SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dashcam video of fleeing vehicle crashing into a triple semi
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dashcam video of fleeing vehicle crashing into a triple semi Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted
This is from yesterday. Sparks fly about 17 seconds in.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46321...er-4-people-arrested

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That was like a clown car scene, you wondered how many people were going to come out of the car...

Posts: 23241 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
That was like a clown car scene, you wondered how many people were going to come out of the car...

Looks to me like 4 Asians/Asian-Americans. Were they Hispanic, would have been at least twice that number Big Grin

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
worried about the truck driver !

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
So maybe the driver was trying his best imitaion of the Brian O'Conner Fast N Furious old school move, diving under the Semi Trailer, he just didn't have his ride low enough...

Posts: 23241 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Until I saw the officers with weapons drawn I thought maybe the little unintentionally changed lanes into the semi.

That cars will still driving by when bullets may fly was a bit surprising.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

The school passing by was surprising. Imagine defending yourself with that behind your target. Being on the freeway at that time of the morning it may have been empty, but how would one know for sure?

There is a lot involved with being a LEO.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
VTEC kicked in, yo!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey, they got places to be, yo.

Although sometimes it may be safer to be a moving target than a stationary backstop.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
What is traffic supposed to do? The whole incident started as a chase and quickly evolved into pulling people out of the wrecked car. It’s not as if the road was closed or that someone approaching the scene would know what was happening until they drove past the stop. At that point it was definitely better to keep moving rather than sit next to the scene with traffic approaching from behind.

Except briefly for one point near the beginning and then at the end with multiple officers, the officers appear to be positioned so that any lines of fire would have been parallel to the road, or even toward the barriers on the right. The most obvious Geeze, guys! was at the end when three officers formed a circular firing squad, with two in a straight line with each other and the arrestee in the middle.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Wonder who is going to pay for all the damage

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
How's the trucker?

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
That was my concern, too !

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Wonder who is going to pay for all the damage

Very unlikely the people that caused it.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
How's the trucker?
He is fine. No one was injured.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Didn't the guy with the dash cam run the light? It was red when he went under.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post