SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Portland leftist trash blocking traffic
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portland leftist trash blocking traffic Login/Join 
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
That was a wonderful video to watch. I wish they had bean bag and rubber rounds.
I wish somehow Trump would mobilize the National Guard Army for control since the Mayor of Portland can't protect the population.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bonfire:
That was a wonderful video to watch. I wish they had bean bag and rubber rounds.
I wish somehow Trump would mobilize the National Guard Army for control since the Mayor of Portland can't protect the population.

By the sound of it, not enough bodies hit the ground though. Where would these punks be without expletives?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I bet next time leg restraints are involved as a couple of them got up and ran like jack rabbits.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That video is from July. Please don't post old video without specifying that it's not current.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
two words:

Belt Fed

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you want to see current video of the idiocy going on in Portland, with the police standing around with their thumbs up their ass, here it is.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
If a guy or a woman is going to do everything they possibly can to pick a fight, then play the victim , they probably deserve a good butt kicking. I don't mind if the police stand back for that, watch, and even snicker a little.

Here is a true irony for you. Talk to any staunch older (flower child era) Democrat who hates the military and ask them why. Most likely they'll tell you because the military takes young impressionable people and turns them into battlefield pawns. Which is EXACTLY what they are doing today.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
This video shows a leftist totally abusing a 911 widow at the protest. Completely despicable. Shows his true colors when confronted by her son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...nue=54&v=edOV8XDMGJs

Turns out this piece of shit was ID'd as Steve Wilson and fired from his job.

Link

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Turns out this piece of shit was ID'd as Steve Wilson and fired from his job.
That's insufficient in my book. He's still breathing and I don't like that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Prolly good for Ol Steve that he ran. Looks like he was about to get stomped. That woulda been a shame, a damn shame I tell ya.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://dailycaller.com/2018/1...11-window-loses-job/

“Steve Wilson is no longer an employee of [Self Enhancement Inc]. His behavior does not represent the values of our organization or the high expectations that we have for our employees,” SEI tweeted over the weekend

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

https://www.selfenhancement.org/ourmission/

Self Enhancement , Inc

The SEI Standards

1. In SEI we greet each other every day with a smile and a handshake to strengthen the relationship between us.

2. In SEI we honor and respect each other and so we address one another with proper language and speech.

3. In SEI we value the space of ourselves and others and are careful not to intrude or injure each other.

4. In SEI we are mindful of what is true, and strive to be honest in word and deed.

5. In SEI we treasure our rich culture and hold the cultures of all people in high regard.

6. In SEI we strive to reflect our beauty both inwardly in our understanding and outwardly in our appearance.

0 for 6

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Steve Wilson. Is there anyone who hasn't known his share of Steve Wilsons? We're talking about guys who are incredibly brave - as long as there's no possible reprisal for their scum-bag behavior. Their vocabularies are always limited, and therefore their "arguments" are always about 50%-60% or more swear words. Just try to count how many times he uses the "F" bomb as he verbally beats down the widow of an LEO who gave his life during 9/11.

Steve Wilson. I would enjoy seeing that woman's son beat him to a pulp.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Self Enhancement , Inc

The SEI Standards

1. In SEI we greet each other every day with a smile and a handshake to strengthen the relationship between us.

2. In SEI we honor and respect each other and so we address one another with proper language and speech.

3. In SEI we value the space of ourselves and others and are careful not to intrude or injure each other.

4. In SEI we are mindful of what is true, and strive to be honest in word and deed.

5. In SEI we treasure our rich culture and hold the cultures of all people in high regard.

6. In SEI we strive to reflect our beauty both inwardly in our understanding and outwardly in our appearance.

Not sure what the hell SEI does, but maybe I should apply for his old job. Sounds like a place that I can just cruise into retirement.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
two words:

Belt Fed

-----------------------------------------
I was gonna say water cannon...

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
Steve Wilson. Is there anyone who hasn't known his share of Steve Wilsons?
Yes--I am one. Never heard of him.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the problem with Portland PD: Too many white officers. Roll Eyes

https://katu.com/news/local/re...ing-diverse-officers

Report: Portland police need to do better hiring diverse officers

by Keaton Thomas, KATU News
Wednesday, October 31st 2018

PORTLAND, Ore. — Portland police are having trouble meeting diversity goals because they don’t have enough data on how minority candidates move through the hiring process, according to a new report from Portland's Independent Police Review (IPR).

The Portland Police Bureau is too white, according to the report. While Portland is about 77 percent white, according to the latest information from the U.S. Census, the police bureau is 83 percent white, according to open data from the city’s Office of Equity and Human Rights.

Every other demographic in the city of Portland is under-represented in the police bureau.

“Our report was focused on some of the barriers to them getting to their goal,” said Constantin Severe, director of the IPR. “I think everybody has a shared goal, a shared value in that the Portland Police Bureau should be more diverse. Our review is basically one look at how does the bureau, how does the city, get to the point of having more diverse officers.”

The bottom line, Severe says, is the bureau does not have data that helps them identify barriers to getting hired.

nitially, Severe says researchers wanted to compare the police bureau’s hiring practices with federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidelines. But the bureau didn’t have enough data to do so.

Researchers found the Bureau of Human Resources was not sharing demographic data with police that would help them track the progress of candidates through the hiring process.

"The Bureau of Human Resources and the police bureau's personnel division, they need to have better communication on what the police bureau needs to identify and develop diverse candidates and what are possible limitations in sharing information," said Severe.

The report included four recommendations for the police bureau:

- Engage with the Bureau of Human Resources to discuss how applicant data can be provided to meet racial equity goal
- Purchase and create a database to track candidates through the hiring process
- Create a data-informed review process to review the hiring process through an equity lens
- Survey applicants to identify potential quality-related barriers

Police Chief Danielle Outlaw said in a letter to IPR that she agreed with the recommendations. She says they have been working on hiring a more diverse police force.

The police bureau is holding a Women’s Public Safety Fair in March. They recruit police officers on the East Coast and in the southeastern U.S. at schools like John Jay College in New York and the University of Southern Mississippi. Outlaw says both schools have strong criminal justice programs and diverse student bodies.

Outlaw said the bureau is also looking for other ways to be more equitable in the hiring process.

Police appear to have made progress over the years. According to publicly available data from the city, the percentage of white police officers has gone down over the past decade. In 2009, they made up 87 percent of the police force. Now, they make up 83 percent.

E.D. Mondaine, president of the Portland chapter of the NAACP, says equity is good, but it is not the solution to all problems.

“Please continue with the diversity, but understand that is not the problem,” he said.

Mondaine says more minority officers would make communities of color feel more represented. He says it gives kids a respectable role model to look up to and an example of upward mobility. He said a more diverse police force would bring more awareness to different cultures.

But, Mondaine says, “The African-Americans, or people period, see police as not black or white, they see them as part of the system, the occupation. They see them as blue.”

To create beneficial change for communities of color, Mondaine says police need to change their training, policies, and procedures.

“To legislate in better training and policy changes and the sensitivity towards communities of color and culture, I think, would be a much better plan,” he said.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Outlaw said the bureau is also looking for other ways to be more equitable in the hiring process.

So following all this research, is it fair to ask the question:
Is the police force so white because a) non-whites don't qualify (entrance is restricted), or b) non-whites haven't even applied?

It seems to me there's more cause to be looked at here before assigning particular blame to the effects.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

So following all this research, is it fair to ask the question:
Is the police force so white because a) non-whites don't qualify (entrance is restricted), or b) non-whites haven't even applied?

It seems to me there's more cause to be looked at here before assigning particular blame to the effects.

Mostly A. Lots of departments lowered their standards for hiring and it subsequently bite them on their ass.....most of them didn't learn and kept up the lower standards which resulted with in everything from wrongful murder (Minneapolis Somali Officer and others), corruption, or simple inaction (dereliction of duty). Some departments even have a no hiring of anyone with prior police experience or military service (don't want to "militarize" their department).

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Portland NAACP Pres said it; The black community does not see police as black, white or other. They see police as occupiers.
That offers a lot of insight, right there.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post