SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More than 100 shots fired in Tuscaloosa parking deck during fight between 2 females; suspects sought
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More than 100 shots fired in Tuscaloosa parking deck during fight between 2 females; suspects sought Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://www.al.com/news/birming...ncart_river_home_pop

Investigators are trying to identify at least one suspect after more than 100 shots were fired inside a Tuscaloosa parking deck.

The incident happened late last month. On Thursday, the Tuscaloosa County Metro Homicide Unit released images captured on surveillance cameras.

About 11:20 p.m. on July 23, Tuscaloosa police were dispatched to the parking deck at 2330 Jack Warner Parkway on a report of shots fired. The initial callers told police more than 40 shots had been fired from the top of the deck, and several cars were seen fleeing the area.

Capt. Kip Hart said when officers arrived, they found more than 100 shell casings, and several bullet holes in the part of the building attached to the deck. A short time later, officers were called to meet with two people who said their vehicles had been shot into while they were in the deck.

Surveillance video reviewed by police showed more than 20 vehicles pulling onto the top floor of the deck, Hart said. Investigators learned two females had agree to fight on the top floor and a crowd was gathering there to watch.

The two females started to fight, and then several others began to fight, Hart said. At some point, gunfire erupted. The video shows at least two people shooting at vehicles as they are leaving the deck.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably football players from Auburn.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Place your bets on the usual suspects..............

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Screen grab from surveillance video of one suspect...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I guess I've never heard of a "parking deck" but now I know to stay away from them.

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I guess I've never heard of a "parking deck" but now I know to stay away from them.

It's like a flight deck, but with cars.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Well bless their hearts.

Posts: 18056 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
*suggestion*

Rotate gun 90° clockwise (counterclockwise if lefty) hit factor goes way up.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Let me guess - Betty Jane Smith fought Susie-Mae Jones over a secret fudge recipe for the upcoming church social. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Multi-level parking garage?

How do they know those "more than 100 shell casings" were from that particular incident, and not leftovers from previous ones?

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:

Parking garage. Different term for it, like do you say 'soda', 'pop', or 'coke' (even if it's not Coke).

I've only heard it in some places.

I'll bet we know what the sports fans look like. (Did they distort the stills from the security video on purpose? Do they think it fools anyone? How do they expect anyone to identify people from the video when they do that?)

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Over 100 rounds and not a single verified hit? They weren't trying very hard, were they?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Let me guess - Betty Jane Smith fought Susie-Mae Jones over a secret fudge recipe for the upcoming church social. . .

Hilarious!!! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
quote:

Parking garage. Different term for it, like do you say 'soda', 'pop', or 'coke' (even if it's not Coke).

I've only heard it in some places.

I'll bet we know what the sports fans look like. (Did they distort the stills from the security video on purpose? Do they think it fools anyone? How do they expect anyone to identify people from the video when they do that?)

I say that they do it on purpose. Many, many, many moons ago I worked in the security field. I worked at a bank and later a Utilities Company. We had security cameras that could read a cars license plate number, in the dark 6 blocks away.

Still shots in the dark mind you, looked like a professional photographer took them with a high end camera. So yeah, I'm sure that the blurred distorted shots are on purpose, trying to cover the race of the shirtbirds.

Or just maybe, they installed 35+ year old security cameras and that's the best it can do.....

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Over 100 rounds and not a single verified hit? They weren't trying very hard, were they?

Must have taken weapons training here.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Doubtful it was church ladies. Church ladies would have brought artillery.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Can't you just hear the Benny Hill "Yakety Sax" sound track?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Judging by the rims on the Chevy, I'm guessing rouge Boy Scouts sticking up for former Girl Scout girlfriends.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

[/b]

The car on the upper left with the taillights visible looks like a Charger or Challenger. That is standard issue for their 4 star football signees. It might make sense to compare these pics to the ones on the team roster.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It always seems that the 95% of them are still giving the 5% a bad name.......

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post