SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LGBTQ community embraces first bisexual Senate nominee
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LGBTQ community embraces first bisexual Senate nominee Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
This could be huge for bi-partisanship. If she wins, she should strap on and prepare to reach around the aisle.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
This could be huge for bi-partisanship. If she wins, she should strap on and prepare to reach around the aisle.

I LOL'ed just a bit

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^^ M11?

Knowing zero about issues or sexuality, I'd vote for the one on the right.

Look, an issue more important than this hippie-chicks bedroom preferences.

M9.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Reading that article I did a double-take on “broke the lavender ceiling.”

What the actual fuck? There is a lavender ceiling now?

And as everyone has said - don’t vote for her because she will do a good job or is qualified - vote for her because of her IDENTITY! Yeah, you run with that, libtards. See how it works for you outside of San Francisco.

And ERJ Pilot I love how you have been working “front hole” into your posts lately. Well done!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^^ M11?

Knowing zero about issues or sexuality, I'd vote for the one on the right.

Look, an issue more important than this hippie-chicks bedroom preferences.

M9.

It is a gun forum, right? Her sidearm is way more interesting than her sexual preference(s) to me.

As DF said it's way more risky to come out as white cisgender, male, conservative, Trump supporter.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
There's no way there hasn't been a closet switch-hitter in the Senate before now.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I was thinking M9 too

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
The LGBTQ community will embrace Sinema, lickety split!

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't care if a candidate is bisexual, asexual, metasexual, trisexual, or whatever. It should only be about his/her/its qualifications.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
first bisexual Senate nominee
How does this contribute the the candidate's ability to do a good job in the Senate?

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
[drift]

I’m surprised to see the A-10 characterized as a fighter aircraft. When I think of foghter jets, it is F-16, F-18, dog fighting, etc.

I think of A-10 as close air support, bombing strafing.

Is the Air Force wrong again?

[/drift]

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:
Isn't being just bisexual a bit tame these days for the LGBTQ-XYZ community, and the far left Democrats?

The bi's are on the outs with the community, as it seems to imply that there are only two genders.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
The "Blade" is the official newspaper? How apropos.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...hingarizona-n2527580

Democrats' Arizona Senate Nominee Caught on Tape Bashing...Arizona

Yesterday, we touched on the Arizona Senate race, wondering if a new poll showing Republican Martha McSally bouncing out to a six-point lead is an outlier or a trend. The GOP has sought to highlight Democrat Kyrsten Sinema's past radicalism -- she protested the Afghanistan war in a pink tutu, and her organization portrayed American soldiers as murderous skeletons inflicting "US terror" -- as well as her biographical...shall we say, enhancements.

But in a blue-tinted year, with Democrats highly motivated, Sinema has held onto a modest lead. It will be fascinating to see whether she will maintain that lead post-Kavanaugh, and after this clip makes its way into the bloodstream, via news coverage and inevitable attack ads:

video at link

Democratic Senate candidate @kyrstensinema mocks Arizonans as “Crazy” and calls Arizona the “crazy” state.

The "crazy" lines aren't helpful, especially when she attributes her state's supposed insanity to one factor: "They're called Republicans," eliciting laughter and applause from a leftist crowd. Remember, she's trying to run as a moderate, cross-partisan uniter. Part of her potential victory coalition must include a chunk of Republican voters. But the most brutal line is this one, delivered in an out-of-state speech to liberal activists:

"I want to talk to you about some of the things that I think that you can do to stop your state from becoming Arizona.”

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
bisexual Senate nominee
Nope, no such thing. Not a very difficult choice who to vote for in this race, assuming one is 'not' mentally ill.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Sinema's getting financial backing from Mounds and Almond Joy.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Giggity...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
[drift]

I’m surprised to see the A-10 characterized as a fighter aircraft. When I think of fighter jets, it is F-16, F-18, dog fighting, etc.

I think of A-10 as close air support, bombing strafing.

Is the Air Force wrong again?

[/drift]

The AF isn't wrong, whomever referred to the A-10 as a "fighter" is.

The USAF designates the primary role of its aircraft within the nomenclature itself. A stands for attack, F for fighter, C for cargo, B for bomber.

Some are multi-role of course, the navy has the F/A-18 Hornet. The F-117 stealth "fighter" is more attack than fighter, though perhaps it was originally imagined to be used primarily as a "fighter."

Same for the Army, UH-60 Utility Helicopter. AH-64, Attack Helicopter, CH-47 Cargo Helicopter.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
In any case, I like a woman who gets down and dirty...with close air support.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
She's kinda hot !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most likely Sinema is just giving lip service to being moderate. If she was elected, she would vote as most persons like her do, extremely liberal.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post