SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Berkeley ....The cancer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Berkeley ....The cancer Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
If this has been posted previous, please delete.

Seems the trendy masked thugs dressed in black, just have to have their fun.

This could be stopped. It would be a holy uproar, but it probably wouldn't happen very often again.

Or either it would tip the scales of unrest to what they really want.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...rayer-rally-n2373810

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Berserkeley is ground zero of the Leftist revolution.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have a nephew there. Loafer. Probably one of the useful idiots.

Posts: 26903 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
To me, if you show up to protest with your face covered, that should be open game on your ass. You obviously came to cause problems.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Problem is, they believe they hold the intellectual and moral high ground.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:

I wonder if there is anything so dangerous as a fool erroneously convinced of his own intellect. A full vessel can receive no more.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I wonder how they would deal with a 100 combat veterans marching into town for a little rally on say, Freedom of Speech. You know, one of the freedoms they defended with their service.

I don't think they would gain a lot of sympathy cost to coast if they tried to make veterans shut up and go away.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I remember they had a march there about a month and a half ago, I think it was a free speech march, some of the antifa turds were throwing bottles with lit m80's at the marchers. A Marine caught some 20 something woman about to throw the bottle, reached out and coldcocked her across the jaw, she fell like a log. Pictures I saw later showed her boyfriend in little better shape. Berkelstan should have all federal funds pulled from it, if all this is what they produce.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The goons in black are doing nothing more than playing dress up and pretending they're revolutionaries. The cops stand down and watch. If the little trust fund twerps met real resistance they'd crumble.

The cops bag checked everybody trying to enter the protest area on the edge of campus. The conservatives entered and exited without means to defend themselves. The cowards in black waited and attacked the unarmed.

The progressives are now in a tough spot. They preach non violence yet they've been infiltrated by folks looking for nothing but violence.

I say we lock the Antifa, black bloc, BAMN crowd in a room with the nazis and white nationalists and let them work out their differences. Whoever survives gets stuck with charges for the body count.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Define Irony:

In the 60's, 70's & 80's the Liberals and their core at Berkley fought against Conservative censorship, laws, rules, and theories in support of the First Amendment right to Freedom of Speech in the streets and in the courts. They sided with the Neo-Nazis and KKK in many of these court battles and assured they had the legal right to secure a permit, stand in a public square, and spew their hateful rhetoric.

Today the Liberals and their Berkley core are trying to stamp out Feedom of Speech, free thought, hate, and pretty much everything they fought for decades earlier, somehow making conservatives the bad guys yet again.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's not the problem. The problem is that they are mistaken.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:

That's not the problem. The problem is that they are mistaken.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/jiGsHCpBGg4

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
This is a persistent topic of conversation on the Ben Shapiro podcast (highly recommended). He's going to be speaking there in a couple of weeks should be interesting how Berkley handles it.

Personally I want to see heads roll (metaphorically speaking) because it's clear the leadership (the mayor and head of the college) have their own agenda but there is NO excuse for disallowing police to DO THEIR JOB of protecting the public. These shenanigans can only go on for so long before something blows up (again metaphorically speaking).

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Berkeley PD saw the AntiFa assholes coming up to the free-speech protest and decided it was better and safer to back off and let them in rather than try to hold them back Mad. Then AntiFa proceeds to pepper spray and beat up people.

Even seasoned news reporters were shocked by this.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, they have to start easy where the populace is unarmed and meek.

I don't see it going well once they reach NV, AZ, and other free states.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
If you've lost Berkley....

http://www.breitbart.com/calif...erkeley-antifa-gang/

Berkeley mayor Jesse Arreguin is calling for “Antifa” — the so-called “anti-fascist” group that proudly uses violence to silence views with which it does not agree — to be classified as a street gang by police.

Arreguin’s comments came after hundreds of Antifa activists jumped police barricades on Sunday and assaulted right-wing protesters, injuring five. National media generally reported that Antifa had initiated the violence.

CBS San Francisco reported:

“I think we should classify them as a gang,” said Arreguin. “They come dressed in uniforms. They have weapons, almost like a militia and I think we need to think about that in terms of our law enforcement approach.”

Arreguin said that while he does not support the far right, it was time to draw the line on the left as well, especially on the black-clad activists who showed up in force and took over both the protests and the park, and played a part in Sunday’s violent clashes.

The mayor said it was also time for the non-violent protesters to take a stand.

“We also need to hold accountable and encourage people not to associate with these extremists because it empowers them and gives them cover,” said Arreguin.

The mayor’s criticism of Antifa, however, was not to be mistaken for a defense of free speech. Arreguin also called for a “Free Speech Week” scheduled by conservative students at the University of California Berkeley to be canceled, suggesting that the presence of conservative speakers provokes violence.

advertisement

In February, Arreguin appeared to side with violent demonstrators at UC Berkeley who shut down a planned speech by then-Breitbart News Tech editor Milo Yiannopoulos, tweeting that “Hate speech isn’t welcome in our community.” He later smeared Yiannopoulos as a “white nationalist,” for which he later apologized.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I wonder if there is anything so dangerous as a fool erroneously convinced of his own intellect. A full vessel can receive no more.

try this one on for size.. I've heard them compare themselves to WW2 vets.. with Nazi's and all. Not kidding.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
More comparable to the Sturmabteilung, I think.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
Don't they treat cancer with radiation? An A-bomb has radiation. So, if we drop an A-bomb on Berkley, in theory, it would be a good start.

When did we start letting these candy-asses start controlling what we do? Charge them as terrorists or something. Stop letting them get away with it.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:

AFAIK, the real ground zero is Columbia University, that's where the Frankfurt School went when hitler took power in Germany. The spread of this communist cancer in academia started there.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post