SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Once again, the police are at fault..oh wait...no, that's wrong
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Once again, the police are at fault..oh wait...no, that's wrong Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I follow this guy's videos- Donut Operator. He's an ex-cop. Here's a video about an incident in Raleigh. As usual, the idiot's family blames the police, even though the bodycam video tells the tale. Typical, to say the least. No accountability, even though every speck of this is baby boy's fault. Every single speck.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
We need body cams cause cops are racist and corrupt!

Wait, body cams is racist and cops is still corrupt! Roll Eyes

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How'd you manage to watch the video that quickly? That's a 7 minute clip.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Sorry, didn’t watch the whole thing. Did I miss something skipping ahead a few times?

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Damn that guy was on some powerful crap.
I wish they would have had a dog to bring this clown under control.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
No questions asked, if he were biting me or a family memeber like that, I would have shot him to stop the threat.

I am nothing short of amazed that they didn’t shoot him. That family should be grateful that He is still alive and thank the police...and apologize for what they had to go through that day...and then thank them again.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my god what a mess. those batons looked useless. "We're going to need a bigger stick," comes to mind really quickly.

He is so lucky they had cool heads. If anything called for an escalation of force, that would be it.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Damn that guy was on some powerful crap.
I wish they would have had a dog to bring this clown under control.

Dude would have bitten the dog. He's just full on cra-cra and the po-po need to start helping with his rehabilitation, 'cause, you know, they're there for that.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
No questions asked, if he were biting me or a family memeber like that, I would have shot him to stop the threat.

I am nothing short of amazed that they didn’t shoot him.

Ankle-biting isn't serious physical injury or death. That is not a deadly force situation.

In this case, the officer that he was biting wasn't injured. She says at the end that she's fine and doesn't need medical attention.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Boston:
my god what a mess. those batons looked useless.

Yep. Light and flimsy collapsible batons are useful as back scratchers, window breakers, and reach extenders, and can be potentially handy for intimidation in certain situations, or for some specific control techniques if you have the specialized training. But they're near-useless as pain compliance impact weapons.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

Ankle-biting isn't serious physical injury or death. Not a deadly force situation.

The officer wasn't even injured. She says at the end that she's fine and doesn't need medical attention.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Boston:
my god what a mess. those batons looked useless.

Yep. Light and flimsy collapsible batons are useful as back-scratchers, window breakers, and reach-extenders, and can be handy for intimidation in certain situations, or for some specific control techniques if you have the specialized training. But they're near-useless as pain compliance impact weapons.

Ever been bitten by someone HIV positive? With hepatitis?

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
He didn't break the skin. I suspect he had a mouthful of pants and/or boot.

Biting could potentially be a deadly force situation, depending on where/how they're biting (carotid artery, etc.).

Just like putting hands on someone in certain places could be a deadly force situation (choking, etc.).

But you can't use deadly force just because someone puts their hands on you anywhere, or just because they bite you somewhere. Especially when they're just getting a mouthful of other materials and it's not causing any injury.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
De institutionalization of mental hospitals was a big mistake for this country and the mental patients.Most of them end up in a jail or prison who are not designed to care for them.

The Police did what they had to do.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Denationalization of mental hospitals was a big mistake for this country and the mental patients. Most of them end up in a jail or prison who are not designed to care for them.

You hit the nail on the head here. The sad reality is there are members of society (use to be referred to as insane - insert whatever buzzword P.C. definition now) who were incapable of supporting themselves or posed too big a danger to be out in the public domain.

In this situation, these cops were fortunate to have 6 cops on scene in a short amount of time. These calls suck when its just you and your partner and you're waiting for the calvary to arrive.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
The females were useless. So minus them 4 guys. Two wouldn't go hands on.
They certainly did better than i would have. I'd stomped his head ....

I have both my Pops ISSUED lead slap jacks. A beat cop black and a nice tan with name in gold lettering.
Back when they would take the fight right out of the targets.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Holy eff - he was dropping them officers with those hail makers. Daumn.

His family should, in a world of reality and sanity, be thanking the po-po for not deadifying the guy by letting all of his red stuff out.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Ankle-biting isn't serious physical injury or death. That is not a deadly force situation.
1v1 and that would be a different story.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I get what I think you're trying to say, Rhino. But it's not the ankle biting specifically that would make deadly force potentially justifiable in a 1v1 situation. His large size and other violent attacks could be the justification, especially for a substantially smaller/weaker officer.

Even 1v1, if you had him held down on the ground and he merely started gnawing on your boot as in the video, that doesn't green-light deadly force.

esdunbar specifically pointed to "biting like that" as automatically justifying deadly force, "no questions asked". And that's simply not the case. Even in a 1v1 scenario.

I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
At one point I'm thinking -- park with a tire on his arm. But the situation is too fluid and that is just wishful thinking.
Going forward, if the courts are going to let the mentally challenged roam freely, the next time tasering does not work -- cattle prod and or 12 gauge bean-bag. Repeat as necessary.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustyblade:
the next time tasering does not work -- cattle prod and or 12 gauge bean-bag

Pain compliance measures like collapsible baton strikes, bean bag rounds, or some Taser deployments are frequently ineffective on folks who are under the influence, or who are mentally unstable.

Tasers, if everything works right (which it often doesn't), have an additional effect of incapacitating the muscles, in addition to just the pain. That can sometimes be effective for a brief period, even if the pain itself isn't enough to induce compliance.

But if both the incapacitation and pain aspects of Tasers don't work, then merely inflicting different pain with a bean bag round is unlikely to work as well.

Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
All I can say is thank-you to those who are willing to serve and protect — including those in my own family — and deal with this shite on a daily basis.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post