SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Portland leftist trash blocking traffic
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portland leftist trash blocking traffic Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Im wondering why the rank and file officers (im not really, I know its about money)havent stood up against this crap en masse. I would imagine having 90% of your dept show up at the mayors office offering to turn in their badges would create some changes. (aint gonna happen with people who care more about their paycheck than anything else.)
Portlands fucked until this situation escalates beyond the city council and the mayor.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Maybe not for you, I don't know you. But for a young officer with a family and not a lot of reserve cash on hand, the prospect of losing your job can be a pretty powerful motivator. Just sayin, y'know?

No, I don't know what you're sayin.
My honor is not for sale at any price.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Virgil Earp didnt stand for this shit, nether should Portland PD..

“Hold on nothin'! I walk around this town and look these people in the eyes. It's just like someone's slappin' me in the face! These people are afraid to walk down the street, and I'm tryin' to make money off that like some goddamn vulture! If we're gonna have a future in this town, it's gotta have some law and order!”

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just can't wrap my head around being in a position of authority like that cop and just watching this all go down.

Those poor people in the cars were caught completely off guard and unprepared to deal with that hostile environment.

Being screamed at, threatened, having there vehicles (which they probably barely could afford to make payments on being the cost of living there is so high) damaged.

Just watching that video I felt so bad for them.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The OP video is now "unavailable"

update: OP link now works. thanks

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Taxpayers pay his salary, if he is not going to do it there is no reason for him to be employed, he was hired to do a job, do it. If he got fired for doing it, take it to court and TV. Cockroaches, criminals, and political people hate the spotlight, will do anything to get out of it.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As mentioned before, if the cops won't help, you could help yourself......except you can't.

There was a story floating around a while ago about a guy that was covering one of the protests up there and had a mob come after him for one reason or another.

He pulled his piece out and they ran away. He was arrested right there.

Last I heard the courts were really putting the screws to him. He didn't even shoot anyone.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The OP video is now "unavailable"
In that case, link removed. The video can be found online, though. It's all over the place.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
When you value money over the law you supposedly took an oath to support, you are no longer a law enforcement officer.

You are a mercenary.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
As mentioned before, if the cops won't help, you could help yourself......except you can't.

There was a story floating around a while ago about a guy that was covering one of the protests up there and had a mob come after him for one reason or another.

Last I heard the courts were really putting the screws to him. He didn't even shoot anyone.

Jeez, I hope the officer that got off his well paid ass feels like a hero for busting that guy. He cant have people around that would actually be willing to use a gun for its intended purpose.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Remember that besides being cops, they're also people who have families and mortgages and all the other obligations that you and I have. Would you walk away from a decent career because you're occasionally told to do something you disagree with?

I did and two more assholes reported for jail yesterday from my sacrifice.

I fared just fine in the aftermath. I can never teach ever again, but I can live with myself.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

Jeez, I hope the officer that got off his well paid ass feels like a hero for busting that guy. He cant have people around that would actually be willing to use a gun for its intended purpose.

https://www.oregonlive.com/por..._pulled_gun_out.html

Found a little follow up. They nailed him good.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Here is the video with the additional footage of the car that "plowed" Roll Eyes thru the atfifa terrorists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...inue=2&v=sq-dcJrnGTM

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Video is back up.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
21 felony counts for that shit??? What a goddamn joke.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from the OP video

watching the whole thing
less than 100' away

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
21 felony counts for that shit??? What a goddamn joke.

I guess the moral of this thread could be: one way or another, if you find yourself in the middle of a protest in Portland, your going to have a bad day.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Watching the police ALLOW this violence enrages me.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I speculate that the leftist government encourages this behavior and has a hands-off policy in the hope that a gun will be drawn and used.

And then they will use this to continue to feed regulations against 2A - ban guns at the state level, not just the city level.

I would LOVE to see a city official, state gov official get caught up in one of these traffic blocks. Miss some important mtg, dinner, function. Miss a flight. Can't get the hospital in time. Whatever.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

...I would LOVE to see a city official, state gov official get caught up in one of these traffic blocks. Miss some important mtg, dinner, function. Miss a flight. Can't get the hospital in time. Whatever.

How about a city official "gets sent to the hospital?" That might be a wake up call.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post