SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LGBTQ community embraces first bisexual Senate nominee
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LGBTQ community embraces first bisexual Senate nominee Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Given her radical anti-war history (including a poster showing GI’s as terrorists), that’s a sure bet.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
There's no way there hasn't been a closet switch-hitter in the Senate before now.

I second this. I doubt she is the first who played on both sides of the fence. She is just the first who felt the need to talk about it with everyone. It is entirely possible I’ve vited for a bisexual. I wouldn’t know though, as I’ve never looked into the sexual preferences of anyone I’ve voted for beyond ‘are they committing a felony with their tender bits?’

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Most likely Sinema is just giving lip service to being moderate. If she was elected, she would vote as most persons like her do, extremely liberal.

She's definitely lying about being moderate. They all do, ALL of them.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Queers will vote for this dyke because she/he/it legitimizes their existence. “See!, I’m not so weird, there’s others out there just like me (or who I wanna be). There are lots of us out there, so it must be ok. Now where is there a carpet to munch and a stiffie to buy me something to drink or smoke. Yep, I’m a main stream lefty.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Last month CNN reported on the anti-war group* which Sinema co-founded in the early 2000s. The group promoted itself with flyers which depicted a U.S. soldier as a skeleton with a machine gun and which encouraged people to resist “U.S. terror in Iraq and the Middle East.” Sinema claimed she hadn’t drawn the flyers and didn’t approve them but another poster featuring a black tank with a US flag which read “STOP the OILigarchy” featured her personal email address as a point of contact.

Sinema is currently presenting herself as a centrist Democrat who often doesn’t side with the far left. This interview is from a month ago. Her pitch is that she’s running in a purple state and party labels don’t really matter to Arizonans. In other words, please don’t hold my party label against me.

Link

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Senate Dem hopeful Kyrsten Sinema said 'I don't care' if people go to fight for Taliban against US

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...r-taliban-against-us

U.S. Democratic Senate hopeful Kyrsten Sinema said “I don’t care” if people go and fight for the Taliban in Afghanistan in a newly resurfaced radio interview and co-hosted a radio show with a conspiracy theorist who claimed the September 11, 2001 terror attacks were perpetrated by the government, Fox News can reveal.

Sinema appeared on a radio show in February 2003 hosted by Ernest Hancock, a libertarian activist who presented “The Valley of the Sun” program on a local Arizona radio station.

During the interview, Sinema told the host that she didn't object to individuals going abroad and fighting for groups hostile to the U.S.

“As an individual, if I want to go fight in the Taliban army, I go over there, and I’m fighting for the Taliban, I’m saying that’s a personal decision,” Hancock told Sinema, who was then a Green Party activist.

“Fine. I don’t care if you go and do that, go ahead,” she replied, according to the audio recording obtained by Fox News.

Just two months after the interview and a month after the start of the Iraq War, she told the Arizona Republic that “we should feel compassion” for enemy combatants killed in the country.

The Sinema campaign did not respond to Fox News’ multiple requests for a comment.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't care if a candidate is bisexual, asexual, metasexual, trisexual, or whatever. It should only be about his/her/its qualifications.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
first bisexual Senate nominee
How does this contribute the the candidate's ability to do a good job in the Senate?

I couldn't figure out what a trisexual was, so I can safely assume it's for a third party.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
[drift]

I’m surprised to see the A-10 characterized as a fighter aircraft. When I think of fighter jets, it is F-16, F-18, dog fighting, etc.

I think of A-10 as close air support, bombing strafing.

Is the Air Force wrong again?

[/drift]

The AF isn't wrong, whomever referred to the A-10 as a "fighter" is.

The USAF designates the primary role of its aircraft within the nomenclature itself. A stands for attack, F for fighter, C for cargo, B for bomber.

Some are multi-role of course, the navy has the F/A-18 Hornet. The F-117 stealth "fighter" is more attack than fighter, though perhaps it was originally imagined to be used primarily as a "fighter."

Same for the Army, UH-60 Utility Helicopter. AH-64, Attack Helicopter, CH-47 Cargo Helicopter.

Esoteric but I think the confusion arises from the fact that the squadron she commanded is in fact designated a fighter squadron, which has a long combat history and a long list of fighter aircraft dating to WWII. The 354th Fighter Squadron. The way they look at it, a fighter squadron is a fighter squadron, the A10 just happens to be the airplane they are flying right now. To make things more confusing, A10 pilots are in fact trained fighter pilots who just happen to be flying an A10. The Air Force also refers to units that do battle with the enemy as combat aviation units.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:Hancock told Sinema, who was then a Green Party activist.

Hangin' out with the Greens...if that's not a clue to where she stands Roll Eyes

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Tucson TV ads and on posted signs, Sinema is being billed as an "Independent or Moderate", but no mention of her party affiliate or her sexual preference.

Those in the know however, are familiar with her Liberal background in Phoenix.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I just filled out my early ballot, and there is a definite blank box next to Sinema. McSally FTW.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Arizona voters shattered a lavender ceiling in selecting Kyrsten Sinema as the Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate,” said the LGBTQ Victory Fund."

Look, I disagree whole heartedly with the notion of homosexuality but ultimately it is a private matter and none of my business.
The above comment is an example of what is even worse as it removes privacy and installs it as a political event by promoting it. Roll Eyes
Candidates need to stick to other real issues, IMO. Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Candidates need to stick to other real issues, IMO. Eek

I agree wholeheartedly. McSally got my vote because Sinema is a flaming liberal.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't care if a candidate is bisexual, asexual, metasexual, trisexual, or whatever. It should only be about his/her/its qualifications.

I consider "sanity" one of the "qualifications".

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post