SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Once again, the police are at fault..oh wait...no, that's wrong
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Once again, the police are at fault..oh wait...no, that's wrong Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Use of Force is never pretty, and it is rarely perfectly executed.

That's for damn sure. Back in the old days I carried sap gloves, a 16 oz slapper, PR 24, yawara stick, lockback knife, and training from an old school DT instructor who taught us that all fights should last 10 seconds or less. I don't advocate excessive force, but enough overwhelming force to end the fight very quickly. I am convinced that breaking a crook's arm or coldcocking him at the start of the fight will prevent you having to shoot him at the end of it. Dominating the suspect from the start with overwhelming force does not seem to be acceptable in today's environment. Today's environment will not tolerate

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
The political climate is just not going to allow a full-on whip ass regardless of the emotions.
The "political climate" may very well get a whole lotta people killed in the long run. Society as a whole is only going to take so much of this BS out of the human waste floating around before people opt to take measures into their own hands. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the government (via the police and other agencies) won't maintain the peace and protect those paying the tab, those paying the tab will opt to take care of themselves, which could result in a lot of body bags being necessary to deal with the aftermath.

Yep, we’re only going to take so much....
...any day now....
Have you personally had to deal with this sort of violence on a regular basis yet? No, me neither. But its coming if those in government don't take steps to change the paradigm. But make no mistake, if everyday people who are untouched by this BS now start to feel it coming down on them, they will react. It will be a basic human reaction, and it will happen at some point.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Reading the use of force regulations as described above by those who serve, it seems the only acceptable thing the officers are allowed to do is be human punching bags until the guy gets tired. If they defend themselves, they risk getting reprimanded or fired. Concern for risk to the officers is not even considered by the many who play Monday morning quarterback from the safety of their mahogany panelled offices.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post