SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    'I'll put a bullet in your head': Fistfight nearly erupts on final day of contentious legislative session
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'I'll put a bullet in your head': Fistfight nearly erupts on final day of contentious legislative session Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
The Lege is at it again.

Too complicated to copy and paste, some video, too.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You make us Mississippi boys look good! Third world countries have brawls on a regular basis.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
They are frequently entertaining aren't they?
I read that and couldn't keep this scene out of my head:

Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/UAeqVGP-GPM

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
The short version:

Texas legislature is debating a bill to ban sanctuary cities. Lots of protesters on the Capitol grounds, some with signs calling themselves out as illegal aliens.

Republican on the floor of the chamber: I am going to call ICE to round up these illegals.

Democrat responds: I will get you on your way to your car.

Republican responds: And I will shoot you.

Tussle ensues......

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
They need to take it to email.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
They need to take it to email.

But, email won't accept bullet.

Q

Posts: 26388 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Drain the Swamp.

At every level of government.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
But, email won't accept bullet.

That's OK. Bullet points are probably more their style - especially in what promises to eventually be described by all parties and observers as a "complicated" situation.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
"always put a bullet in the brain...."

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Oh, it's Texas...

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
The short version:

Texas legislature is debating a bill to ban sanctuary cities. Lots of protesters on the Capitol grounds, some with signs calling themselves out as illegal aliens.

Republican on the floor of the chamber: I am going to call ICE to round up these illegals.

Democrat responds: I will get you on your way to your car.

Republican responds: And I will shoot you.

Tussle ensues......
Mostly correct except that the bill passed a whole ago and has already been signed into law by the governor. The protesters are there because the purple Texas people see the law as a ralying cry and today was the last day of the regular session.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
Three in the head you know they're dead.

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dueling should be made legal again. People would be more willing to think before they speak.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sonny says it best:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stay classy TX...

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's amazing how Democrats have managed to turn things upside down. When we are talking about immigration now, we are almost never talking about actual immigration. Immigration is a lawful, orderly process, by which those from other countries manage to achieve citizenship in the United States.

But what we are talking about now-- and calling it "immigration"-- is the incursion of aliens into America. We don't know who they are, we don't know anything about them, but not only are we supposed to just let them keep coming-- we are bigots if we demand that they follow the law!

It's amazing, really.

It's as if they have a right to violate the law. We are stigmatized for objecting.

Up is down. Wrong is right.

Where's the comet?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
It's amazing how Democrats have managed to turn things upside down. When we are talking about immigration now, we are almost never talking about actual immigration. Immigration is a lawful, orderly process, by which those from other countries manage to achieve citizenship in the United States.

But what we are talking about now-- and calling it "immigration"-- is the incursion of aliens into America. We don't know who they are, we don't know anything about them, but not only are we supposed to just let them keep coming-- we are bigots if we demand that they follow the law!

It's amazing, really.

It's as if they have a right to violate the law. We are stigmatized for objecting.

Up is down. Wrong is right.

Where's the comet?

Isaiah 5

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:

23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!

24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the Lord of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
He called ICE on the protesters with signs saying "I'm illegal and here to stay."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Gotta love his style! Big Grin

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
^^^

This. That is truly awesome. Here to stay, huh? Let's see what ICE says about that

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
He called ICE on the protesters with signs saying "I'm illegal and here to stay."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Gotta love his style! Big Grin
Yeah, Thug Life right there. Nothing but respect for that guy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post