SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Portland leftist trash blocking traffic
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portland leftist trash blocking traffic Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
But for a young officer with a family and not a lot of reserve cash on hand, the prospect of losing your job can be a pretty powerful motivator.

Aren't law enforcement departments all over the country crying for people to fill the ranks?

ISTM that if you want to be a cop, there should be more than enough departments in the country where you can actually be a cop.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/...ortland_2685240.html

KOIN 6 news reported that police didn’t intervene even through protesters were affecting traffic.

Portland Police Bureau spokesman Sgt. Chris Burley said that the police were taking into account the protesters’ First Amendment rights of free speech and free assembly, as well as the impact the protests had on the Portland community.

The driver later reported to the police that a total of $3,000 of damage was made to his car

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that police officer as mentioned in another thread here, the one that carries 145 rounds, might be on to something.

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
I speculate that the leftist government encourages this behavior and has a hands-off policy in the hope that a gun will be drawn and used.

It's obvious they are trying to incite violence and are hoping for a gun to be used but they would be happy enough to have a major riot break out between the factions and then blame the Trump supporters.

I am surprised this has not happened yet to be honest. It must be frustrating the hell out of the organizers of these antifa dolts that they have been unable to spark the flame. That's why the rhetoric is being ratcheted up. They want something to happen before the mid terms.

My wife was at the Trump rally last summer. She said the antifa knew exactly how far they could go. They would get in someones face and personal space but was careful not to initiate any body contact. They want you to be the one to make first contact.

People have said the Bikers For Trump needs to ride in and clear out the traffic blocks these fools are creating. That would be the worst thing that could happen.

Now 50 or so Hell's Angels get randomly caught up just trying to go from point A to B and split some skulls would be a joy to watch and nothing that could be pinned on the Trumpers.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

KOIN 6 news reported that police didn’t intervene even through protesters were affecting traffic.

Portland Police Bureau spokesman Sgt. Chris Burley said that the police were taking into account the protesters’ First Amendment rights of free speech and free assembly, as well as the impact the protests had on the Portland community.

The driver later reported to the police that a total of $3,000 of damage was made to his car

What a lame excuse!! Their freedoms do not include imposing on all of ours. Very simple, get on the sidewalk with your permit, and no one will feel threatened and need to plow thru Mad

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately this Officer’s performance is what the voting public of Portland and Multnomah County have demonstrated that they want. By electing an anti-law enforcement, pro-antifa Mayor, City Council and Sheriff, and appointing Danielle Outlaw as their Chief of Police, the message has been sent to the rank and file Officers that protestors need to be left alone and allowed do what they want.

That Officer could and should have waded into that traffic scrum, but he would have been doing so without the support of his Department or the City administration. Getting involved would have been the right thing to do, but as soon as it turned into a use of force incident, which it surely would have, he would be pilloried in the media and hung out to dry for violating the rights of the protestors.

No win situation for anyone. And it sucks.

Posts: 311 | Location: California | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The widely used oath embraced by the International Association of Chiefs of Police reads, "On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions."

Hello?

McFly??

Roll Eyes

What is the point of going through that theater if it means NOTHING?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Ask the bullying mob what they think about bullying.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

What a lame excuse!! Their freedoms do not include imposing on all of ours. Very simple, get on the sidewalk with your permit, and no one will feel threatened and need to plow thru Mad

If Portland PD +/or Mayor does not understand the difference between our individual rights and a mob abusing them, they should be reassigned to their level of incompetence.

Worse yet, if they choose to ignore the difference to support a particular side, they should be held accountable as an accomplice for damage or injury, as well as what they may have violated in codes or regs. The ethics of this sucks, and for a city to tolerate this w/o questioning officials is sickening.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Found a little follow up. They nailed him good.

"Strickland brought lots of bullets -- 123 -- to the protest with him, prosecutors said. He didn't fire off any rounds during the incident.

The trial was watched by both gun proponents and opponents.

During jury selection, after listening to an afternoon of prospective jurors criticize guns during the voir dire process, Strickland decided to forgo a jury trial and instead let the judge decide his case."

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if the cops don't do anything to stop the violence, I guess it must be safe to assume that they're now passive participants in the protest

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The widely used oath embraced by the International Association of Chiefs of Police reads, "On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions."

Hello?

McFly??

Roll Eyes

What is the point of going through that theater if it means NOTHING?

Exactly
Our Son who is LEO, SWAT, designated sniper, sent me this, this morning.
“Accelerate Justice”
Good copy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmoid,

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Found a little follow up. They nailed him good.

"Strickland brought lots of bullets -- 123 -- to the protest with him, prosecutors said. He didn't fire off any rounds during the incident.

The trial was watched by both gun proponents and opponents.

During jury selection, after listening to an afternoon of prospective jurors criticize guns during the voir dire process, Strickland decided to forgo a jury trial and instead let the judge decide his case."

GUILTY!!!!.....of being prepared. The man was doomed the second he decided to take personal responsibility for his own safety.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
21 felony counts for that shit??? What a goddamn joke.

Good to know how it will go down if one of ours tries to defend themselves. Adjust your tactics accordingly.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I saw a guy with an extendable baton strike a vehicle at the end of the second video posted. Non-violent/non-threatening protest goes out the window when you show up with weapons.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I saw a guy with an extendable baton strike a vehicle at the end of the second video posted. Non-violent/non-threatening protest goes out the window when you show up with weapons.

Yep. And Strickland claimed they came after him with a flag pole and multiple people. He still got 21 felony counts for his trouble.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yep. And Strickland claimed they came after him with a flag pole and multiple people. He still got 21 felony counts for his trouble.

Maybe 100,000 or more justice loving conservatives should "protest" at the facility they're holding him at like the lefties did at ICE a few months back until they release him and drop the charges.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The Portland Police are going to get people killed by thier inaction.

This time I doubt it will stop with a single person such as Reginald Denny taking the fall for lack of Police response.

If your to young to remember what happened when Mr. Denny stopped for a mob, YouTube it to gain a bit of perspective on history.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:

I never thought for one minute that many of these protesters came to these protests unarmed under their jackets or in their back packs.

They know what they are trying to incite and at least some of them are going to be prepared.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Jones asked about the power leftists have in blue states. Well they have the cops on their side here. And it's coming to every blue city. Local government forces the cops to stand down for the radicals, and arrest the honest Joe who just wants to carry on their life. Good cops who hate it move, those who don't care or support it stay.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post