentators may have just enough sense to wait for at least some of the dust to settle before opening their mouths on the merits of the allegations.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
If state legislatures still chose U.S. senators, as they did for most of our history, Alabama might not be having her Moore problems. America should repeal the 17th Amendment and go back to having state legislatures choose U.S. senators. Not only that, the repeal should stipulate that senators hold their jobs only at the pleasure of their state legislatures. In other words, state legislatures could sack senators at any time. U.S. senators should be seen as ambassadors of states to the central government in D.C. But with the 17th Amendment, they’ve gone rogue, and have forgotten why they’re in D.C., which is to represent the states.

The great state of Alabama is one of the reddest of red states. It would be a pity if she were represented by someone as out of step with Alabama’s culture as Doug Jones, who would immediately become a lackey of “Cryin’ Chuck” Schumer.

http://www.americanthinker.com...ands_of_alabama.html

Page out of my hymn book! Been saying this for years.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Hell the liberals have got a damned fine lynch mob all set to begin the heretic burnings and the witch drownings. Seems a damned shame to discredit the accusers, despite their plans to write books.

I wrote the above because that is the state to which this entire issue has devolved.

Ryan and McConnell saying Moore is guilty of the claims absent any form of due process is a fucking outrage. They could well be the target of the next claim "he tried to grope/harass/rape/seduce me." Will they then resign their offices? Hardly.

Seriously, if you want people to believe your claim someone violated the sanctity of your person or possessions, make the claim at the time, not decades later.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting to see how this develops before I opined. It's still in process, but what occurs to me now is that regardless of how creepy this Moore may be, he is still not as destructive as any dem. I think that says more about the dems than it does about the judge.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ryan and McConnell saying Moore is guilty of the claims absent any form of due process is a fucking outrage. They could well be the target of the next claim "he tried to grope/harass/rape/seduce me." Will they then resign their offices? Hardly.

Not only will they NOT resign their offices... but they will make YOU pay for the cover-up!

Was that the same Congress that vowed to expel Moore the one that paid $15M in sex harassment claims?

A few days ago, members of Congress vowed to boot Roy Moore out of the Senate for ethical breaches if the Alabama voters dared elect him.

Those are the same members whose Congress, it turns out, shelled out $15 million in sexual harassment claims.

That's a $15-million taxpayer-financed slush fund designed to allow congressmembers to go sex-harassing on their own without penalty. The payouts come from us. According to NTK:

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA) informed NBC's Chuck Todd on Tuesday that $15 million in taxpayer money had been paid out over the years to settle sexual harassment suits filed against members of Congress.

Earlier in the day, Speier testified in front of the House Administration Committee that two members of Congress, a Republican and a Democrat, have engaged in sexual harassment in the past.

Speier confirmed that it is the taxpayers who were on the hook for these miscreants and said she wants changes to be made so that the sex harassers should pay for their own payouts now.

http://www.americanthinker.com...rassment_claims.html

-rduckwor

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Rush's show had 2 recent Alabama polls (after the honeypot eruption) and Moore was up 6 points in 1 and 10 points in the other. Backlash is great!

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Rush's show had 2 recent Alabama polls (after the honeypot eruption) and Moore was up 6 points in 1 and 10 points in the other. Backlash is great!

Music to my ears, as I used to be a 'bama" boy!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
The hoopla is simply driving conservative AL voters to the polls. No one here likes being told by the D.C. mafia what to do.

My hope is that the backlash costs McConnell his seat.

Flake should just shut up, go home and take that tired on loony, John McCain with him.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It's interesting that you should mention that. I took a look at the New York Times today when I stopped in a store. The front page story is that Moore's opponent told the DNC to send him money, but to stay out of Alabama otherwise. Apparently any suggestion that the national Dems are behind his campaign would sink his chances of winning the election.

If that's true, then it's pretty much a straight Moore-on-Jones match.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
If state legislatures still chose U.S. senators, as they did for most of our history, Alabama might not be having her Moore problems.

Some people need to get some sleep - this has gotten to the point where they're clutching at absurd straws.

After all, what happens when "get along/go along/shut up and submit" type Republicans get control of a state legislature? What happens if there's a Dem legislature and the voters decide they want to send a conservative to DC?

Let dead horses rot in peace.

In the history of all bad ideas, way up near the top of that list is: letting politicians choose more politicians.

Granted, I don't want pure democracy either - tyrannies of majorities and all that - but this idea is just as bad, only differently.

No thanks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oh, it's more than that - it's a bad idea we got rid of when we kicked the Brits out because the Brit government wasn't responsive enough. Why various states clung to it after the revolution, I'll never know.

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
In the history of all bad ideas, way up near the top of that list is: letting politicians choose more politicians.

House has to face the voters every two years. A lot easier to throw the bums out if they fail to represent local values.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
A poll by the National Republican Senatorial Committee has Moore down by 12 points. I call fake news on this.
Link

My guess is McConnell is putting pressure on Sessions to be a write in candidate. Sessions won 97% of the vote in 2014 and he certainly would hold the seat. I'm also guessing Sessions wants to stay right where he is.

This poll was designed to put pressure on Sessions to accept the write in. If you don't we are going to lose the seat type of pressure.

McConnell and the establishment would sooner see the dems gain the seat then see Moore in it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post